Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Raymond E Feist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LotesseElf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 am
Yes, Raymond E. Feist is indeed a master with words. He is one of those that get you involved in action at the very beginning and doesn't let you go till you don't finish the entire saga. He is good. *nods approvingly*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:50 pm
I do like Raymond E. Feist. In fact, I'm reading his Magician: Master curently. So far it's pretty good, a lot more involved than the previous book, I think. I may read Silverthorn after I finish this one, but I may take a break and start reading the Erevis Cale trilogy like I've been wanting to.  

masterofswords28

haelia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:17 pm
YAY!!

sorry, i am soo glad to find people who love feist too!!!

lol
I have read all of the Riftwar saga, and am on the last book (Mistress of the Empire) right now. like the last five chapters i think. or less. idk... not sure.
after i read the riftwar saga, i tried reading his newer series (the serpentine wars i believe) and i couldn't bring myself to continue when i noticed that the only character in this series from the older one was Calis the elf-valhuru-human hybrid. i loved calis!!

while i am on the subject of well loved characters, My favorite, by far, was Jimmy the Hand. Theif turned squire turned duke (of rilianon) turned perfect lover of another well loved character's daugher: Gamina. i liked her too.

i think that my favorite book so far has been silverthorn, due to the fact that i like both arutha and jimmy, and it has a very interesting plot.
i also love the the empire series, mara's like, awesome!!! i feel so sorry for her, loosing ayaki and still birthing that baby... *tears* i really did cry.. shhhh

im at the point where the black robes are debating on what to do... Gosh it'd be cool if Justin's put on the throne....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:31 pm
His books were some of my very first few of major fantasy novels. He's also the author that got me totally obsessed with elves. *grins* I need to go get my own copies so I can finally put my dad's back on his shelf. *sweatdrop*  

Marsel_lilas

haelia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:47 pm
Marsel_lilas
His books were some of my very first few of major fantasy novels. He's also the author that got me totally obsessed with elves. *grins* I need to go get my own copies so I can finally put my dad's back on his shelf. *sweatdrop*

my step dad got tired of me taking his, so he bought me the whole set of the rift war for christmas last year. and my daddy bought me the empire series...

awesome books!!

and he got me into loving elves too!!

i talked my boyfriend into reading the riftwar saga (i have to read a pratchett book for every book he reads was the deal) and i am hoping to get him to like elves too, he really despises them actually. says they're gay. made me very angry evil ggrrr!!!!
lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:23 pm
Oh tht's evil. Elves rock! I would so totally wish to be born an elf. Most of the characters I protray myself as in my stories are elves or half elves.  

Marsel_lilas

haelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:22 pm
awesome!
he is sorta coming around to the elves in fiest's stories though, he says they are less of the pretty boy pansies like in lord of the rings.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:42 pm
I can totally see where he was coming from though on Tolkkein's pretty boy elves...I'd have to agree, but not in a bad way...but at least you guy is coming around!!!  

Marsel_lilas

haelia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:57 pm
im glad, but now he's debating me on weather or not the mordhel are evil.
i'd like to know your opinion to see if i can throw in his face that someone agrees with me...

lol
plus, fiest's string wasn't on the first page anymore, so i had to post a comment and fix that!! lol  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff