Submit

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:39 pm
Lethkhar
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan

That's my understanding of the matter as well.

well yes obviously.... xp

but the question most people ask is "how" did they go extinct?

large meteor, volcanoes, fires, etc

before i give my input, what do you think happened?

I believe it had to do with their physiology and the Changes in the earth's atmosphere after the flood. They couldn't breath right...

There are a multitude of theories, but the most logical explanation is that the dinosaurs went the way the garden of eden did, which is they were all killed of by the great flood... what better why to destroy a entire species than a world wide flood?

Hm...I was always under the impression that it was a meteor. I mean, the worldwide flood that the Biblical account is based on occured only a matter 10,000 years ago or so. The dinosaurs were extinct long before that.

Here it gets down to a matter of belief. You believe that the world is billions of years old, and we believe that it's only thousands. But please, lets not get into another evolution/big bang/age of the earth argument. We have like six billion of those already.

Quote:
Quote:
Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. Job 41 portrays the Leviathan. The Bible describes a sharp-toothed, scaled creature whose habitat is the mire and deep waters. Some parts even mentioning that it breaths fire. And the Behemoth, also in Job, which had a tail that moved like ceder and was "chief in the ways of god.

You do realize that Leviathan and Behemoth are both demons, right? They are defined as demon generals in Catholic demonology, actually.

That's Catholic. Most Christians don't believe in the same things as Catholic.

Quote:
Quote:
"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon ...And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:" (Revelation 12:3-4).

I don't think Revelation is the best book to be using in this case...

Yeah, we covered that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:32 am
Quote:

Why should we automatically dismiss it?  

Lyneun

Lexille

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:11 pm
Lyneun
Quote:

There doctrine and belief system is vastly different than that of Christian doctrine and belief.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:26 am
Lennex3
Lyneun
Quote:

There doctrine and belief system is vastly different than that of Christian doctrine and belief.

You mean Catholics aren't Christians?

Harsh...  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:28 am
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3

well yes obviously.... xp

but the question most people ask is "how" did they go extinct?

large meteor, volcanoes, fires, etc

before i give my input, what do you think happened?

I believe it had to do with their physiology and the Changes in the earth's atmosphere after the flood. They couldn't breath right...

There are a multitude of theories, but the most logical explanation is that the dinosaurs went the way the garden of eden did, which is they were all killed of by the great flood... what better why to destroy a entire species than a world wide flood?

Hm...I was always under the impression that it was a meteor. I mean, the worldwide flood that the Biblical account is based on occured only a matter 10,000 years ago or so. The dinosaurs were extinct long before that.

Here it gets down to a matter of belief. You believe that the world is billions of years old, and we believe that it's only thousands. But please, lets not get into another evolution/big bang/age of the earth argument. We have like six billion of those already.

Quote:
Quote:
Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. Job 41 portrays the Leviathan. The Bible describes a sharp-toothed, scaled creature whose habitat is the mire and deep waters. Some parts even mentioning that it breaths fire. And the Behemoth, also in Job, which had a tail that moved like ceder and was "chief in the ways of god.

You do realize that Leviathan and Behemoth are both demons, right? They are defined as demon generals in Catholic demonology, actually.

In spite of your hatred of Catholicism; Leviathan and Behemoth are demons, not dinosaurs.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:14 am
I think I'm with Lethkhar, with this one.

I mean, people are different. That probably bears repeating. Truth comes in all forms. Think about "all forms" for a minute or two. And if there was different truth in another faith? One we had not been shown? Christianity is a path to truth, but we don't know all Truth. Science is a path to truth, too. Just a different kind. Could it be, Catholics, in their vast history of dealing with demons/fallen angels and exorcisms, they might know a bit more on the subject than we as Protestants do?

Catholics are Christians.  

Lyneun

Lexille

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 pm
Well, I’m glad that everyone’s so quick to judge based on that fact that I said there’s an obvious difference between catholic teachings and that of the Christian faith…

Maybe I shall re-word this… Difference between Catholics and PROASTANTS, is that better?

I hate Catholics? Oh please… I don’t hate anybody.

The differences between catholic faith and the faith of the protestant church are so vast it’s hard to even begin…

*The acceptance of the theory of evolution by the Catholic Church, and the continuing rejection by most conservative Protestants.

*The acceptance of homosexual sexual orientation -- but not same-sex behavior -- as morally neutral by the Catholic Church, but not by many conservative Protestants.

*Catholics place ultimate interpretive authority in the Pope and Magesterium (the pope being the descendant of Peter). Conservative Protestants place it with the individual Christian and his/her interpretation of the Bible.

*Catholics teach that the bread and wine during the mass becomes the actual body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus. Protestants generally regard the two components as symbolic of Jesus' body and blood.

Both Catholics and conservative Protestants generally agree on some major theological matters, like the existence of angels, Mary's virgin conception; Jesus' sinless life, crucifixion, bodily resurrection, and his imminent return of Jesus to Earth in the second coming; Heaven, Hell; the Trinity, and the deity of Jesus. They agree that his execution brought about atonement -- the potential to bridge the gulf between humanity and God caused by sin. However they disagree on how this was achieved. They partly agree about the significance of baptism, but disagree about the timing when it is normally performed. They do not agree on which books are included in the official canon of the Bible.

Perhaps the main difference between conservative Protestantism and Roman Catholicism is expressed by the "five Solas". "Sola" means "alone" in Latin. The first three Sola statements of the early Protestant movement stressed that:

*"Sola Scriptura:" The Bible is the sole authority for Christian beliefs and practices. The Catholic Church stresses a balance between Biblical support and the tradition of the Church itself.

*"Sola Gratia:" One is saved through grace alone, given to the believer by God directly. The Catholic Church stresses the importance of church sacraments as a channel for God's grace.

*"Sola Fide:" Salvation is by the individual's faith alone in trusting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Again, the Catholic Church stresses the importance of church sacraments.

There also exists a great gulf between the two groups on other matters of belief and church practice -- particularly with regard to the rapture, authority within the church, church organization, freedom of the individual, freedom of each congregation, etc.

And etc., etc., etc...

I could go further.

It’s not my place to judge whether or not one person considers him/her self a Christian, or as to what faith that they shall follow. I have my beliefs and you have yours, If you believe that the behemoth and leviathan are “demons” that’s for you to decide. If I offended you in anyway then I’m sorry, I mean no ill will, but don’t put words in my mouth saying that I hate Catholics… or anyone of any other faith of that matter.

Again, we all have our opinions. If nothing else, that’s all we have.

Now what was this thread originally about? I forget… domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:31 am
Lennex3
Well, I’m glad that everyone’s so quick to judge based on that fact that I said there’s an obvious difference between catholic teachings and that of the Christian faith…

Maybe I shall re-word this… Difference between Catholics and PROASTANTS, is that better?

I hate Catholics? Oh please… I don’t hate anybody.

The differences between catholic faith and the faith of the protestant church are so vast it’s hard to even begin…

*The acceptance of the theory of evolution by the Catholic Church, and the continuing rejection by most conservative Protestants.

*The acceptance of homosexual sexual orientation -- but not same-sex behavior -- as morally neutral by the Catholic Church, but not by many conservative Protestants.

*Catholics place ultimate interpretive authority in the Pope and Magesterium (the pope being the descendant of Peter). Conservative Protestants place it with the individual Christian and his/her interpretation of the Bible.

*Catholics teach that the bread and wine during the mass becomes the actual body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus. Protestants generally regard the two components as symbolic of Jesus' body and blood.

Both Catholics and conservative Protestants generally agree on some major theological matters, like the existence of angels, Mary's virgin conception; Jesus' sinless life, crucifixion, bodily resurrection, and his imminent return of Jesus to Earth in the second coming; Heaven, Hell; the Trinity, and the deity of Jesus. They agree that his execution brought about atonement -- the potential to bridge the gulf between humanity and God caused by sin. However they disagree on how this was achieved. They partly agree about the significance of baptism, but disagree about the timing when it is normally performed. They do not agree on which books are included in the official canon of the Bible.

Perhaps the main difference between conservative Protestantism and Roman Catholicism is expressed by the "five Solas". "Sola" means "alone" in Latin. The first three Sola statements of the early Protestant movement stressed that:

*"Sola Scriptura:" The Bible is the sole authority for Christian beliefs and practices. The Catholic Church stresses a balance between Biblical support and the tradition of the Church itself.

*"Sola Gratia:" One is saved through grace alone, given to the believer by God directly. The Catholic Church stresses the importance of church sacraments as a channel for God's grace.

*"Sola Fide:" Salvation is by the individual's faith alone in trusting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Again, the Catholic Church stresses the importance of church sacraments.

There also exists a great gulf between the two groups on other matters of belief and church practice -- particularly with regard to the rapture, authority within the church, church organization, freedom of the individual, freedom of each congregation, etc.

And etc., etc., etc...

I could go further.

That's some pretty huge generalization of Protestants there.

Quote:
It’s not my place to judge whether or not one person considers him/her self a Christian, or as to what faith that they shall follow. I have my beliefs and you have yours, If you believe that the behemoth and leviathan are “demons” that’s for you to decide. If I offended you in anyway then I’m sorry, I mean no ill will, but don’t put words in my mouth saying that I hate Catholics… or anyone of any other faith of that matter.

Again, we all have our opinions. If nothing else, that’s all we have.

Now what was this thread originally about? I forget… domokun

You were trying to prove something to me involving dinosaurs...I wasn't really clear about your point.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:39 am
Lennex3
Quote:

10, 000 years ago? most dont realize that carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years (and scientist do admit this)

Hehe! I'm the one that told you that! xd

I'm so proud! whee

Quote:
after that its only speculation, a guessing game.

Not really. It just gets a little less accurate. There are a myriad of radioactive particles found in all living things that act much in the same way as Carbon-14, some of which maintain measurable amounts for billions of years.

Quote:
Quote:

Job: Behemoth (was chief in the ways of God)... that statement wouldn't make since if they were demons...

The line continues,"...he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him."

This wouldn't make sense if Behemoth wasn't opposed to God.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K

Quote:
Quote:

In spite of your hatred of Catholicism; Leviathan and Behemoth are demons, not dinosaurs.

Maybe demons ARE dinosaurs. eek mrgreen  

GuardianAngel44

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:43 pm
Lethkhar
Lennex3
Lyneun
Quote:

You mean Catholics aren't Christians?

Harsh...

I personally consider the Catholic church different then Christianity, as most people hate Christians for things that Catholics did.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff