Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Should L have his own manga?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think L should have his own manga?
  Yes!
  No
View Results

Koishii X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:58 pm
No imo because information about him has already been hinted in the anime/manga. Though I am not finished the series, L seemed to have come from the same place as Mello and Near. I would say L should get his own chapter describing his past and all, but definitely not a whole manga razz  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:00 pm
I think that would be like and awesome idea and it could talk about his childhood and how he grew up to be such a great detective, i think that would be supurb.  

animefreak225

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:16 pm
I'd probably read it even if it wasn't good. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:12 pm
I'd say yes, because I wish they went into more depth with his past.

Though, I suppose that would take away the "mysterious" aspect of him. Hmm...
It's a difficult decision actually. xD;

Though, if one was out, I'd buy it. Hands down.

~Kay

Kayani_neko

rabbitbutt

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:07 am
Yea!Yea!! Then we can make a guild of the manga!!All about him still though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:41 am
I agree, sort of.

L getting his own manga series is a no. As someone has already mentioned one of the things that draw people to him is how mysterious he is.

However a one shot manga would be quite nice.  

Piffle Inna Box

Elisabell-angel enraged

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:47 am
Jam-Kiske
It could be great if done correctly! And this is what they're going to be doing with the 3rd Death Note movie that begins filming in August... "A spin-off film directed by Hideo Nakata is currently in pre-production. It is announced to be dedicated to the pre-history of the character of L and released in the first half of 2008." So speaks Wikipedia... hopefully it's a good movie [prays].

Yes, this is true it has its own site with a trailer. It's called
L: change the worLd. Ah, puns.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:35 pm
I believe the novel about L wasn't written by the author of Death Note though. (Can anyone confirm this? I only remember overhearing ssomeone's conversation over it.) The movie is based off of this novel too... I'm curious as to how all that fell logistically, and how the tone will change with the different writers.  

ThisMayBeMissMari

Piffle Inna Box

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 am
Yes, it was written by someone else. (Called Ishin Nishio, or so Wikipedia tells me.)

Speaking of which, where did you find out that this movie is going to be based of it? Just curious.

I have my doubts that the movie is going to be based on it to be honest. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:47 am
i think it would be wonderful if L had his own manga.it could be about his childhood leading up to his current age.i would love to know more about his background and family and his life at the orphanage and how he was as a child  

Lucretia Thorn

tHaT_wAs_My_YaWn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:00 am
I would totally buy it. eek xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 pm
Of course L should have his own manga series. I know tons of fans would buy the mangas. i would be first in line whee  

Kitty Pimp

l u c k y - y u k i

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:04 am
An L manga would be TOTALLY awesome XD But what would it be about? (Like other tthen his past) could deathnote be switched around so that L found the note (except then he wouldnt be the good guy DX) lol!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:15 am
Jam-Kiske
Holy crap! You're right... why did I never notice that before? And it says the novel will be released in English in Februrary 2008... which is also when How to Read is going to be released here! O.o

"A novel adaption of the series has been written by Ishin Nishio, called Death Note: Another Note. It serves as a prequel to the manga series, with Mello narrating the story of L's first encounter with Naomi Misora during the Los Angeles "BB Serial Murder Case" mentioned in volume 2 of the manga. Beside Naomi's character, the novel focuses on how L works. Insight was given into Watari's orphanage and how the whole system of geniuses such as L, Mello and Near were put to work. Viz will be releasing the novel in English in February 2008." So says Wikipedia.

The movie is called, "L change the WorLd" here the japanese tralier site here

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/L-movie/

I've heard the movie comes out on Feb. 9, 2008 five days after my birthday. The novel comes on 19th, 2008 of Feb. and the The "How to Read 13" comes out sometime in Feb. I'll be on the look out for them! I'm lucky to have so many L-related stuff come out during the month of my Birthday... I'm so happy! 4laugh  

Raimu_Fuyuki

Raimu_Fuyuki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:16 am
poetice92
Of course L should have his own manga series. I know tons of fans would buy the mangas. i would be first in line whee

I second that. whee  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces