Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Article about Summerfest... [edit] NEW SONG! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

found on
  http://patdonline.com/
View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 am
Green is one of my favorite colors! surprised It's pretty, and reminds me of happy times! xp

But I'm gonna go watch a movie now (Closer, actually.) so... yeah xp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:53 am
I live in the woods so I just kind of get sick of green. D=

OMG. Closer.
Tell me if it's good.

I just noticed something else. In that new song's video, Spencer has no more beard or like, uber long side burns. eek

PrimeRibby
Captain

Los Miserables

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm
Oh. My God.

I Love the sound of that...the new song.

These boys have such a way with a melody!!
I'm so excited!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:35 pm
`PrimeRib

OMG. Closer.
Tell me if it's good.

I just noticed something else. In that new song's video, Spencer has no more beard or like, uber long side burns. eek
It's pretty much about sex and deceit. I wouldn't really say it was good. The whole movie I felt like I was waiting for something that just never came. But it wasn't horrible either. I don't know. I guess I wouldn't recommend it.

My mom gave me a weird look when I finished the line "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off,"

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib

OMG. Closer.
Tell me if it's good.

It's pretty much about sex and deceit. I wouldn't really say it was good. The whole movie I felt like I was waiting for something that just never came. But it wasn't horrible either. I don't know. I guess I wouldn't recommend it.

My mom gave me a weird look when I finished the line "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off,"

Yeah, I read about it a while ago. The article I read also said that it was basically about sex. xD OH MY GOSH. You watched it with your MOM? I wouldnt be able to watch something like that with my mom.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm
Well I had no idea what it was about. I normally search IMDB for every movie before I watch it, but for some reason I'd never looked up Closer. I just knew it had Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman and Jude Law in it, and those are all actors my mom likes, and I figured it was a good movie if P!ATD and FOB watched it... and my brother was going to the video store anyway so I asked him to bring Closer and when he got home I just put it in the DVD player and we watched it.

And to be honest, I pretty much wish my mom hadn't watched with me. Kind of awkward. But oh well. My family is pretty open about stuff like sex... so it's not a huge deal. But still xp

Polyphonic Twilight

tanyjames

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:16 pm
the video is kinda bnad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:23 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Well I had no idea what it was about. I normally search IMDB for every movie before I watch it, but for some reason I'd never looked up Closer. I just knew it had Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman and Jude Law in it, and those are all actors my mom likes, and I figured it was a good movie if P!ATD and FOB watched it... and my brother was going to the video store anyway so I asked him to bring Closer and when he got home I just put it in the DVD player and we watched it.

And to be honest, I pretty much wish my mom hadn't watched with me. Kind of awkward. But oh well. My family is pretty open about stuff like sex... so it's not a huge deal. But still xp

Don't you know that Panic! At The Disco are horny young men?! xd

I wouldnt of watched it with my parents. eek Nooo wayy. My family isnt like that.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:35 am
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

I wouldnt of watched it with my parents. eek Nooo wayy. My family isnt like that.
Well I know that now xp

I'm just glad it was my mom, and not my dad who saw it. If it had been my dad, I'd never have lived that down xp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:42 am
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

Well I know that now xp

I'm just glad it was my mom, and not my dad who saw it. If it had been my dad, I'd never have lived that down xp

HAHA.

I would have been more comfortable watching it with my dad than my mom.

PrimeRibby
Captain

tanyjames

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:12 am
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

Well I know that now xp

HAHA.

I would have been more comfortable watching it with my dad than my mom.

i wold be more comfortable with no one~  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:19 am
A different Summerfest article
Though their music is admirably consistent with an old-time entertainment motif -- rat-a-tatting drums, swirling keys -- Panic! At the Disco left the lions and tigers and even the dancing girls at home for their set at Summerfest Saturday night. Damn!

With the considerable humidity mixing with the heat of thousands of tightly packed, only-just-post-adolescent bodies, hormones and pheromones flashed and sparked through the crowd like heat lighting. The crowd surged to its feet screaming when its young heroes appeared.

Video monitors caught the band members at ludicrously flattering rock star angles. It's impossible not to want to watch and watch and watch these guys. It's very not like watching a Backstreet Boys show.

With his mobile features and Mick Jagger School of Stage Movement emoting, Brendan Urie is long-waisted and somewhat pretty. He is what Jude Law would be if Law were a college sophomore fronting a rock band. Working an enormous pair of eyes, Urie sang in a good, if unschooled, tenor while playing keys and guitar.

Stage right, songwriter Ryan Ross sang backup -- harmonizing rather nicely with Urie -- and handled lead guitar duties. He's obviously not the guy interested in being the center of attention. An Oliver Twist cap pulled down over his face, his round-cheeked appeal was radiantly apparent. It's easy to imagine he says "please" and "thank you" to the tech when he changes out guitars during the set.

It's always interesting to watch a band's drummer. Is he palpably sullen, brooding over how low he rates with the chicks into the band? Or does he look so geeked to just be at his drum kit that he functions as a goodwill ambassador? Spencer Smith didn't appear to be brooding, perhaps because of the love fest between the band and the cameras. He's still young, but it was good to see him playing with enthusiasm and a rather fierce attack.

Stories about Panic! at the Disco never mention Chicago native Jon Walker. Maybe it has to do with the legalities surrounding original bass player Brent Wilson's departure. At any rate, Walker, sporting a beard perhaps to announce his status as Panic's elder statesman, is a good player, no two ways about it.

The underwater melodies, harmonizing and keys of Panic! at the Disco's electric-emo are reminiscent of the dampish sounds of The Cure. For the first song of the encore, Urie sang the Counting Crows' "Round Here" solo. The ambiguous desire in his voice could make for obsessive listening.

This one gives the band much more credit than the other one. They spelled Brendon wrong though xp But whatever.
I like what they said about Ryan most 3nodding (maybe because it seems the most accurate)

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:08 am
tanyjames
i wold be more comfortable with no one~

HA. Same here. gonk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:09 am
@ Poly: That's like, my favorite review ever. 4laugh

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:44 am
`PrimeRib
@ Poly: That's like, my favorite review ever. 4laugh
I like it too, it's funny. But like I said, they spelled Brendon wrong. Which is like, almost a sin in my book xp Aaand they call Panic! AT The Disco electric-emo, which doesn't even begin to describe them really. And the band doesn't like being labeled as emo.

But other than that, great review 3nodding

"It's impossible not to want to watch and watch and watch these guys."
Soo true! heart Same with the obsessive listening thing.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff