Submit

-_-
  O_O
View Results

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:42 am
IttyBittyKitty
It's character development. Just like how Ryuk was shaded less and L's hair changed from when you didn't see his face to the second manga* (and Yagami-san's graying, but that was on purpose)

*When looking at L from the back in the first manga, his shoulder looks much more broad, and his hair looks much more curly. From what I've gathered, first manga L looked more like B than himself. (and he actually looked his age). He also isn't hunched over at all when he's standing (no scoliosis? BLASPHEMY!)

Haha...ultimate fangirl observations.

What's sad is that most of them were gathered the first time around-I don't like reading these things twice...they're too text heavy.

About L looking very differently before meeting Yagami-san and the others was mainly because Obata didn't know how he looked like before that. He and Ohba NEVER ONCE met during the making of the manga. Ohba sent the storyline and they had mail contact, but that was all. And only one chapter at a time (common fact is that Ohba winged most of the manga without planning much ahead)

Supposedly, all he knew about the L-scenes was that it was a man in a dark room, we wouldn't see his face, yada yada. You know? And then later on, when L is going to be introduced, Obata gets the description and goes 'OH, so THAT's what he's supposed to look like' (Also, directly after that, he had asked Ohba if he could make L 'less attractive' (Personally I think he failed XDXD))

That's my thoughts for why the L before meeting Yagami-san looks different from the one we later got to know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:11 pm
I liked him better with the O_O.  

Koishii X

IttyBittyKitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Keyhala
IttyBittyKitty
It's character development. Just like how Ryuk was shaded less and L's hair changed from when you didn't see his face to the second manga* (and Yagami-san's graying, but that was on purpose)

*When looking at L from the back in the first manga, his shoulder looks much more broad, and his hair looks much more curly. From what I've gathered, first manga L looked more like B than himself. (and he actually looked his age). He also isn't hunched over at all when he's standing (no scoliosis? BLASPHEMY!)

What's sad is that most of them were gathered the first time around-I don't like reading these things twice...they're too text heavy.

About L looking very differently before meeting Yagami-san and the others was mainly because Obata didn't know how he looked like before that. He and Ohba NEVER ONCE met during the making of the manga. Ohba sent the storyline and they had mail contact, but that was all. And only one chapter at a time (common fact is that Ohba winged most of the manga without planning much ahead)

Supposedly, all he knew about the L-scenes was that it was a man in a dark room, we wouldn't see his face, yada yada. You know? And then later on, when L is going to be introduced, Obata gets the description and goes 'OH, so THAT's what he's supposed to look like' (Also, directly after that, he had asked Ohba if he could make L 'less attractive' (Personally I think he failed XDXD))

That's my thoughts for why the L before meeting Yagami-san looks different from the one we later got to know.

BUAHAHA! I didn't like his weird squinty eyes, they look adorable when they're buggy...
Just everything about him is so...X3

Yeah, when L has a fan database this big, you know you've done something wrong in the "making him less attractive" genre.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 am
IttyBittyKitty
Keyhala
IttyBittyKitty

BUAHAHA! I didn't like his weird squinty eyes, they look adorable when they're buggy...

Yeah, when L has a fan database this big, you know you've done something wrong in the "making him less attractive" genre.

It's the same thing with Matt XD He has a HUUUUUGE fandom and only 14 panels of screentime XD someone failed in the 'small pointless sub-character' genre there XDXD (Mesa lurves Matt *second after L*)

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

The World Within

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 pm
L is adorable no matter what whee
i just love him..and his hair is so pretty.
i like his eyes....they suit him xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:39 pm
He was on...a sugar high, I suppose. I'm actually curious about why isn't bouncing off walls, that'd be a great thing to see! xd  

NejiShikaItalover92

iTakeshi Yamamoto

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:31 am
Candy Ashtray
No, I don't mean the clothes, and I don't mean the attitude. But, did anyone else notice that in the manga, book 2 shows L much less bug-eyed than in the rest of the books. I mean, it went from

-_-

to

O_O
True but he is still awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm
Keyhala
IttyBittyKitty
Keyhala
IttyBittyKitty

It's the same thing with Matt XD He has a HUUUUUGE fandom and only 14 panels of screentime XD someone failed in the 'small pointless sub-character' genre there XDXD (Mesa lurves Matt *second after L*)

I love Matt. It was so sad when he uh *cough cough* it was the first few pages! It was just like they shoved it in your face and expected you to choke it down! But my Fav character list goes like this:
L
Mello
Ryuk
Matt
Matsu (for the luls and because L called him a dumbass XD [REASON ENOUGH!])  

IttyBittyKitty

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:53 am
IttyBittyKitty
Keyhala

I love Matt. It was so sad when he uh *cough cough* it was the first few pages! It was just like they shoved it in your face and expected you to choke it down! But my Fav character list goes like this:
L
Mello
Ryuk
Matt
Matsu (for the luls and because L called him a dumbass XD [REASON ENOUGH!])

Hehehehe XD

My list goes:

L
Matt
Mello
Ryuuku
Raito (just because he's hot, okay? *lol*)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:50 pm
yes i noticed this too my explanation is that they re trying to make him look more like an intellectual genius but as you get to know him and the story goes on and he gets bug eyed is when you realize he is no ordinary super cute genius  

Ls_heir_near

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:30 pm
His hair is kinda...curlier in the first couple volumes too. It reminded me a bit of Near's hair.
I didn't see him sitting the way he does and he was standing up straight.
And he showed a bit more emotion in those volumes. Or that last one could be my imagination....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:35 pm
I think they started to develop his character better later on
and they got more used to his expressions and personality.
I know that I do that when I make a sad attempt at drawing a comic!
^_^

Ablepsy

IttyBittyKitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:07 pm
Ablepsy
^_^

I either didn't notice this or didn't absorb it the first time around, but I reread volume 3 recently, and L was shaking and gripping his knees closer to his face after Ukita-san's death. I think they wiped L of all emotion later on. And fanfiction certainly makes L out to be absolutely emotionless (not that it really matters much since we're talking about canon things)

Are there any other examples out there?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:42 pm
IttyBittyKitty
Ablepsy
^_^

I either didn't notice this or didn't absorb it the first time around, but I reread volume 3 recently, and L was shaking and gripping his knees closer to his face after Ukita-san's death. I think they wiped L of all emotion later on. And fanfiction certainly makes L out to be absolutely emotionless (not that it really matters much since we're talking about canon things)

Are there any other examples out there?

Really? Emotionless?
All the fictions I read make him a ball of emotion and sugar.
Then again, I read the crackfics...

Ablepsy

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas