Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~The Labels Sticky~ [Under Construction] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadowfire7157

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:47 am
Spartan43736
I think that i qualify to the Goth culture ninja

Me too razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:36 pm
ya i dont think you right though  

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Ming Chen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:22 am
-Being an avid fan of goth-rock and related genres (deathrock, darkwave, psychobilly, etc.)
-Having an active interest in or support of the goth culture
-Wearing DIY clothes
-Wearing thrift-store clothes
-Wearing dark but warm colors
-Wearing any of the numerous fashion styles developed in and associated with the goth culture (cyber-goth, romantigoth, gothic lolita, classic-goth, etc.)
-Wearing ornate antique-style jewelry, typically made of silver
-Wearing victorian or cabaret influenced fashion
-Having a strong interest in philosophy (particularly existentiallism and romanticism)
-Having a natural inclination to learn
-Having a fondness of books and poetry
-Having an artistic inclination or appreciation
-Enjoying going to theaters, art shows, and museums
-Appreciating sarcasm, satire, parody, or other forms of implied humor
-Having interest in the concepts of contrast (good and evil, light and dark, etc.)

-Appreciating sensual pleaures (scented candles, the touch of velvet, etc.; pleasing, refined stimulation of the senses)
-An active interest in politics, religion, and the morality behind either
-Being socially liberal but politically conservative (i.e. libertarianism, capitalism)
-Being religiously experimental (studying and practicing multiple religions)
-Having moderate takes on opinions
-Disliking small-talk, prefering serious conversation
-Are willing to hear and accept the viewpoints of others

ninja I don't seem to fit under any of the said goth catagories... ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:07 pm
._P A N D A C H A N_.
-Being an avid fan of goth-rock and related genres (deathrock, darkwave, psychobilly, etc.)
-Having an active interest in or support of the goth culture
-Wearing DIY clothes
-Wearing thrift-store clothes
-Wearing dark but warm colors
-Wearing any of the numerous fashion styles developed in and associated with the goth culture (cyber-goth, romantigoth, gothic lolita, classic-goth, etc.)
-Wearing ornate antique-style jewelry, typically made of silver
-Wearing victorian or cabaret influenced fashion
-Having a strong interest in philosophy (particularly existentiallism and romanticism)
-Having a natural inclination to learn
-Having a fondness of books and poetry
-Having an artistic inclination or appreciation
-Enjoying going to theaters, art shows, and museums
-Appreciating sarcasm, satire, parody, or other forms of implied humor
-Having interest in the concepts of contrast (good and evil, light and dark, etc.)

-Appreciating sensual pleaures (scented candles, the touch of velvet, etc.; pleasing, refined stimulation of the senses)
-An active interest in politics, religion, and the morality behind either
-Being socially liberal but politically conservative (i.e. libertarianism, capitalism)
-Being religiously experimental (studying and practicing multiple religions)
-Having moderate takes on opinions
-Disliking small-talk, prefering serious conversation
-Are willing to hear and accept the viewpoints of others

ninja I don't seem to fit under any of the said goth catagories... ninja

You don't have to.

Those aren't "goth categories". They just happen to be subcultures and cross-over cultures with goth. You don't have to be part of one. Most goths aren't.

Also, the traits listed (which you copied) don't act as a "goth check list". They're common traits amongst goths, but they're not essentially what "makes someone goth".  

GilAskan
Crew

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:19 pm
dont you people understand yet just because that is what is written doesnt mean that if you fall under some of the stuff you are goth and that doesnt mean that just because you dont fall under any of it you arent goth i mean holly crap he has only said it like what 12 times now  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:38 pm
ROMANTIGOTHS UNITE!

Grave Robin

Dapper Explorer

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:28 am
KuroHono09
dont you people understand yet just because that is what is written doesnt mean that if you fall under some of the stuff you are goth and that doesnt mean that just because you dont fall under any of it you arent goth i mean holly crap he has only said it like what 12 times now

I highly, highly doubt that 100% of readers will ever get it, unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:22 am
GilAskan
KuroHono09

It's because most people who claim to be goth feel they need to conform to some sort of mold.

They claim they're individuals, yet hold odd standards for which they and others must meet to be considered part of the subculture.

It's a disgusting oxymoron.

User Image

MortSanglant

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:02 pm
Wow, now where did you get this information again? That's interesting to read. I really don't think people understand that goth is not about being a certain type of person, I will agree...but really there isn't much to change that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:23 pm
MortSanglant
GilAskan
KuroHono09

It's because most people who claim to be goth feel they need to conform to some sort of mold.

They claim they're individuals, yet hold odd standards for which they and others must meet to be considered part of the subculture.

It's a disgusting oxymoron.

User Image

I don't think it's a matter of trying to conform to a mold, so much as it's a need to legitimize or justify their presence in the goth community.  

GilAskan
Crew

Sorinchako

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:22 pm
Heh, I fit under almost everything on this list, but then so does my MOM! She is definitely not Gothic, although she does push me to be more myself. Style wise anyway. Who ever made this list had a lot of time on their hands.

Either way, I'm goth, mom's not, but we both fit. Weird...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:19 am
Sorinchako
Heh, I fit under almost everything on this list, but then so does my MOM! She is definitely not Gothic, although she does push me to be more myself. Style wise anyway. Who ever made this list had a lot of time on their hands.

Either way, I'm goth, mom's not, but we both fit. Weird...

I've already said this like 20 times...

IT IS NOT A "GOTH LIST".

It is a list of traits that goths commonly share. It is not a list of things that makes someone a goth.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:47 pm
GilAskan
KuroHono09

Well, at least it seems like... 4% who have gotten the message clearly?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:46 am
IY_and_MCR
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
KuroHono09

Well, at least it seems like... 4% who have gotten the message clearly?

If my experiance moderating at The Yaoi Guild as tought me anything, it's that if one person an actualy grasp a point more complex than "THAT SUX!!1! LOLOLOLOL" you're doing a good job.

Seems to be the case with any large internet board (with a few exceptions to the rule).  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas