Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Bands Becoming "Mainstream" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is better?
  Mainstream.
  Underground.
  I don't care either way.
View Results

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:59 am
It doesn't make sense to me when an underground band appears on the radio/MTV/whatever public outlet and their old fans say: "OMG they're mainstream now. I hate them now. They suck, and so will their future albums." rolleyes

I found Panic! through the radio, but I don't go OMG they're so freaking cool!

The radio station I listen to plays Paramore A LOT! but I don't mind...and I'm still waiting for the Hush Sound to break biggrin 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:34 pm
`PrimeRib
SingPaNiCDiScO
Personally, I don't think that if you liked them 1 year or 1 month should make a difference- any band. You don't have to, you know.. how can I explain this... liking them for less time than someone else doesn't diminish your like for a band. A new fan can appreciate music as much as an older fan...

In a way I agree with that, but in another way I disagree.

When you've been a fan of a band for a long time...your love for their music kind of goes beyond the music. It's almost like you build a special relationship with them. And when you've been a fan for a really long time, you know what the band was like when they first started out, and you've seen them grow over time. You've seen them develop as muscians, and to me...that's a really special thing to see as a fan.

New fans are basically just hooked on the music, and it doesnt go much farther than that.

Yeah, I know.

I think what I'm trying to say is that new fans, if they are true fans, will keep on liking them. They just need a chance to prove they are going to BE diehard fans, and like the band long enough to be considered "old fans."  

SingPaNiCDiScO

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:15 pm
SingPaNiCDiScO
`PrimeRib
SingPaNiCDiScO
Personally, I don't think that if you liked them 1 year or 1 month should make a difference- any band. You don't have to, you know.. how can I explain this... liking them for less time than someone else doesn't diminish your like for a band. A new fan can appreciate music as much as an older fan...

In a way I agree with that, but in another way I disagree.

When you've been a fan of a band for a long time...your love for their music kind of goes beyond the music. It's almost like you build a special relationship with them. And when you've been a fan for a really long time, you know what the band was like when they first started out, and you've seen them grow over time. You've seen them develop as muscians, and to me...that's a really special thing to see as a fan.

New fans are basically just hooked on the music, and it doesnt go much farther than that.

Yeah, I know.

I think what I'm trying to say is that new fans, if they are true fans, will keep on liking them. They just need a chance to prove they are going to BE diehard fans, and like the band long enough to be considered "old fans."

I can agree with that. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:11 am
User Image
Don't Know an Underground band D=

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Questing For A Year.. 88k/170K
Got This Far On My Own. Help??.<33
TopDonators.♥
Candied Citrus  14K O: heart
In.Need.Of_Repairs  400g <3

Teh Toasted E m o

Other Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers