Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Multimedia
good books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emobell

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:03 pm
Go Ask Alice BEST.BOOK.EVER.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:59 pm
Dystopian literature sucks. I can't stand it.

That means:

Animal Farm
Brave New World

And stream-of-consciousness also sucks.

That means:

Catcher in the Rye
Crime and Punishment
et al.

-Isel-

Art Payment

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:33 am
Saito_Style
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San

Oh gee what a surprise... nearly everyone has said catcher in the rye, that over rated, mis-interpreted pile of wank.

Anyway, as well as Soul Music and Witches abroad, the rest of the Discworld series. The Dragonlance series, and anything by Rob Grant, along with Nueromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and finnaly the Lensman Chronicles by E. E. "Doc" Smith.

The only Dragonlance books I remember reading were "The Legend of Huma" and "Kaz the Minotaur." I know I read more but I can't recall the names, it was like 7 years ago. Those were good, so I take back what I said.

Catcher in the Rye was one of the worst books I ever read.

I want to read Nueromancer if I get the time and the book.

Catcher in The Rye is awesome whachu talkin about!

Well other good/better books would be like Enders Game or 1984

How was Catcher in the Rye good? If I want to read pointless bitching I'll go on myspace blogs.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:11 pm
You guys have to read Playing in traffic,Vamped,Heavy Metal and You, there all really good books.

I think The Catcher in the Rye is over rated I love to read but not this book I've had it for 30 days and still I'm on like the 4 chapter. I really don't think its all that great of a book. It doen't really suck you in.

King of Methlehem

JeshikaLee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:19 pm
Rellik San

Oh gee what a surprise... nearly everyone has said catcher in the rye, that over rated, mis-interpreted pile of wank.

i liked it... for a book on my school reading list, it was good. a guy gets expelled (again), goes to the city, gets drunk, and considers hiring a hooker. it's good enough for me.

i've got a really long list somewhere, but 2 of my favs are
The Portrait of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Thinner - Stephen King

both are suspense/horror... xd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:43 pm
I read mostly manga, But the Vampire Hunter D and The Twelve Kingdoms are great novel series.  

Kurishii_Chanx3

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:14 pm
JeshikaLee
Rellik San

i liked it... for a book on my school reading list, it was good. a guy gets expelled (again), goes to the city, gets drunk, and considers hiring a hooker. it's good enough for me.

Thinner - Stephen King

See, thank you for liking Oscar Wilde.

I can let the fact that you like Catcher in the Rye go, because you said you also liked The Portrait of Dorian Gray.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:51 am
Harry Potter
Memoirs of a Geisha
Blue Fingers
Star Trek
Eragon
Embrace the Night
Those are some of mai favorites. <3  

RagingFetus v2

Hell-o-Kitty

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:45 pm
My favourite book:
This is All The Pillow Book of Cordelia Kenn By Aidan Chambers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:18 am
JeshikaLee
Rellik San

Thinner - Stephen King

Common misconception, Dorian Gray is actually a parody, it seems very few people outside of the UK seem to get that Wilde was in fact a comedian. Also a lot of people don't realise he did more for gay rights then any organisation like GLAAD.  

Rellik San
Captain

Vaginas For Breakfast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:53 pm
i know this is kinda homo, but...the uglies pretties and specials, and dragonlance...and im too lazy 4 anything else  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:24 pm
smallsafeprice
i know this is kinda homo, but...the uglies pretties and specials, and dragonlance...and im too lazy 4 anything else

You read dragonlance, and your saying your too lazy for anything else?

Or have you only read the chronicles? not the other 200+ books?  

Rellik San
Captain

Tickle Toe Bob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:47 pm
Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse are the most awesome books in the world!! I love them, I definately recommend them if you like romance/vampire!!

Also, Blood and Chocolate was an awesome book!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:35 am
Tickle Toe Bob
Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse are the most awesome books in the world!! I love them, I definately recommend them if you like romance/vampire!!

Also, Blood and Chocolate was an awesome book!!!

Please, those books were poorly written dross designed to play up on the lecherous perversions of teenage girls. Never once do they take into consideration the effects that the characters would have on the entire super natural community.  

Rellik San
Captain

TheTailz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:48 pm
Cirque Du Freak
Vampire Kisses
Luna
Blue Girl

are really good books biggrin

Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items