Reply SCA Guild
Personas, etc. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:42 am
Well, I kinda make this up as I go along, but This is what I have concrete.

Sigurd Schwarzfaust of the Early 13th century.
born of Northern Germany-herein heavily influenced by the norse, yet still..."Civilised" lol  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:37 pm
Commissar Russ
Well, I kinda make this up as I go along, but This is what I have concrete.

Sigurd Schwarzfaust of the Early 13th century.
born of Northern Germany-herein heavily influenced by the norse, yet still..."Civilised" lol
And I'm Almut Schwarzfaust of the same area and era.

Hi colt heart  

The Abortionater

Abyssal Hamster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:03 pm
Name: Aethelwulf
DOB: 1243
Bio- too lazy to make one yet
Coat of arms- Unsure, Most likly black with red as colors though(black as a metal)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:25 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:47 am
Anyone have any tips for me that might improve my persona? Any faux paus spotted?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:04 pm
Well, I finally got my Moleskine back (and am I relieved, oh yes) and I finally have my persona notes in. Never you mind about my swatch of Calontir isn't claimed. I've got bigger fish to fry.

So, this is what I have.

And before I start, let me mention that this is the Cliff's version of the twelve and a half pages of really tiny writing.

Mundane: R. Marie/Dragostae

Persona: Either Aemiliana OR Constantia Kaloethes
Original location: Constantinople, born 543 AD/CE

Daughter of silk traders, her father of Greek heritage, her mother Armenian, in Constantinople, grew up in the middle class, being too rich to be poor and in the wrong social strata to be nobility, but she did recieve an education, while not common, was not frowned upon. Only five years after Justinian's death, struggled with day-to-day living, after all, the Empire's gone bankrupt, and let's face it, no one's really wanting to trade silk in Constantinople, as the Lombards and Slavs have started to gobble up the outlying reaches of the Roman Empire.

It was then that I decided to pack up and leave, heading off for the relative safety of Calontir, where I could settle, and find a husband. I picked a small, close-knit community where I was free to be but close enough to civilisation to be in reach of a living.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Veevee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:18 am
So far, I've got my personna down to being a scotsman. Thats it. I've been doing name research and I just can't find the one that I like best. I'll find it eventually, I just hope its before the next Warriors and Warlords.

oh, and Rosemary o Mordha does indeed sound best.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:12 am
I'm not quite sure about this and I need help.
was it some sort of viking/norse/anglo-saxon group that assigned surnames as adjectives such as

Heagr Foeflattener
Karl Redbeard
Sven Ironfist
Olaf Dragonseeker

you know, things like that.  

Red Zomby

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:17 pm
Umm...well I don't have my persona set up yet, but I'm working on it. I know I want to be from France, in somewhat late-period. I think I have my first name narrowed down to Collete, Nicole or Danielle, but my surname I'm having trouble with. I want it to be "le Magne," from Charlemagne (Charles le Magne) as I have proof that I am decended from him, however I wonder if it would be inappropriate, as le Magne translates as "the great." Opinions?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:24 pm
keetabirdy
Umm...well I don't have my persona set up yet, but I'm working on it. I know I want to be from France, in somewhat late-period. I think I have my first name narrowed down to Collete, Nicole or Danielle, but my surname I'm having trouble with. I want it to be "le Magne," from Charlemagne (Charles le Magne) as I have proof that I am decended from him, however I wonder if it would be inappropriate, as le Magne translates as "the great." Opinions?

well generally surnames that infer status are frowned upon as official names, but i don't know if "the great" really counts.... you might want to check with a herald on that. also, even though you're decended from him, you have to make sure your name isn't of a person who actually existed, or else you won't be able to pass it. good luck! mrgreen

oh, and that's really cool that you're a Charlemagne decentant!!  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:38 pm
littlegreengirl
keetabirdy
Umm...well I don't have my persona set up yet, but I'm working on it. I know I want to be from France, in somewhat late-period. I think I have my first name narrowed down to Colette, Nicole or Danielle, but my surname I'm having trouble with. I want it to be "le Magne," from Charlemagne (Charles le Magne) as I have proof that I am decended from him, however I wonder if it would be inappropriate, as le Magne translates as "the great." Opinions?

well generally surnames that infer status are frowned upon as official names, but i don't know if "the great" really counts.... you might want to check with a herald on that. also, even though you're decended from him, you have to make sure your name isn't of a person who actually existed, or else you won't be able to pass it. good luck! mrgreen

oh, and that's really cool that you're a Charlemagne decentant!!
You mean I have to make sure that there never was a Colette, Nicole or Danielle le Magne?

Yeah I think its spiffy too ^_^ My Grandpa actually had someone that traces back ancestories go back and do the whole lineage x_X  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:47 pm
keetabirdy
You mean I have to make sure that there never was a Colette, Nicole or Danielle le Magne?

Yeah I think its spiffy too ^_^ My Grandpa actually had someone that traces back ancestories go back and do the whole lineage x_X

well, since it's a famous family, it shouldn't be too difficult... just run the combos in a search engine. (if there are matches after 1600 though, it won't matter...)  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:52 pm
*nods* It didn't bring anything up in a google search. I really need to talk to His Excellency though to make sure its ok...the problem is I haven't seen him since August so I can go over possibilities with him...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:06 am
littlegreengirl
keetabirdy

well, since it's a famous family, it shouldn't be too difficult... just run the combos in a search engine. (if there are matches after 1600 though, it won't matter...)

And here I am, struggling with my inner Scot (I'm related to Mary Stuart. Among other people. My great-grandmother did the research.). Just be glad I went with Byzantine, and not Scots/Irish/Gael.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Mage Coleman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:31 pm
I'm brand new to the SCA and still working on my personna. If someone could critique what I have and give me some suggestions, that'd be great!

My Personna:

My name is Alessandra Isabetta Sabatella. I was born in the Northern Mountains of Mantova, Italy to a wealthy merchant and falconer by the name of Fredericko. I have one older brother, by the name of Paulo. My mother's name is Isabetta. I occupy my days with sewing and embroidery.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff