Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The School Codes Are Rediculous. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:03 pm
Willie-John[Abomination]
my view for this is..fight for your right..

...TOO PAAAAAARRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Sorry couldn't resist.

But as it goes, you're absolutely right, if theres nothing against how you have make up in the rules, there is nothing they can do to make you change it, legally, they can't even bring it up as an issue.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:12 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Every school has its ******** ups for lack of a better word

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:36 pm
Rellik San
Willie-John[Abomination]
my view for this is..fight for your right..

...TOO PAAAAAARRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Sorry couldn't resist.

But as it goes, you're absolutely right, if theres nothing against how you have make up in the rules, there is nothing they can do to make you change it, legally, they can't even bring it up as an issue.

They can however suspend you for insubordination.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:45 am
[.Mini-Bat.]

I've been written up for 'encouraging suicide'.
For God's sake it was a Mushroomhead shirt.
A bloody Mushroomhead shirt, but a Mushroomhead shirt nonetheless.

My reaction "How in the bloody batling ******** is this encouraging suicide?"
"It's bloody and gothic. Gothic people encourage suicide."

I don't know what disturbs me more about this... randomly associating suicide with gothdom, or the idea that you can somehow use your OMG Teh Evul! wardrobe to 'encourage' normal, healthy schoolmates to do it. Do they really think a t-shirt's going to inspire instant depression? That's about as stupid as saying that watching two guys kiss will turn you gay.  

Veruniel
Crew

Nero PsyKoTiX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:48 am
Veruniel
[.Mini-Bat.]

I've been written up for 'encouraging suicide'.
For God's sake it was a Mushroomhead shirt.
A bloody Mushroomhead shirt, but a Mushroomhead shirt nonetheless.

My reaction "How in the bloody batling ******** is this encouraging suicide?"
"It's bloody and gothic. Gothic people encourage suicide."

I don't know what disturbs me more about this... randomly associating suicide with gothdom, or the idea that you can somehow use your OMG Teh Evul! wardrobe to 'encourage' normal, healthy schoolmates to do it. Do they really think a t-shirt's going to inspire instant depression? That's about as stupid as saying that watching two guys kiss will turn you gay.

Eh. It wasn't all bad. That just gave me fuel for the arguement that the guy is a bigger retard than all of the ESE students combined and multiplied by the dozen.
I got to laughing at him afterwards, and I kept the shirt on(I'm not authority's b***h), so it was actually rather fun.

The only thing that really angered me was the stereotyping.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:35 am
Y'know, I've never understood school codes. I can see how really tarty clothes would be a distraction, but most schools take restrictions too far.

My school went a step further, though. We had uniforms. I hated it and I felt like it was stifling our personal expression, but I wouldn't have minded so much if the uniforms were comfortable. Tips for twits: tropical climate + heavy clothes made out of polyester = more chafing than you'd ********.  

Veruniel
Crew

Nero PsyKoTiX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:20 am
Veruniel
Y'know, I've never understood school codes. I can see how really tarty clothes would be a distraction, but most schools take restrictions too far.

My school went a step further, though. We had uniforms. I hated it and I felt like it was stifling our personal expression, but I wouldn't have minded so much if the uniforms were comfortable. Tips for twits: tropical climate + heavy clothes made out of polyester = more chafing than you'd ******** class="clear">

We have uniforms in our school as well, but it's only the shirt. Yeah, South Florida climate+polo shirts is not good.

I don't mind it so much though. Most of my shirts are cotton button-down black long-sleeve shirts(our school colors are black and orange, and according to the vices, button-down shirts are okay), which are surprisingly very comfortable in the usual Miami heat. If anything I could simply open the shirt up(I usually wear a band tee underneath).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 pm
My school has a lot of bogus rules as well, but somehow I am not subject to many of them mrgreen . The school picks and chooses who they punish for trivial things like that. There are a few kids who can't get away with anything, and yet I could likely walk around naked and just get tutted at.

This is apparently because the school administerators "like me" because I'm smart and honest, or at least thats what they tell me. I think guilt factors in; they've screwed me over and made my life miserable so many times that they actually told me the last time: "Look, we understand that you are absolutely right and we were wrong to do this but... don't bring this up to the school board. It could cause us a lot of... difficulties. But if theres ever anything you need... we can take care of it."

I only got in trouble once with this a**l substitute for distracting clothing. So I wrapped the shirt in duct tape and went about my day. Didn't stop me from wearing the shirt again...  

Miss Jetpack

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:48 pm
What others don't (or fail to) understand is why stupid things are made up. Even if they don't care about certain things, rules are made up to make sure what could happen doesn't happen. (The ideas themselves vary).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:07 pm
Heh. I was brought into the office because of what I was wearing on a weekly basis in highschool. My favorite time was because it was distracting that my rainbow suspenders matched my garter belt. (or was it that my rainbow garter belt matched my suspenders?)
But then again, we had odd an odd dress code. Shirts had to overlap (not just touch, because it might slide up) with the top of the pants.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

DJ Database

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:24 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Oh, and I was also written up for my shirt. One day I came to school and had a shirt that had a pattern on it that looked like a corset. It wasn't an actual corset, just a image of one to look like one. But they made me go to the office and get a new shirt because it was "Encouraging sexual behavior". Look, We're in highschool. Sometime in highschool you're going to get ******** and there's nothing you can stop or encourage that.

Also, My friend had to get his jacket taken away because it said "My chemical romance" (the band) and they said that it "Encourages drugs and suicidal" I was bewildered with that one, but yea. My school is Lame.

Oh, Yea, And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.
Thats horrible and rude. Just for your sexuality?! I mean, no one cares at my school. there are probobly 2 or 3 lesbians I know of and one gay dude. Im straight and all but thats still rude to bother people just for their sexuality  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:37 pm
Lying_Delilah
There are a few kids who can't get away with anything, and yet I could likely walk around naked and just get tutted at.

You should test that theory.
And take pictures.
ninja

Nero PsyKoTiX

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:58 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
I've never been a dress code violation before, and thankfully my school is fairly flexible with dress code rules. However, I bopped into the main ED forum, and found a thread about a completely outrageous school policy that would make me, personally, start ripping my hair out if it was enstated at my school.

Hugging can lead to suspension *READ FIRST POST CAREFULLY*

I mean, I can see if schools don't want people swapping spit or other bodily fluids, but suspending students for hugging each other? I mean, what the bloody hell?
That happens at my school.
That goes along with -
*You can wear sleeve-less shirts but not tank-tops [the difference is only about 1/4 to a half an inch, people]
*No sunglasses
*No talking or preaching about any other religion besides mormonism
*If you're non-mormon, you can't talk bad about being mormon, but the mormons can talk bad about your religion
*Can't say 'oh my god'
*No piercings other than in your ears [and then you can only have one pair of earings in at one time]

Yes, I believe my school is horrible & it'll probably be worse in high school.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:36 pm
America, supposedly "the land of freedom" never stops amazing me. Seriously. Living in Sweden, no school ever cares how I dress, as long as it is not directly racist or Nazi-ish.
Hell, I doubt any teacher would even bother to point it out if I came naked one day.
I can't even imagine what it would be like not being able to look like you want wherever you want, that's as obvious as breathing to me.  

Athiel

ProfessinalNewbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:51 pm
I wore a shirt that said guns don't kill people...people with mustaches kill people with a big revolver in the middle and i got yelled at. People where guns and roses t shirts and don't get in trouble. and (forgive me if it sounds racist) the black kids where shirts with people holding guns and racial stuff but don't get in trouble.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff