Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

General VonCarstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:47 am
on page 1 i tell about some of my mutant conversions if youre interested.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:39 am
I'm planning on converting my Defiler with a Hellcannon for it's Battle Cannon. I figure I'd mount it on it's back and have it crouched down in a firing position. It's an expensive conversion. . . and I want three in my army blaugh  

Daemonmaster

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:07 pm
NEW!
Plastic Pre-Heresy Peoples!
Yes, a good idea and allitteration at the same time - These PPP would be made from conversions of existing parts and the prototypes moulded from platic, plasticard and greenstuff. They would be used to cast several moulds - one for each of the 8 MK's in armor, and then some sprues for hands and suchlike.
Then comes the process of producing plastics. By metling down the sprue (runner, tree, whatever you call it) that models are attatched to as well as any bitz I have no plans for, I can produce prototypes of each sprue for free, and give them out as an advert!
The actual production batch available for sale will be comprised of some form of resin.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:37 pm
new space marine codex is miiiine...*drools in anticipation*  

General VonCarstein

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:28 pm
General VonCarstein
new space marine codex is miiiine...*drools in anticipation*
new space marine codex is ouuuuut. ~points to copy sitting on side~ ...This is why England is fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:32 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
NEW!
Plastic Pre-Heresy Peoples!
Yes, a good idea and allitteration at the same time - These PPP would be made from conversions of existing parts and the prototypes moulded from platic, plasticard and greenstuff. They would be used to cast several moulds - one for each of the 8 MK's in armor, and then some sprues for hands and suchlike.
Then comes the process of producing plastics. By metling down the sprue (runner, tree, whatever you call it) that models are attatched to as well as any bitz I have no plans for, I can produce prototypes of each sprue for free, and give them out as an advert!
The actual production batch available for sale will be comprised of some form of resin.

Geh, be careful. Even if its based off (and not direct dupes of) GW models, you could easily run afoul of GW's legal horrors. Just mentioning "GS casting" will get someone banned from the Bolter & Chainsword (because GW threatened to shut them down if they didn't stop discussing it). I'd rather not see this guild be shut down...  

darth603

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:56 pm
pft. It's called supply and demand - GW, if you're reading this - take note.
WE WANT ALL 8 MARKS OF MARINE ARMOR IN PLASTIC SO WE CAN POSE THEM.

If they don't supply it, I will. Plus it'll be all hush-hush dealings. like "want some mark fours? meet me round the back in ten minutes"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:15 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
pft. It's called supply and demand - GW, if you're reading this - take note.
WE WANT ALL 8 MARKS OF MARINE ARMOR IN PLASTIC SO WE CAN POSE THEM.

If they don't supply it, I will. Plus it'll be all hush-hush dealings. like "want some mark fours? meet me round the back in ten minutes"

The reason they don't supply all marks is because they discountiued them. And besides, it isn't that hard to convert the new mks to what you want them to look like. A lot of information in Black Gobbo and White Dwarf is available for converting models.

Also, GW is VERY strict about their copyright laws, my friend got a letter from ttheir lawyers for posting too much information on units.

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:16 pm
I'd send them a free box of mark two's and tell them to hush up. Plus I wouldn't claim they were GW models.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:13 pm
Somehow i dont think this guild is big enough to attract attention from GW (If/when it is, then i will truly be proud) but if it does, i can handle it, and prevent that kind of post from appearing here under penalty of ban. However, since GW doesnt care about us yet, post about it all you like! blaugh  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Daemonmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:04 pm
DarkElf27
Somehow i dont think this guild is big enough to attract attention from GW (If/when it is, then i will truly be proud) but if it does, i can handle it, and prevent that kind of post from appearing here under penalty of ban. However, since GW doesnt care about us yet, post about it all you like! blaugh

I doubt there's anything they can do about it anyway. I can't figure out how they got Bolter and Chainsword to stop it. Anonomous posting on a random message board doesn't seem like it should be illegal. Of course, if it wasn't, then anyone could post whole books or something. . . which you can get anyway with enough searching. I seriously wouldn't worry about it.

Cagalli Yura Attha
I'd send them a free box of mark two's and tell them to hush up. Plus I wouldn't claim they were GW models.

If they do come round bitchin', just make sure you don't use any GW parts to make your models. Use different plastic, use different green stuff, and call them something different. They can pin you on anything. . . even the bases.

I think I'd use the older marks for Chaos Marines. Makes more sense to me. . . . I'd use the newer bolters though. I don't like the older ones at all.

Edit: And no beakies! God, I hate the beak marines.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:08 pm
the older maximus armor or whatever it was actually is a decent style of beaky. 3nodding better than the mk6 beaky.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

General VonCarstein

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:15 pm
the new rules are pimp, i got my copy of the SM codex today, and i'm re-typing my army list as i speak...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:42 pm
Daemonmaster
DarkElf27

I doubt there's anything they can do about it anyway. I can't figure out how they got Bolter and Chainsword to stop it. Anonomous posting on a random message board doesn't seem like it should be illegal. Of course, if it wasn't, then anyone could post whole books or something. . . which you can get anyway with enough searching. I seriously wouldn't worry about it.

Cagalli Yura Attha

If they do come round bitchin', just make sure you don't use any GW parts to make your models. Use different plastic, use different green stuff, and call them something different. They can pin you on anything. . . even the bases.

I think I'd use the older marks for Chaos Marines. Makes more sense to me. . . . I'd use the newer bolters though. I don't like the older ones at all.

Edit: And no beakies! God, I hate the beak marines.
HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE BEAK MARINES!!!! VANCE SHALL HAVE YOUR HEAD!!!!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Ticklish_Boi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:09 pm
well i added a small crab pincer to an ork to make him a chaos ork..looked pretty funny at first....clobbered many imperial guardsmen too!  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff