Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why is HE seme?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like it when semes and ukes switch places?
  Yeah, I think it's hot.
  No! Seme is seme and uke is uke, and that's the way it should always be.
  I don't really care...
View Results

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm
I agree a lot with what you say here...

~Riyu Umi Renku~
Personally, I am gay. I can be Uke and Seme and believe me. Good relationships you share equality in everything you do. Liek I might want to be catcher, or maybe I might feel another night to you know be a little bit for dominant. I see it as a fair share kind of thing, and hey! Bottom is power. You can't ave a relationship of rape. If you are on the bottoma dn you say no! Then the top guy is ********. So anyhow excuse the language but yeah...

The bottom definately has power. The top can make his intentions known or try to initiate things, but there isn't going to be a believable relationship if the bottom is unwilling and he forces it. He might as well keep his mouth shut and wait until the less dominate one in the relationship expresses interest.

~Riyu Umi Renku~
I agree, I'd rather see some men on top while another takes it, but I see no reason why they cannot Switch. Personally I love Duo as Seme. He's so sexy but then again I love him as Uke too. I think that either way they are good. Personally I hate Ron Weasley fics, but I love Lupin and Black. I also like Snape and James a little and Lucious and snape. In each one it's an equal trade. I think it's how it should be. not set in stone, becasue after awhile of that. Things fall to pieces.

I agree with Sheard though on Malfoy. He'd the best though I think in pupblic he could be a bit more flirtacious while harry has a more less confidentheir making ti seem like Draco is in control in some ways without him opening to Seme Qualities. I think he likes it both ways as does Harry.

I think the reason why Ron Weasley is so bad in fics is because as I said in my prior post is that he acts 100% uke to girls. Having Ron being gay in a story just is not believable unless it's some story where he's hot for Harry but dating girls anyway due to pressure to behave in a manner that is expected of him. Even then, it's not going to be an enjoyable story to read.

I think part of what makes Harry/Draco so great is because it fits to easily into the canon. In the books, they're already fighting like that couple that likes each other but doesn't want to admit it. They also obsess a lot about each other and what the other is doing.... If only JRK would have let the two get past denial.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:12 pm
Even though when I read it doesn't matter it does get on my nerves!!! I just dont thimk a cute guy can be a seme to a sexy guy...age doesn't matter but personality and size does to me!!! ahhh like a seme who is 5'2" and a uke who is 5'6"...wrong!!! sweatdrop  

Kozi_22

N e v i n n o s t

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:47 pm
I'd have to say that it all depends on the author... I mean sometimes I write gundam wing fanfics in which wufei and heero are a couple. I put wufei on top. and I read another fanfic that has wufei as bottom. I mainly stick to things like height and personality. If the person doesn't have the strength (inner of course) to be seme then they shouldn't be put in that position... I know this from experience sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:52 pm
well I'm gay and short... but deep down I know Im uke. Curse you shortness!! I'm only 5'3. crying  

Xechiel

Artemisia Moonchild

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:55 pm
Depending on the couple, they can switch off; I still tend to prefer one to be mostly seme/mostly uke though.

Yes, I suppose in RL couples tend to switch off more often than not. But I'm reading about fictional characters, so I stick them where I stick them and prefer for them to stay there. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:12 pm
I have a problem with Axel as a seme, he such a puppy xD Roxas has the seme attitude.
and I hate Ed an uke DD:
Short people can be semes too.

Seme Prince Arion

_LLexAxeLL_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:07 am
Seme Prince Arion
I have a problem with Axel as a seme, he such a puppy xD Roxas has the seme attitude.
and I hate Ed an uke DD:

Haha. Yea, I've always thought of that.. I mean, Roxas is always serious and all.. You'd think he's the seme.. But, I think of him as being the uke and Axel the seme.. xP

Oh.. And.. Tai and Matt.. xP I don't know who's the seme or uke..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:26 am
I always want Naruto to be the Seme in SasuNaru, but I hardly ever see it!  

thatdrncat

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:26 pm
No its a peeve of mine, one is a seme and one is a uke, i dont even think that if 2 sekes got it on the would switch, the one that is most seme would be seme and the one most uke uke!

Kouya and Tamaki? no wonder you want them to switch >>;; i sense NO uke or semeness within them whatso ever.

only if its like to ukes getting it on or 2 semes getting it on they would switch, like Wolfram and Yuuri both two ukes so they would switch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:28 pm
_LLexAxeLL_
Seme Prince Arion
and I hate Ed an uke DD:

Haha. Yea, I've always thought of that.. I mean, Roxas is always serious and all.. You'd think he's the seme.. But, I think of him as being the uke and Axel the seme.. xP

Oh.. And.. Tai and Matt.. xP I don't know who's the seme or uke..

I hate Ed uke to as for Matt and Tai uke and seme thing Matt seme hands down, he may of been uke like at the begining when all depressed and stuff but after that he is seme, with Tai anyway.

Matt could be a uke with somebody eles like maybe.. Jou? maybe -_-;; but yea.. he aint exactly got 100 per cent seme personality eithier really.

but with Tai i think he would be seme X3

as for Axel and Roxa's i never played it but i think that Roxa's would be uke and Axel seme, there can be times when the uke is agnsty and the seme cheerful, i read this yoai manga once and it was like that X3

it just depends really, i will come back to this thread later on when i gotten that far into the manga and then put down who would be uke and seme, after all i cant tell unless i seen it for my own eyes.

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100

GojakInucrawler

Aged Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:38 pm
I don't mind it when ukes and semes switch places. To me, when a seme becomes a uke for his uke, it shows that he loves him. Well . . . most of the time . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:25 pm
I think just about any pairing could switch from time to time agian!.. thats what makes them hotter!!  

slideshowgirl

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:06 pm
GojakInucrawler
I don't mind it when ukes and semes switch places. To me, when a seme becomes a uke for his uke, it shows that he loves him. Well . . . most of the time . . .

mm true but it dont seem that way with Soubi D:

he wants to be ''controlled'' and ''done up the ...'' he SO needs to get over the whole uke thing -_-;;; he cant be uke all the time, if he wants to be controlled then he can go flying off back to eithier Ritsu or Seimeic (even if it would be really bad if he went back to Seimei.)

but yea i know what you mean i think kaworu from EVA is that kind of seme ^^ i suspect Ed is that kind of seme to with Al anyway theird be NO WAY he'd let Mustang be a seme he and Roy be fighting over who is seme and who is uke. -_-;;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:50 am
To me it's DBZ yoai. Why do most people consider Vegeta a seme. It doesn't make sence in my head.

If you watch DBZ a lot you know that sayains are a dominating race, where the strongest are kings and royal or high class and the less powerful ones are lower.

Goku is WAY stronger than him so he is seme. And honestly, goku may act innocent but do you really think all he did in the other world for 7 years was fight?

And to me vegeta acts more like the Uke anyways. He's explosive and throws tantrums and cries in battle. Goku on the other hand is more collected, even if he is goofy, he's also very dominating, generally in things like battle and what not. He's also charismatic and has that likable factor, while vegeta is grumpy and is always told off in a way by Goku. Which usually leads to fights where Goku shows dominance. Goku's charisma and strength makes him like the alpha male. Even if Vegeta was raised to be a prince he was brought up in freeza's ship where he was constantly ruled by someone so giving him that alpha male complex.

And if you think back to the ways sayains are generally and what they value which is power. Vegeta knows this and so i think he would stick to this and Goku being stronger than him he would understand this situation. And like in the Buu saga he accepts that Goku is stronger than him and i a way accpets he's alpha male.

So to me. Vegeta is an Uke and Goku is a Seme. And thats how i like it and thats that.

I don't mind the switch once in a while, but i prefer Uke Veggie and Seme Goku.

And aslo the people who like Seme vegeta are usually really mean and like to lash out at the Uke Vegeta people.

Which i don't understand sweatdrop

I hate the stories that make Vegeta act all girly and weak, even if i like him being the uke, it doesn't mean he needs to change the way he is. *shakes fist*
If anyone wants to read my Uke Vegeta seme Goku fanfic here is the Link:

My fanfic!  

rane the mundane

Oshaberiya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:07 pm
I think it depends on the pairing. On one hand, there are the couples that could go either way with both partners having seme and uke qualities. On the other hand, there are the couples that are just 'He is seme, he is uke, END OF STORY.' I like them all, though sweatdrop  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff