Reply Life Issues & Fashion
+=+ Make Up!! +=+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DehShadow-ness

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:23 pm
i love my make up! i experiment evfery time im bored which is A LOT so im always coming up with looks that make me look evil, good, nice, sad, mad, etc. adn my friends always want to know how i got my look. and i go myself and they always want me to do there makeup. so i experimant on my friends too. so now i have like 10 different looks of only 2 different eyeshadows, 2 different eyeliners and mascara. its so funny what i do when im bored as hell and have nothing better to do. its fun! biggrin and its love. heart its what i do best...experiment with make-up  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:39 am
where's a good glossy black lipstick.  

Teachidoll

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:07 pm
Teachidoll
where's a good glossy black lipstick.
I think NYX has a black lipstick called 'Penelope'.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:10 pm
cohl, just cohl....

it's all most guys really need to impress...

I tried the uberbellalagosi look (extreme whiteface, black/burgandy lipstick, eyeliner) for a couple of years until I woke up and realized that it made me look like a whiteface clown, i'm glad that phase is waaay over. So I'll just stick with the cohl eyeliner...  

Keevan Draco

SADERR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 am
Eyeliner
I have THIN black eyeliner around my eyes, and that's all I care for.
My friend, who studies working with makeup, once took two lines (one on each side of the eye) and brought them down at a point, aligned a little above my mouth. While it looked amazing, if I do it myself, I just looke like a douche. So, I don't.

lipstick
I never use it myself, but I have, in the past, used a deep purple that didn't look hald bad.

Nailpolish
Usually plain black nails, nothing else. At times I will add colour to the ends of my nails, usually blue, red, or purple. (Whatever my sister has. I refuse to buy nailpolish that I will never fully use on my nails, it's a waste of money).

I don't wear anything else. I dislike eyeshadow, unless it matches, or is close to, my eyeliner, and covers only my eyelid. Other then that, I never do.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:21 pm
*shivers* I'm a female and I don't even use make up o,.,o
I'd rather have people/some one like me for me, not some one that hides behind a face of paint.  

haunted milkshake

Lady Annastassia Celeste

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:00 pm
Hmm. Personally, I love make up. I think make up is an art form, just like writing, painting, fashion design, hairstyling, and baking. Make up art can be absolutely phenomenal and be as simple as just experimenting with eyeshadows or as complex as making someone look like an orc. [[the make up artistry in LOTR was intense. super intense.]] A couple things I want to try with make up are these:

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p386/xfiendxangelicalx/explode_by_itashleys_makeup.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p386/xfiendxangelicalx/gothic_makeup_resize.jpg

as well as a lot of make up that Viona or Emilie Autumn do.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:41 am
I pretty much only do eye makeup, I hate things like foundation, concealer, and all that jazz.
I like dramatic eyes. I love grey, purple toned taupes, silvers, plums and blacks. I also really like red eye looks, I just can't seem to find any decent red shadows.

Lately I'm also becoming pretty obsessed with dark lips, I have a growing collection of plums, burgandy, and purple lipsticks.

I haven't really figured out the best way to wear them though.. the whole 'Nude eye, dark lip' thing looks so strange on me. sad  

Awesome Akwardness

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:52 pm
I use ben nye makeup.

and I hate black lipstick.
Oh no call the goth police.
-.- a lot of people in the scene where I live give me so much crap for that.

Though, I cannot deny that when I paint my face...full on paint not just eyeshadow and lipgloss...I usually have black lips. =/
I don't like...it just looks good with the rest of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:07 am
I posted a reply to this a while ago, but all the links were broken; and, the methods I listed no longer apply to me. I deleted it.

My makeup usage and techniques have changed majorly since my last post in here.

For the most part I only work on the eyes. Occassionally I'll put some colour on my lips.

Technique - Eyes:

1. Prime the lid with a primer. I don't actually buy any sort of special primer because a light coat of foundation works just as well. Of course you want a foundation that matches your skin tone. Let it dry - doesn't take long.

2. Coat entire lid from lashes to brow with a light neutral colour - I use a nude shadow; sometimes a pearl/white if I'm going for a little more drama.

3. Coat upper lid from lashes to lid crease with a darker shade - I use a light brown or light grey.

4. Dust darkest shadow into the crease starting about the middle of the eye and pulling to the outer canthus - I use a dark brown or a coal/black. Bring a little of the shadow onto the lid where the lashes end to create a soft point.

5. Beginning where the lashes on upper lid start and working my way out - getting thicker as I go - I line my lid with a black cream eye liner. I find that cream goes on the nicest, stays the best, and isn't difficult to remove. I finish the liner with a small wing on either eye.

6. Curl the lashes moving up and out with the curler.

7. Apply mascara beginning at the lash base and wriggling the wand slightly to coat the entire lash. Pull up slowly and only coat twice at most to avoid spider leg lashes.

Tips:
- Use a different brush for every shadow
- Curling the lashes before applying mascara helps to avoid unsightly kinks in the lashes
- Never pump the mascara wand; this creates unwanted bubbles in the makeup and also causes it to dry out and not last as long
- Clean brushes often
- Try to find an eyeliner which creates the sharpest line rather than an unseemly smudge; cream, like I said, works best; there are some liquids that work nicely too. Even using a pencil liner and tweaking it with a liquid works well.
- Always start inside and work your way outside when applying eyeliner; and start the line at a thin taper and pull it to a desired thickness [I like mine fairly thick, about 1/8th of an inch]

Technique - Lips:

1. Line the lips with a lip liner that is the same or very similar to the lipstick you will be applying. This step is when you might alter the shape of your lips.

2. Holding the liner at an angle and using the tip more like a brush, fill the lips with the rest of the liner colour. This creates an even base, so that if your lipstick wears during the day, you still have an even colour on your lips. However, this technique should insure minimal wearing off of the lipstick.

3. Apply lipstick; since you already have your base you don't need to coat the lipstick on very thick. This also helps in avoiding that cakey look.

Simple as that.
Mostly I wear Burt's Bees or a plain lip gloss though. I used to wear lipstick all the time, but I got tired of it. This technique works really well though. I could eat and drink all day and still have brilliant lip colour.

On occasion I may wear some false lashes just for fun and drama. I went through a phase where I wore them every day. It's fun to feel high maintenance once in a while.

MortSanglant

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:01 am
I only started experimenting with makeup a year ago, which is a little late, being 24 and all. But I settled for a look that people ask me how I achieve all the time. Having puffy eyes by nature, they make me look a little sad, so trying to cheer them up, I used a mix of black and white eyeliners and eye shadows, I ended up with something I liked and made my eyes look more open, but the only side effect, I get asked a hundred times if I have Japanese ancestry which is funny since I have no Asian bloodlines at all and I didn't put the Japanese factor in mind when I made that up.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 pm
Black lipstick is tacky, and I think makes you look like you try too hard.

Whisper Gently

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 am
Whisper Gently
Black lipstick is tacky, and I think makes you look like you try too hard.

To wear it on a daily basis, definitely.
I don't mind seeing it in artistic expressions such as photography or whatnot.
It's also permissible if your Halloween costume is that of the stereotypical goth. Hahaha.
Not to mention most people who wear it don't apply it well.
Black lipstick must be worn with precision, otherwise it looks a damn mess.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff