Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
black wedding Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is it okay to have a black gothic wedding?
  yes
  no
View Results

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:12 pm
User ImageI think you should because it is your special day and you plan it on how you want to. A lot of people have themed weddings so why not have your own theme to it. I want to have a black wedding one day.
User ImageFear the cuteness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:51 am
I plan to. smile

I think black and red roses would be great for my bouque. With my dress I'll have some kind of corsett incorporated somehow, and if I have any sleeves, they -will- be lace.

Also, there will be a lot of candles.

That's as far as I've gotten..  

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

The Canady Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:27 pm
It would be a hell of a lot better than a traditional wedding, in my opinion at least. I can see how it would work for women, but I'm not sure of how to get the look for men. I guess a victorian-themed gothic/black wedding would be the best looking. Actually, the music video I have in my profile (the one already there, waiting for the clicking) could be an inspiration for a Victorian/Gothic Wedding. And yeah, I know it sounds like shamless advertising, but I'm serious. It could work as a get-up for the kind of theme for a guy or woman (seriously, a lot of women look good/hot in a suit 3nodding ).
But that's just me. I hate most traditions as of late, so... yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:36 pm
So our general conclusion is: do whatever the hell you want. Excellent. I think I'm done here....*takes coat, puts on sunglasses, leaves building*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Miss Jetpack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:12 pm
Whatever you look most beautiful in is what you should wear. mrgreen

The all white tradition seems silly to me as well. (especially since no one else wears white but the bride!) I plan on having a red wedding (inspired by the ancient greek tradition of wearing red).

If you wear a black wedding dress it would also be a good idea to have your brides maids in black and ask the guests to do the same. Or you could have a two-color theme if you want everyone else to have a choice. It's up to you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:55 am
GilAskan
I didn't read all of the posts (my computer is a bit touchy lately, and didn't load them all), so this may have already been mentioned-

The "white wedding" concept is really only a little more than 100 years old. Most weddings usually either had a color theme or were in just plain black until the mid-Victorian era, in which upper-society types began wearing white wedding dresses. The style didn't become widely used by the general public until the 1920's.

Given the popularity of Victorian fashion within the goth scene, having an early-Victorian style wedding of all black (or color themed) wouldn't be all too out of place.

hey i was going to say that whee
anyways
it used to be, black for weddings white for funerals.
i've always thought its pretty messed up since now we use white for weddings its kinda like 'its the end of your life (as you know it) here's you new family'
and at the funeral you're kinda free again.
i know, im messed up.  

mechanical kitsy

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:48 pm
Of course. I say do what you like and what you will always remember as being special to you. If having a Gothic wedding would make it special for the person and his/her partner then they should go for it.
If I ever got married, I'd like to have the ceramony in a glade in the woods and have everyone dress up like fantasy creatures and dance around a bonfire. Everyone would sing, eat, dance, and be merry untill we all passed out under the stars and slept till dawn in the grass. That'd be my wedding, and it'd rock.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 am
I don't see why not. If my wife-to-be one day happens to be a pagan, I would love a pagan wedding. Just an all around celebration of nature. Natural colours and such.
Black weddings have never appealed to me. Black is my day to day wear. I wouldn't mind wearing a black tux, but everyone in black? I just think colours would be so much better.  

SADERR

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:52 am
Yes please 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:58 pm
A black wedding is PERFECTLY fine, that's what I would dream of. Your wedding should speak you, no matter anyone elses' opinions, just parents' opinions are usually the hardest to get around.  

Plague Of Nightmares

Sautana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:49 am
There is nothing wrong with a black wedding . Its a Wedding so you can do whatever you want ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 pm
I'm planning on doing a red/black Sahmain wedding myself, with a 'Blood and Roses' theme. Complete with a pentacle on the floor of fake blood (dont want daemons destroying my wedding!) Personally, I've been planning this all my life, and I will only marry once, so I shall do this right, and do this my way... I believe I'm finished here -grabs my trenchcoat and flings it over my shoulder, heels clacking to signal my exit-  

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Sulphuric

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:33 am
If I ever get married (Low probability right there...), I won't have a gothic themed wedding, or a normal one. I'll have a "******** Weddings"-Wedding. The garb will be jeans and t-shirts, and the reception will consist of eating take-out and cheap fridge cake, and playing FPS-games while listening to music that makes nuns cry.
Yeah. Basically, if you couldn't tell from my wedding plans, its your wedding. You can do whatever you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 pm
i want to have a goth-loli wedding

nothing wrong with having a black wedding or a color wedding it whatever.

tisumie

Blessed Entrepreneur

9,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100

XxKitty_of_DeathxX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:52 pm
i think it would be cool it would be very unique i would do it in a way that was incospicuios way because my mom would bite my head off like ozzy and a bat. god but i would find some way to make the wedding my own. oh and i do think that only if it is true you should wear a white dress but if the fact that you have had sex before marrige and are wearing a white dress not only is it lieing but it just not right. i myself dont like traditions certain ones anway i like to make my own  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff