Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Sriae's sketchbook thing - updated 6/22 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sriae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:43 pm
Mneh, I took a break from the night scene. I kinda got sick of staring at too dark colors. D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

WIP of a commision. I'm going overboard. Again. D: Any glaring anatomical mistakes/ lighting problems?

Another WIP of a commision.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:50 pm
Hey Sriae! biggrin

Picture 1:
    I love how you're using an interesting light source and the flowy windness of it (man my vocab has gone negative). It makes for a -very- interesting picture biggrin .
  • It looks like his shoulders are hunched over but the body is straight up-down and very elongated. I think it's partly because of where you ended the torso.
  • His right (our left) arm looks like it's not straight - the part that is sticking out of the sleeve seems like it's bent at a different angle than the part that is in the sleeve.
  • When shoulders are hunched like that they don't make a straight line across -- instead they make more of an arc shape
  • Lastly my hands can't bend that far up when I hold my arms at that angle Dx... but that might just b me. A more natural pose would also be for the thumbs/palm to show more :3...
  • lastly the folds at the armpits should go more um... up and into the torso section instead of out to the sleeve part.

But nothing is -horribly- wrong Dx.. just some small nitpicks on my part... if I had a digicam I'd take a picture to show what I mean XD....

Picture 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/nini206/redline/sraie3.jpg
    Very interesting pose once again and I love how he's looking back/sideways at us :3...
  • his upper chest looks a bit thin, just bring it out a bit more
  • His shoulder should look like hrmmm well I can't explain it very well but it should look like it's coming from his body more and not so close to the neck D:.. see the drawover.
  • His neck is a bit thick
  • The hand umm Dx once again see drawover
  • Elbow needs more definition

XD;; gah.. sorry I'm a bit... umm bad at explaining right now 8D;; hopefully you'll know what I mean. I love seeing your work and can't wait to see these finished <3

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

Sriae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm
Finished up the second one:

Critiques are good, but I'm probably not changing anything. XD; [too lazy] >>;  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:44 pm
Hey there ^_^

With the arm, I just need to say that that would be terribly uncomfortable keeping the upper arm so straight, the elbow should probably point toward the back a bit. I'm also not positive on the hand, the line of where it meets the wrist...Ugh, I'd kill for a tablet right now...but it looks like the far end of the hand is out of perspective, too parallel with the closest part.

Like the colours though and the idea. ^_^  

Wispered

Sriae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:32 pm
Sorry for the slow response! D:

Thanks for the feedback, Eejbeej. They are good points.

Updates:

A really quick quickie. XP The anatomy of her torso is kinda off, I think. :/ And I hate coloring boobies. ;_;

The final version. I got way too sick of this to care. The anatomy and lighting is off. :/  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:57 am
*3*

Sriae your pictures are always interesting and show that you're trying new things ;3.

Good job on the fina picture ;D I won't say anythingn more on it since it's done now razz

On the quick sketchie:
XD! She doesn't look too off tbh razz Actually the thing I have a problem with is her nose o_O;; The way it's made coupled with her lips kinda makes her look feline D:.. it's not entirely bad but I'm just not sure if that's what you were going for.

Her body is a bit uneven but there isn't too much wrong antomically @o@ The part of her chest that isn't in the shirt doesn't seem to have much volume though~ as if her boobs are only in the shirt and not attached to her body :F.

Anyhow good job again and always love seeing your art <3

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

Sriae

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:28 pm
T i r a e l
*3*

Sriae your pictures are always interesting and show that you're trying new things ;3.

Good job on the fina picture ;D I won't say anythingn more on it since it's done now razz

On the quick sketchie:
XD! She doesn't look too off tbh razz Actually the thing I have a problem with is her nose o_O;; The way it's made coupled with her lips kinda makes her look feline D:.. it's not entirely bad but I'm just not sure if that's what you were going for.

Her body is a bit uneven but there isn't too much wrong antomically @o@ The part of her chest that isn't in the shirt doesn't seem to have much volume though~ as if her boobs are only in the shirt and not attached to her body :F.

Anyhow good job again and always love seeing your art <3

Hm, I have no idea what I did with her face. ^^; The way I draw noses need to catch up with the rest of my style. XP

HEE PADDING. [shotted]

Thanks for the feedback! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:54 pm

WHEE. Colored Noa's lineart. biggrin So THE LINEART IS BY NOA. BY NOA. NOT ME. NOA.

Aaaand edited the parts that annoyed me. >>;  

Sriae

Sriae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:43 pm
Edit: something newER

ANATOMY HELP PLEAAAAASE. DDDDD: They all look so darn WEIRD. ><  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:38 pm
More updates! biggrin

This was a quick value study. The shadows beneath him need to be darker. >>;

Ouran twins! This is going to be a print (no duh. :d) at Fanime. The background irks me though. Any suggestions?

WIP of Axel CG. Help with his coat? D: It's so annoying. [kicks]

Aaand another print for Fanime. Feedback for how to make it more interesting? >>;

And an update on the Naruto one. :d

Oh, and a doodle to relax:

Sriae

Sriae

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:36 pm
P.S. The previous ones have been finished and posted up @ my dA.

NEW STUFF.

Help with the anatomy? Is it right? [worried]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:04 pm
try drawing a human figure in a challenging pose using NO linework whatsoever. only use gradients, probably 3, 4, or 6 value, depending on what you think you can handle. it might be easier at first to use block gradients to represent angles and curves in facets. this helps to train yourself to draw things, whether from observation or imagination, in terms of value rather than contours. i'm not saying this is a tecnique you'll use for finished pieces, but its a great tool for preliminary sketches and forming habit with your drawings. i'm sure you understand value and such, i'm not trying to imply that you don't. i've just found that the more i do this, the easier it is for me to sketch with line, ironically. it might help you to better pick out what's wrong with your lighting and anatomy as you play more with realism.  

s t i c k y k i t t e h

3_twisted_roses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 pm
Sriae
Urg, I ended up forgetting to save before closing Photoshop, so I had to go back and redo a few things. D:

... I have this feeling that I should make her nose shorter. : O

Also, avoiding the hair like the plague at the moment. >>;

Yes, I do agree that u should make the nose shorter. Or, try thinning out the lips a little bit, so you really wont need to make the nose shorter. Just helping out 4laugh  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff