Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 pm
Better yet, George Brussard had this to say on DNF: "It's going really well. There are several hours of fairly polished game to play. We're actively testing parts of the game and getting feedback from play testers and things are coming together. It's fun, it's in focus, we know what bits are fun and which are not, and it's just a matter of time now. I've probably never been as happy or excited about the game as I am these days."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:37 am

That's just...terrifying. Looks like IGN is going to have to get a new inside joke for pushing back release dates. That game had better be amazing or there are going to be a ridiculous number of pissed off fanfolk. On the same notion, though, there's going to be people who love it just because it was finally gifted to the world.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 am
I can rejoice now.

AMD Phenom 8750 triple-core processor 2,4 GHz
4 GB RAM
896 MB NVidia GeForce GTX 260
750 GB SATA HD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm
Lt. Brookman
I can rejoice now.

AMD Phenom 8750 triple-core processor 2,4 GHz
4 GB RAM
896 MB NVidia GeForce GTX 260
750 GB SATA HD
Very nice.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 pm
I can finally run World in Conflict normally and play Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts in ultra detail and it's not even chugging or grinding. Truly I am happy and ready for Dawn of War 2 now crying  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:21 pm
Lt. Brookman
I can finally run World in Conflict normally and play Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts in ultra detail and it's not even chugging or grinding. Truly I am happy and ready for Dawn of War 2 now crying

Yeah I just fixed my PC to run that as well. The Quarter inch of dust clogging the fan ports was making it overheat and do wacky things  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:38 pm
Click here. Go to about 4:15. Be amazed.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 pm

That show is ridiculous.

*drools*
Epic levels of want detected...

Looks to be amazing, though the one liners might get a bit repetitive if they're in there a lot.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:48 pm
Wow, Spore is fun, overhyped and boring. Crysis is just plain boring. Crap, I've upgraded my pc and the pastures of high-end games are not as green as I hoped them to be.

At least I still have you, Opposing Fronts and World in Conflict. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:49 am
I wasn't expecting too much from Crysis because.. well, I hated Far Cry.

Anyway, I got Mercenaries 2 the other day. Couple of things I don't like, though. The two main weapons that every bad guy uses are wildly inaccurate, and enemies can be hard as hell to see sometimes. Other than that... Gah, I dunno. It seems pretty short. It's saying I'm 50% through after only a few hours.  

General Awesome

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:06 am
It is generally short, but the object of the game is to work with the factions enough to get some big weapons and then wonder around blowing s**t up. Don't forget the AI is pretty dumb, and their only trick is getting in your vehicle just after you get out of it, more annoying than impressive. Things get better when AN and China invade, there are battles happening all over the place and you get access to some pretty heavy stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:24 am

Alrightyness. I feel like hijacking this thread to do some time traveling.

How many of you guys have played Jet Force Gemini? If you've never played it, the game was/is incredibly fun. I picked it up again the other day for $7, and I fully believe that it was worth it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Aust_Nailo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am
I got it back around when it came out. I thought it was one of the coolest games ever. Still is a good game in my book. Thing was, it was outshined by an inferior Donky Kong 64. And after all my time owning it, I have not beaten it once. Finding those space ship parts were hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 am
Yeah, I remember playing that and Perfect Dark back in the day. Both great games.  

Xenos Mortium

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:19 pm

*ponders for a while on how Rare used to be a monster in the gaming world*

What the hell happened to them? I mean, seriously. The oldest game of theirs that I own is the work known as "Time Lord" for the NES. It was horribly glitchy, but I loved it and still pop it in from time to time to try and beat it (much the same as I do with Startropics).

Thing is, they used to be almost synonymous with video games with things like Donkey Kong Country (and all of its sequels), Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, and Jet Force Gemini.

I think that games that steered them wrong were Star Fox Adventures and Kameo: Elements of Power.

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games