Is liking anime a crime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verseus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 am
Peggysan
Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that as long as you are different in anyway from a few person's beliefs, they're gonna trash it and you. I know what it's like to be surrounded by people who hate what you love, and as far as I can tell, trashing (as you put it) is just an immature way to express how you feel about it. Loving anything doesn't make you a loser, but using it to escape reality does. I'm surprised that there are enough non-anime fans on Gaia to trash anime, but I guess I've been spoilt by guilds. What I'm saying is, just ignore the ignorant. Don't care about what they think.

I really agree with you on this one... heck, it is just like any other misunderstanding about any other thing.... Some people hate and malign others because they think they are weird. The same goes for any other things that people might not understand or be able to relate to. And yes, it is a highly immature way of thinking. The only good and permanent solution to this would be respect. For example, some people like yaoi animes. I absolutely not. But then again, I don't go and trash those who like it. I have my own likes, they have theirs, everybody is happy. I just wish that society took that to heart. Too bad it seldom does...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:30 am
Well it depends how into it you are, if you're walking around comparing everyday life with some scene in whatever anime, I agree whole heartily, you're a loser. You've got to draw a line at some point people. . .  

Variability

jiinji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:10 pm
I feel like other peoples opinions can kill your likes or wants. For example, my anime club is at the library, i go to go in and there's this popular/ prep girl ik. She's talking to me and i'm about to go in and she goes "You aren't going in there are you?". I said "Yeah, they got DDR and anime?". She goes " Anime is all oooo, ahhh, oiii, and other crap." I just went ayways, but it made me feel like a loser. I still talk to her, and she doesn't think im a loser but, it just sucked having her say that. I think it all comes down to opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:30 pm
I don't believe liking anime is a crime. I know LOADS of people who like anime but are still, by normal society's codes, "normal and popular". I remember talking about something to a friend who I didn't know liked anime and, at one point in the conversation, anime came up. And, not only did my friend contribute as though we had talked about anime for years and knew each other's interests very well, but also many other people throughout the room contributed.

Anime's only a crime if you rationalize your behavior on watching an anime...sounds so familiar, too...*coughcoughGrandTheftAutocoughcough**  

Da Games Elite

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:02 pm
No more then liking anything else on TV.

People like different things and for whatever reason some people out there feel the need to make fun of people who don't like exactly the same thing as them. Ignore it when they do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:32 am
I believe that as long as it doesn't hurt someone, liking anime is not a crime. biggrin  

Soujee

Kaiaii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 am
It's not a crime. There is nothing wrong with liking what you like. People will say things like that about just about anything.

I think alot of it does come from those anime fans that take it too far. I mean the people that think they can speak Japanese without taking any classes on it, or think they ARE Japanese, or that think they're going to marry an anime character (seriously marry one, not in a joking sense), or the ones that'll flame you just for not liking an anime, character, pairing, etc,.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 pm
wahmbulance If it's a crime... Send me up the river for life.. wahmbulance
xd heart ANIME 4EVA heart xd  

lonewolf007

Distinct Werewolf

10,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

kplate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 pm
I hate people like that buging me about my Anime that I love so much  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:19 pm
I really hate the people who make fun of others cuz they like anime/manga. I think that those who tease others are pitiful...I also think they are deprived because they don't know what a great thing anime is...they will probably never know because they are too stubborn  

darkcrystallynangel

muzuka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:45 am
I dont think watching anime is bad although it does change your maturity level and you should have an open mind. I dont think it matters how badly you obsess with it either.I don't want to be a hypocrite so I'll stop now.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 pm
I can't see how liking anime would be a crime, and like Dariram already said, what's the difference between liking anime and say, liking reality TV shows or soap operas, or any other series?

I do despise it when people say, "You like anime? You mean like Pokemon?", although I haven't heard that recently, most likely due to the spread of anime in the US. So irritating. Oh, and nothing wrong with Pokemon, just equating all anime into Pokemon duplicates.  

Zalantra

Spacebeam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:41 pm
Unless your stealing anime, it's not a crime. The only time I find anime 'dorky' is if someones too obsessed and can't draw a line inbetween anime and life.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:06 pm
I'll NEVER stop likin, no, lovin anime just cuz of what som low lifes thinks. And i don't feel like a loser, i have MANY friends, and out of ALL of them maybe TWO like anime, that's it. So, there's only some people who have nothing better to do and insult others for liking something they don't, so don't listen. ^^ ninja  

JapanFreak320

Sweetie Honey Pie

Kawaii Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:22 pm
anime is ok to like just as long as u dont worship them and act like them and dress like them u can watch anime and try to draw it if u want or even print out pics and sometimes cos play but dont do it every single day i love anime but not worship and am jealous on how they make the drawings so neat and perfect mrgreen  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff