Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Altd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:51 pm
Play hacky sack in class/rehearsal.

Kick the hackey sack into ceiling , director's office, or an instrument.

Play random things while the band director is helping another section learn their part correctly.

Play the same song hundreds of times over. (our tenor sax is really bad about this)

Play using only your mouthpiece. (works well with saxophones)

Squeek.

Miss your cue. By 5 measures.

Play whatever you're supposed to play on the cue several times until you get it right.

Watch the entire Star Wars trilogy in class.

Make Wookie noises while watching. (actually, our director was the one doing this to annoy us)

Say the lines of the characters before they say them and cheer when you get them right. (one of our percussionists does this)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:15 pm
our band teacher hates it when the students get dismissed early so purposly get your mom or dad to dismiss you and he'll get a bit annoyed.... also purposely mess up during scales and our band teacher takes one of our #2 pencils and brakes 'em...  

Bought Off Ebay

Tisaganshi Kazuki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:29 am
The percussion slow-clap! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:48 am
well... anything even slightly resembling stupidity annoys my BD (ex: "Is our homecoming game a home or away game?" 'ccept the you who asked was SERIOUS, which annoyed said BD even more.. lol)  

Pillilu

Feral Cat

Buki Kansheisha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:25 pm
Remove all tuning slides, head joints, valves, ect. and complain that your horn is broken.
Get up, in the middle of class, and steal tuning slides from people in other sections.
Before class/rehersal claim loudly that you are joing a different section and stand with them, then complain that their music is written wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:14 pm
ok... shocked this hasn't been mention... xd it so much fun. everytime they go to speak, get random people to just play one note. every time they try and start over, do it again. if they get louder, you should too. ( get random people to do it, or the whole band at once, so no one gets blamed by themselves ^_^) annd.... hang on, i had another one... oh yeah, lol, not sure if it works for other BDs though. well, keep making the same ONE mistake every time you play a piece, and when they ask you to write it in, insist that now that they've mentioned it, you'll remember and won't screw up again. continue until they get so fed up that they write it on your music themselves  

xX-Catha-Xx

Appoggiatura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:56 pm
-Constantly play the most annoying notes you can
-Refuse to tune
-Sit with extremely bad posture during band
-Sleep during band
-Find a hill, and try to ride the marimba down said hill
-Insist on cleaning the band room, including everything and everyone in it (even your band director)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:51 pm
We have two BDs and an intern, and the entire band has decided that we like the intern better than the BDs. So wo pay attention when he directs and pull the tunning and such out and slumpand all that when the BDs direct. It annoys the hell out em'. blaugh 3nodding  

Buki Kansheisha

saucemate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:14 pm
(our band did this) for something big... don't know what.. I think we did a parade... he'll inform you on all the info you need... after that... write down a schudule for that has everyone in your band on it... have it so, each person in the band asks the band director something about it... like "what time", or "What do we have to wear"... and make it so it's evenly spaced.. haha, that's so much fun... he goes crazy....

but my band director is really mad at me... we were practicing for the concert... and I was about to play the bass drum part for a song... well one of the younger percussionist forgot the bassdrum stand.. so I had to sit down... well I sat down.. and all of a sudden my band director yelled at me to get up... and I tried to say "Mr. White I just sat down... I can't get up that fast..." but I ended up saying.. "Mr. White I just sat down... I can't get up...." so he yelled at me... and then after all the percussion instruments were moved I saw why we had to move them... A kid in a wheelchair needed to get through.. and at that moment I felt like an a**... cause I never saw why we had to move them... cause I had 240 pounds of beached whale in front of me called "A Bradley".. so my band director takes it upon himself to make me feel worse... and says.. "Percussion, could you be anymore rude???" "You should be glad you can sit down and then stand back up again..." so yeah... yet again I shot myself in the foot... worst possible senario that could have happened... DID.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:36 pm
Make turkey noises while there's silence in a music piece (easy during concert season)

If you play the xylo/marimba, and you get bored, make up random parts. If you get yelled at say you had the sheet music upside down.  

x__CrimsonRegret

Pillilu

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:07 am
trombonist, other brass players, or bari saxists: eat skittles so your spit turns different colours when you empty your spit valves!! WOOT!! nasty but fun!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:28 pm
one thing that really makes my band teacher pissed, is when you play totally wrong. like you play the wrong song entirely. it works!!  

Tink_babe

Belle89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:18 pm
BandGeekGirl
trombonist, other brass players, or bari saxists: eat skittles so your spit turns different colours when you empty your spit valves!! WOOT!! nasty but fun!
Noo!! Red Rot!! *shudders* gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:17 pm
*Play "Ultimate Frizbee in the band hall"

*Practice your ninja wall runs and wall jumping in the bin room (it's the perfect place, I swear)

*Call him "Coach"

*Valve oil + risers = Slip 'N Slide blaugh  

SkaSkaNate

Morapi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:41 am
I don't know if this had been mentioned yet...play last years show over and over...but only the single part you remember so it is even moe annoying  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff