Star Trek Inconsistencies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:04 pm
Ever notice how absolutely nobody ever needs the Bathroom? I would have thought, considering how close some of those battles got, someone would have dropped a load in their pants. And for anyone who owns schematics for a Starship, are there even any Bathrooms Installed?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:02 pm
Takai_desu_yo
Ever notice how absolutely nobody ever needs the Bathroom? I would have thought, considering how close some of those battles got, someone would have dropped a load in their pants. And for anyone who owns schematics for a Starship, are there even any Bathrooms Installed?

I once read a fanfic where they explained it by saying everyone has their bladders surgically removed, and somehow their bodies are altered so they can convert the waste into something useful. "Nobody on this ship has taken a crap in six years."

*snort* xd  

Ginga

todpury

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:53 pm
Takai_desu_yo

Well, they tend to shower enough. Maybe they all do their business in the shower. Or perhaps they all have cathiters.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:11 am
Takai_desu_yo

In one of the Nitpickers Guides,
Phil Farrand noted that there are bathrooms in the blueprints.

In at least one case, we see someone coming out the door where the
bathroom is. He noted that we saw a man and a woman exit the door
in succession.
A friend of mine said "it must divide to a men's and ladies' room from there."  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

todpury

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:47 pm
Oops. Not here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:27 pm
Steel Sterling
Takai_desu_yo

In one of the Nitpickers Guides,
Phil Farrand noted that there are bathrooms in the blueprints.

In at least one case, we see someone coming out the door where the
bathroom is. He noted that we saw a man and a woman exit the door
in succession.
A friend of mine said "it must divide to a men's and ladies' room from there."
No, they have unisex bathrooms in the future! *laughs*  

Rigu Ryu

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:58 pm
Rigu Ryu
Also, if Picard is French, why does he have a British accent? Even his nephew has one!

I always assumed that that was the work of the universal translator and that if we turned down the translator we will hear him talking in French, the same way it would happen with all the alien languages.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:25 pm
Okay, I got a big one.

Voyager's warp core changed color. gonk When the show started, it was sort of this ugly mix between blue and yellow, but somewhere around the 3rd or 2nd season, it changed to the blue.

Do they ever explain why that happened? eek  

Ginga

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:20 pm
I would think you were the one to ask confused

Maybe it changed to that color after Carey took teh dive whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:12 pm
Se Ga Takai

*gasp* You know me too well.

But that happened in the 7th season. confused

Maybe it was when Seven came. I bet that b***h infected the warp core with something. domokun  

Ginga

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:54 am
Ginga
Se Ga Takai

Maybe it was when Seven came. I bet that b***h infected the warp core with something. domokun
Carey? Teh Engineer? He was teh b*****d that helped teh Kazons. And I'm POSITIVE that happened long before teh Seventh season, I remember it happened before the Kazons took over Voyager, because he got in a fight with Neelix in Engineering, and he took a dive off an upper level. Can't remember wether he dived straight into the reactor or not. Think it was somewhere around teh second season...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Se Ga Takai
Ginga
Se Ga Takai

Carey? Teh Engineer? He was teh b*****d that helped teh Kazons. And I'm POSITIVE that happened long before teh Seventh season, I remember it happened before the Kazons took over Voyager, because he got in a fight with Neelix in Engineering, and he took a dive off an upper level. Can't remember wether he dived straight into the reactor or not. Think it was somewhere around teh second season...

No... Jonas helped the Kazon. He died in Investigations, which was indeed in season 2, with the dive off the upper level and into the odd green smokey things. Was that a reactor, lol? Carey died in Friendship One, which was in season 7. surprised

Well, anyway, I answered my own question. I guess when season 1 ended, they decided to change the warp core color as well as the font. razz In Twisted, it's still the ugly color, but in Persistance of Vision or so, it's blue.

I guess it's sentient. It just felt like it shouldn't resemble puke anymore. 3nodding  

Ginga

Curtis25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:52 pm
Ginga
Rigu Ryu
Ginga
Rigu Ryu
In "Generations"- The uniforms of the crew members are different. Some have the colored bar at the top, some have a black bar.

It bothers me. sweatdrop

OMG, I noticed that at the very end when Picard and Riker find the photo album in the wreakage that is his ready room.

I was like, "...wait a minute. What?"
We are nerds. Hooray for us!

Hooray! razz

I really would like an explanation for that, though... confused
this might not be an official explanation , but when any kind of organization changes uniforms there is a transition period. the older uniforms have to be weeded out and it takes some time for uniforms to get destributed.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:14 am
In one of the early star trek next generation episodes Wesley crusher trows a snow ball out of the holodeck and it hits Picard, which is inpossibe as a holographic obnject can't leave the holodeck  

Queen_Stella

Lopan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:25 am
yeah... and in the first episode of TNG, Wesley falls in a river and walks out dripping all over the carpet which, theoretically, shouldn't be possible because the water's only holographic!  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff