Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

thecentaurspromise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:45 am
Why must they always ruin it with het?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:07 am
Yaoi_cutie
I dunno...there's something about breasts that turns me off. They're just useless pieces of fat that get in the way of hugging and well-written fics.
Oh, and has anyone else noticed how lots of slash fics are deeper than het fics? I suppose it's because people have to do more work to make a non-canon pair plausible...whatever the reason, I'm thankful for it.::

Maybe I don't mind breasts in my fics, but I can say that they are the most annoying things in the world. God, I wish I was flat. They do get in the way of everything. *glares at boobs*

And, I think that it all depends on the fics that you are reading. If you spend more time looking for well-written slash fics than, eventually, you'll find great flash fics. I just kind of look for whatever, as long as Ginny isn't really in it, and if the first paragraph proves to be interesting than I continue on. I've read quite a few really good Lily/James fics with depth and everything. *tear* It was the most beautiful piece of writing... It was called something along the lines of... Bryter Layter or something. No, that's wrong. Bleh, anyway, it was good.

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

Soren Lowrensen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Hur... and I thought I was the only one. XD Obviously not.

Well, I don't HATE het pairings or anything, but the main paring of the fic can't be Harry/Ginny or Harry with anyone but Draco really..... I'm not down with that. I don't mind het side pairings, like Ron/Hermione, and I don't even mind Harry/Ginny in a Harry/Draco fic, but Harry has to love Draco and just be using Ginny as a cover-up or something. XD
I've read a fic that was Harry/Draco, in which Draco was turned into a girl. It was kinda het, but NOT REALLY. It was okay, I liked the way Harry was portrayed but it wasn't an awesome fic or anything.
In fact looking back on it, it was kinda badly written and planned, but the idea was cute enough.

That's irrelevant though!

I think the point is, I can read pretty much any pairing, even het [as long as it's not Harry/Ginny, Harry/Cho, Harry/Luna, Harry/Hermione etc....] if it is well enough written.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:40 pm
Soren Lawrencen

Well, I don't HATE het pairings or anything, but the main paring of the fic can't be Harry/Ginny or Harry with anyone but Draco really..... I'm not down with that. I don't mind het side pairings, like Ron/Hermione, and I don't even mind Harry/Ginny in a Harry/Draco fic, but Harry has to love Draco and just be using Ginny as a cover-up or something. XD
I've read a fic that was Harry/Draco, in which Draco was turned into a girl. It was kinda het, but NOT REALLY. It was okay, I liked the way Harry was portrayed but it wasn't an awesome fic or anything.
In fact looking back on it, it was kinda badly written and planned, but the idea was cute enough.

I think the point is, I can read pretty much any pairing, even het [as long as it's not Harry/Ginny, Harry/Cho, Harry/Luna, Harry/Hermione etc....] if it is well enough written.

*is running around like a madwoman* DOWN WITH GINNY!!!  

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

Soren Lowrensen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:49 pm
Finora Lupin
Soren Lawrencen

XD I must agree with you there! She's really the only Weasley and only female in the series I just CAN'T STAND.
I read a sweet Luna/Ginny femslash once, but Ginny was dead, so I don't know if it counts. But Ginny doesn't belong with boys, like Harry doesn't belong with girls.
Oh, and I also agree with you about how annoying bewbs are. Lordy Lou.
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:30 am
Ginny/AIDS=OTP

I really don't like her.

Though in a way I think she would be kinda cute with Neville (as long as I don't have to read about it) since she's really bold and he's really shy.

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:33 am
External Penetration... I know this is off topic, but dude, you have the best icon in your signature that I have ever seen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:28 am
Soren Lawrencen
Finora Lupin
Soren Lawrencen

XD I must agree with you there! She's really the only Weasley and only female in the series I just CAN'T STAND.
I read a sweet Luna/Ginny femslash once, but Ginny was dead, so I don't know if it counts. But Ginny doesn't belong with boys, like Harry doesn't belong with girls.
Oh, and I also agree with you about how annoying bewbs are. Lordy Lou.
rolleyes

...She's kinda whorish to me  

Androgynous Dusk

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:32 am
I wouldn't say so much that Ginny is a whore, because she's only had... uh... a few boyfriends. And, even if she does seem to go from one boy immediately to another, that is the stereotypical girl kind of thing to do. Well, at least all the girls I knew in public school did that, and a good portion of all the egotistical skanks in high school. I think the reason I don't like Ginny is just because she's not a very well developed character, and JKR is trying to make her a larger part of the story but... it's just not working. You can't take a completely 2-D character and say, "she shall the one of the heroines of the story!" It just doesn't work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:09 am
*joins in the discussion* I'm glad I'm not the only one to react with a gonk when fic warnings include het...not that I have anything against well written het, but I also agree that slash seems to be a bit more thought out then het.

And that would be my two cents.
whee

achaean

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:19 pm
I don't HATE het, Ginny, or (though it hasn't been mentioned in this particular thread) Tonks. I just.....don't. There are times when Ginny and Tonks get on my nerves, but they don't necessarily bother me all the time.
However, like everyone else, I have responded like that to a het fiction before. Usually they just aren't my cup of tea, but honestly there have been times when I just couldn't stand it. I scroll through the list of everything considered unorthodox and even gross (Tenticle rape, slash, rape, henti, slash, ((MPreg is it's own just because I can't stand it!))) and hit het and pause. Then I say "EWWWWWWWWWWW!" and move on to the next description.
Any other pairing with Harry except for Draco bugs me (even Ron...) but in the books I don't mind so much reading Harry/Ginny (But NOT Harry/Cho...or Harry anyone else, for that matter) or Ron/Hermione. (I could maybe stand this as a minor pairing in a mostly slash fic) I don't like Tonks/Remus......but I like Tonks. As a person. A very ALONE, UNPAIRED person. But that's just because it's the books. I don't read het fictions.
I like Fictions much more, yes.......so I'm thinking if at this point since I haven't read the original source in so long I might be like.......ew......Harry and Ginny? Gross! But I'm sure I could still tolerate the Ron/Hermione-ish moments that are in there. Actually, thinking about it now... I'm really glad in the end of book six Harry and Ginny broke up!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:42 am
I don't really mind het, as long as it doesn't involve Harry or Draco, and as long as it accompanies a slash pairing. The only time I usually read it when it's on it's own is if it was written by a friend or something. But really, I don't hate it. In fact, one of my all-time favorite fics has a het pairing in it.

Except almost anything with Ginny. I despise her with a burning, fiery passion.  

Dracavia

Soren Lowrensen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:49 pm
Well, now! I think the consensus is that Ginny sucks! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:18 pm
External Penetration
Ginny/AIDS=OTP

I really don't like her.

Though in a way I think she would be kinda cute with Neville (as long as I don't have to read about it) since she's really bold and he's really shy.

I'm with you.  

Madam Hare

wonkyspoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:35 am
Oh yes, that's definitely happened to me. I can't watch or read anything without pairing up the two male leads.

However, there is one slashtastic thing I can't stomach -- and that's mpreg. gonk It gives me chills. In a bad way.

p.s. I think we can all agree that Ginny sucks and should be annihilated.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff