A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Vocal part. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What vocal part do you sing, (or would you sing)?
Soprano
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Alto
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Tenor
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Baritone
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Bass
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

MusicRockerChickadee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
4laugh 1st and 2nd soprano heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:16 am
I'm an alto, there are to many sopranos in the world and not enough alto's. I'm sorry soprano's but there are just waaaaaay to many of you around. not everyone can have a higher pitched voice.  

Lady_Conspiracy

Lucky Rogue

14,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Married 100

Gretrie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:12 am
hey I'm an 1st and 2nd alto!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:01 am
I can hit notes anywheres between low bass to mid-low alto but generally sing tener ina group  

deathx2xthexmasses

choirnerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:53 am
Lady_Mac
I'm an alto, there are to many sopranos in the world and not enough alto's. I'm sorry soprano's but there are just waaaaaay to many of you around. not everyone can have a higher pitched voice.

i totally agree! i'm a 1st alto. and i love alto parts they rock because they hold the song together. my choir teacher told me if you don't have altos the song falls apart. so the altos are the glue!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:51 pm
Soprano. ^^  

Tsuyumi Riko

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MistressDeNoche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 pm
I'm most comfortable in the soprano 1 range, but I can sing as low as alto 2 easily. I have a wide range. ^^ whee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:04 am
I go anywhere from tener to bass.  

Code Monkey

Madonnafan247

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:38 pm
I'm soprano, but I sing alto also. What's 1 soprano, 2nd soprano, etc?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:04 am
Lady_Mac

I agree! I am a 1st soprano and there are way to many of us around we're a dime a dozen. And unfortunately most of the soprano's in the world only think that they are soprano's and should be singing alto.

There's nothing worse than trying to sing Handel's Messiah with a bunch of wannabe soprano's. :;shivers at the memory;:  

PrincessDagger017

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:08 pm
I have a huge range. I can sing from tenor I to soprano I. I mostly get stuck on alto II. I'd prefer to be singing either tenor or soprano II though. Tenor lines are more interesting than the alto lines in most pieces, and I like how my upper range feels. Singing alto feels like a ripoff in both respects, but at least I get to sing.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:12 pm
Madonnafan247
I'm soprano, but I sing alto also. What's 1 soprano, 2nd soprano, etc?

1st and 2nd soprano, alto, or tenor, or alto I, tenor II etc. refers to whether you go up or down when there's divisi in your voice part. For example, when the alto line splits and there's two parts within the alto section, I sing the lower part because my conductor has asked me to sing alto II this semester. It works the same for soprano and tenor. When the bass line splits, the baritones take the upper part.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Agent Tonks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:28 pm
In choir, in like 8th grade I was a Soprano....I guess I still am smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:59 pm
I sing a 2nd Soprano and Alto, but I can also hit some of the tenor lines. But on an extremely rare time, I hit one of the REALLY high Soprano 1 notes. Its crazy  

aleina1

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm
im a soprano 1 bordering on falsetto and weird thing i sing very high but when i talk i sound like a bass or baritone. my mom and sister and a few of my friends think i sound like a man  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff