Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Not-so-Great British TV Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:46 am
Marco is a God.

JD should be a government adviser.

Shoot the poof.

That is all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:22 am
I do like Marco Pierre White. Then again that's because I tend to like people who say it like it is.

Jim Davidson has been getting on my nerves, though.. But he won't get voted off because people like to see conflict.

Rikku de Lioncourt

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:37 am
I like him too, hugely so.

He's a bright chap, and he's one of those rare people with an absolute devotion to his art, a sort of heroically single-minded drive for advance. There's something about that approach to life that I find very appealing, very admirable, very impressive indeed. I just don't think I could ever do it myself.

I reply to this about three quarters of the way through this. There don't seem to be many interviews by him up on the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:06 am
Invictus_88
Marco is a God.

JD should be a government adviser.

Shoot the poof.

That is all.

I like Brian! stare
And I would go so far as to say Marco is god of the kitchen but only there.
As for JD and government advisor position... gonk
Change the countries name to Titanic.
Women and children first!
..nope. wait. JD has already thrown over board practically everybody else, apart from the straight white men.
ninja  

Lapinporokoira

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:08 am
Nope. I'm standing my ground.

Shoot the poof.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 pm
Eh, most of the programs on TV are utter rubbish, I don't really watch TV anymore.

The only shows I do watch are Doctor Who, Scrubs, and I did watch Lost before Sky One jacked it. Oh, and I like Desperate Housewives too.

I'm also a little partial to Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. blaugh  

Amata19

Lapinporokoira

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:34 am
Amata19
Eh, most of the programs on TV are utter rubbish, I don't really watch TV anymore.

The only shows I do watch are Doctor Who, Scrubs, and I did watch Lost before Sky One jacked it. Oh, and I like Desperate Housewives too.

I'm also a little partial to Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. blaugh

*In DEEP voice*
...ANT VERSUS DEC...
*various camera angles*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:26 am
I think Barry or Paul will win Hell's Kitchen O_o Though what do they win? Did I miss that part? Or do they just get the satisfaction of having worked in a kitchen for two weeks ? O:

Ant and Dec aren't bad. I quite like them on a Saturday night. I watch that and the X Factor just for laughs, really.

Rikku de Lioncourt

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:05 pm
I know this is about 9 months behind the times, but I just read George Monbiot's response to the Channel 4 documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle, and his correspondence with Hamish Mykura about it:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/03/13/channel-4s-problem-with-science/
http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/04/01/correspondence-with-hamish-mykura/

After reading the correspondence I almost got up in front of my computer to give him a standing ovation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Saw Little Britian last night. Yeah.  

Hrotsvita

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm
I told you.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Things I learned from Casualty tonight:

1: Young girls often cry rape to get their own way.
2: Pregnancy turns women into violent harpies who can't control themselves.
3: And it's OK if they beat their husbands while pregnant, because aforementioned lack of control deprives them of responsibility for their actions.
4: Men should stop their abusive wives/girlfriends from getting abortions because they are hormonal and therefore cannot make up their own minds.

See, this is why I don't watch Casualty.

I used to love Casualty.. we'd sit and watch, trying to guess the bizarre ways they were going to maim, dismember and otherwise disfigure innocent members of the public. It got so they couldn't show people standing at a bus stop without you thinking 'omg, they're going to crash a bus into all those people!' Actually, I think that did happen in one episode...  

Tsunamimom

Snark Maiden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:31 am
Can't say I'm fond of British 'reality' tv, Big Brother, I'm a Celeb, I don't like rubbish like X Factor or Strictly Come Dancing either.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:41 am
Boolean Julian
I know this is about 9 months behind the times, but I just read George Monbiot's response to the Channel 4 documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle, and his correspondence with Hamish Mykura about it:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/03/13/channel-4s-problem-with-science/
http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/04/01/correspondence-with-hamish-mykura/

After reading the correspondence I almost got up in front of my computer to give him a standing ovation.

Oooo, these are good.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out