Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate Near?
  Yes!!!
  No
  A little...
  No he is better then L!!!
  Yes, he does not deserve to be L's heir and the next L!!!!
View Results

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Near was lacking in the things I liked about L, even though he looks more like a copy paste gone wrong.

Near irritated me at times with how he lacked respect for others and he only cared about surpassing L. Just because he got proof of Light being Kira does not mean that he could even come close to L's natural skill.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:30 pm
Awww, I like Near whee He's not L, but he's still pretty cute. I LIKE his creepy smile heart  

Accidental Affinity

Sacred Arcane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 pm
SerenitytheWaterSprite
And I've got a question.
Did it ever, even once, show Near standing or walking? mad

I didn't mind Near. At first he was just boring to me and I was more interested in Mello, but then near the end of the book I started to like him just as much as Mello, though I liked L more than both of them.

Oh and I think in the manga Near was standing in front of the President, not sure if I'm right though but I think he was standing in a few frames.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:32 pm
BloodRavenGirl
Near was lacking in the things I liked about L, even though he looks more like a copy paste gone wrong.

Near irritated me at times with how he lacked respect for others and he only cared about surpassing L. Just because he got proof of Light being Kira does not mean that he could even come close to L's natural skill.

Wasn't Mello the one that wanted to surpass L? I thought Near didn't want to cause he knew his limits and thought he couldn't be better than L.  

Sacred Arcane

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:20 am
SerenitytheWaterSprite
I wouldn't mind him if he weren't so much like L... it just felt like they were trying to replace L, and they were doing a shitty job of it, too. scream

SerenitytheWaterSprite
And I've got a question.

>.>
I find it funny how you put all these mad faces after every quote. d:  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:55 pm
I don't hate Near but i kinda hate Raito for killing L...
Blame Raito Yagami!!! scream
write him in the death note!!!
Just joking!!!
my favorite character is L then Near then raito.....
lol...  

Ninjafan160

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:57 pm
Ninjafan160
I don't hate Near but i kinda hate Raito for killing L...
Blame Raito Yagami!!! scream
write him in the death note!!!
Just joking!!!
my favorite character is L then Near then raito.....
lol...

Ah, but Light didn't kill him, remember?
Rem did. Light just tricked her into doing it, she didn't really have a choice...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:58 pm
serjtankian_is_god
SerenitytheWaterSprite
I wouldn't mind him if he weren't so much like L... it just felt like they were trying to replace L, and they were doing a shitty job of it, too. scream

SerenitytheWaterSprite
And I've got a question.

>.>

blaugh I know. I don't like Near. At all. He was really bland, with no personality or anything... stressed  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:48 am
SerenitytheWaterSprite
serjtankian_is_god
SerenitytheWaterSprite

SerenitytheWaterSprite
And I've got a question.

>.>

blaugh I know. I don't like Near. At all. He was really bland, with no personality or anything... stressed

Hehe MHM. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:41 am
Heh. Personally, I don't have anything against Near. I find him adorable... and he makes me feel like squeezing him until his eyes pop out! XD (Kidding)
Although I agree when some of you say that he is a little mean and disrespectful sometimes. But, oh well... his expressionlessness is what makes me not hate him. I find it funny that he doesn't show any emotions. XD (I'm weird... I know.)
Still... even if I kinda like him, he's not one of my favs. First, comes L and Mello! X3

SakuDeath

Shadkim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:48 pm
Oooh, this is fun! 3nodding

I just re-read the series, and it's interesting to see that some people's assumptions of Near are wrong. I want to address what Near thinks of L...

In the begining, upon learning of L's death, he shows no concern over it. Yet, later in the series, we find proof that he has, at least, major repect for L. His respect for L shows through in Vol. 11, Chapter 90, where Near refuses to arrest Mikami without a lot of solid evidence:

"... then to say, "See we were right"... such ex post facto justification will not be tolerated. That is not the way we do things. ... That's right. We... me... and L. L will not be happy if we do that. It would be an insult to L, who entrusted those who came after him with this case."

At the end, we find out that Mello was the one who tried to surpass L. Thus, the quote from Vol. 12, Chapter 104:

"Mello always said that he was going to be number one, and that he was going to be better than me and L... it could be that I lack the action and he lacked the calm... and even though we couldn't surpass the one we admired on our own... together we can stand with L. Together we can surpass L."

So, I think it's safe to say that Near does not hate L, nor thinks he is better than him. (Though, he could be in time - he might be balancing himself with Mello - i.e. eating chocolate at the end) Near, as some have said, just does not reveal what's going on in his head... so we usually have to guess.

I do like Near. L will always be my favorite, and I admit I hated Near in the begining, but now I think I rather like him. He can be crude, and not a nice person (i.e. puppets and sneaky smile) but he gets the job done.

In this case, it was good that he did not reveal himself to Raito as L did. I mean, look what happened to L when he let Raito get too close. I guess the saying, "keep your enemies closer" should not always be advised. Plus, he was pretty cute when he swam through the pile of CD cases!

But uhhh... I hope I didn't bombard you guys. I'm doing research for a fanfic and I like to get things accurate. Since I'm writing about Near now, I figured I'd better post what I found. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:17 am
his cool..............  

searchingsolace

aeonfan95

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:47 am
no. hes cute redface  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:39 pm
I think Near is ok..
He's kinda like L to me, just a less interesting miniversion. /:
There are some things about him that I like, but L has it too.
He's nothing new. Just a replacement in my eyes.
And I'm not a huge fan of his rather crude personality..
Or whatever I should call it.
But I don't hate him.

Mello on the other hand..
I've started to like him a lot~ :'D

tieru

Blessed Fairy

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:41 pm
Okay, WHO CHOSE THAT NEAR IS BETTER THAN L? scream  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items