Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ornithogale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:17 pm
:waves:

Hi everybody!
My (screen) name is Ornithogale, which = Gale.
Sorry, I don't give out personal info really on the internet. sweatdrop Not old enough? xd

Happiness!

I'm slightly nervous about this... i've never been in a mentor system before, and i know my art has ton of mistakes sweatdrop .... hahaha i just hope my art doesn't seem completely horrible whee

yea, heres my DA account, too...
DA account
Yea, nobody ever views my accountr really, so if I could get some people it would be nice...

Oh, and can u leave commetns and criticsm directly on my DA account? I tend to check that more often...

its going to be great getting to interact in this art forum ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:23 pm
Welcome, guys! I hope you enjoy your stay here. whee

Gale - don't be nervous! Everyone's here to learn. It doesn't matter how "good" or "bad" your art is. heart  

Iyou

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:51 am
Hello! Ornithogale whee

Don't be nervous XD we're all new here so there's nothing to worry about~

Where you want your critiques is up to you and your mentor 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:19 pm
Hello everyone you can call me Miki if you would like.

I am 19

I have been drawing for about 5 years and I think Im just average.

I like to draw anime/manga and I dream of creating my own one day.

Im a freshman in college

I would love to visit Japan even though I dont speak Japanese.

The anime's Im currently watching are Rahzephon and Ranma 1/2

I like meeting new people.

I also am a Geekett- I play the clarinet, Piano, Video games, roleplay

Im not a complete geekett though cause I do have good friends and we go out and play pool and go to the beach and such.

I dont have a mentor yet.

If you want to chat or anything just pm me heart

Miki Hikari

Wispered

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:52 pm
Power to the Geekettes!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:11 pm
HELLO!

I am Matt, or Akrahi, or Jili. Pick one pl0x.

I..enjoy art? I am an art student. Uh........My computer art isn't really up to my satisfaction level yet. So yea....Tirael is a loser *cough*

Kidding she is my friend D:~

http://akrahi.deviantart.com

Oh yea I am 17 and male D:!!! I figure that means something. xD  

Akrahi

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:42 pm
So I'm a loser eh? D8...

Look who's talking! >O

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Hey!

I'm Jyoti (try to pronouce that properly and you WIN THE INTERNET!) and I like art. xD

Sadly, I don't have a whole lot of time for it, being a Biological Sciences major in university who's aiming for Medical school... but I try.

This guild seems like a whole lot of fun and I know I'll learn loads; hopefully I'll be able to impart some knowledge as well!  

Jyoti

crownjade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:40 pm
Hi guys! 8D

My name is Jade, but you can call me Jaderii, Jaden, or give me a nickname of your own. There's a good chance I'll answer to it, whatever it may be. I'm fifteen years young (soon to be sixteen on the 10th of August) and currently a sophomore in high school. : DD

I've been taking art classes at my school since 9th grade. I learned realism there and practiced with medias I didn't even know existed. I really love it. ♥ Even if my years of practice with realism doesn't show through in my style. Other than that I'm pretty much self taught, which would explain why I know squat about anatomy and perspective.

I think my artwork is "okay" but I know it could be better. I'm constantly striving to improve and welcome constructive criticism as long as the person is polite about it. I can take criticism, but being brutally chewed out for the mistakes I make discourages me. I really hope to make art my career so it would be good for me if I didn't stink at it. xD

Now that I've run out of things to say about myself, it's nice to meet you all!

Because I'm new I'm a very mentor-less mentee. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. ♥ : DD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:31 am
jaderii
Hi guys! 8D

My name is Jade, but you can call me Jaderii, Jaden, or give me a nickname of your own. There's a good chance I'll answer to it, whatever it may be. I'm fifteen years young (soon to be sixteen on the 10th of August) and currently a sophomore in high school. : DD

I've been taking art classes at my school since 9th grade. I learned realism there and practiced with medias I didn't even know existed. I really love it. ♥ Even if my years of practice with realism doesn't show through in my style. Other than that I'm pretty much self taught, which would explain why I know squat about anatomy and perspective.

I think my artwork is "okay" but I know it could be better. I'm constantly striving to improve and welcome constructive criticism as long as the person is polite about it. I can take criticism, but being brutally chewed out for the mistakes I make discourages me. I really hope to make art my career so it would be good for me if I didn't stink at it. xD

Now that I've run out of things to say about myself, it's nice to meet you all!

Because I'm new I'm a very mentor-less mentee. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. ♥ : DD
Welcome. If you haven't already, make yourself a sketchbook thread in the mentee forum. Also, check out the various mentors in the mentor forum and find someone you like with openings and ask them. 3nodding  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

crownjade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 pm
Errol McGillivray
Welcome. If you haven't already, make yourself a sketchbook thread in the mentee forum. Also, check out the various mentors in the mentor forum and find someone you like with openings and ask them. 3nodding

Alrighty, 'will do. Thanks. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:50 pm
My name is Junkii or Jun~chan, I have a fever right now and I'm o' so cold so beware this post might not make much sense.

I love art and I recently got serious with it although I've been drawing with my current style for about two years now. I'm thirteen turning fourteen in the summer, and I'm in my last year of middle school.

I wish I had more to say but I'm so tired/cold.~  

J U N K I I E

Sebyth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:52 pm
Hello, my name on here and various other places is Sebyth, you can call me 'Seb' for short. I'm about 31 now I think (math is not my strong suit), born in October of 1975, but I don't feel that old. Sometimes I feel older. XD

Education:
I went to two universities for a collective total of 5-6 years and left without finishing a degree. I also kept changing my major. I was a chemistry major, a philosophy major, a biology major and an Industrial Design major. I also did genetics, linguistics and took two years of Japanese classes.

Art:
My single Gaia journal entry goes into detail about my art-related history. The short version is that I've been trying to draw for most of my life, barring periods of massive artist block (the longest of which was about two years of never so much as setting pencil to paper). Yet you'd think I'd draw better for all that time. I started out drawing semi-realism fantasy portraits/figures, then after some years started trying to draw anime style. It looked like crap, so I kept forcing it more and more,. Now I'm trying to recover and go back to a more realism-based fantasy style, only to discover that I don't seem to be good at either now.

Tools:
I used to draw (and colour) mostly in pencil, with a bit of oil painting and acrylic tole paint/stencilling on the side. I moved towards inking and other paint mediums, such as watercolor and a kind of homemade egg tempura, but I never got the hang of them at all. Later I started colouring pencil sketches digitally with Photoshop/Painter/PaintShop Pro and got a tablet. Now I work primarily in openCanvas 1.1 from scratch, with half-hearted supporting reference studies in pencil.

Mentee (help mah gonk ) :
I seem to be struggling with my pictures a lot. I seem to recall a time when it was fun to draw and I'd draw or paint simply for expression or love of creating. Nowadays I seem to be trying to get everything 'right' in terms of pose, anatomy, lighting, composition and failing on one or more levels. I have always been terrible at settings/background. The thing is, I can't figure out what it is I'm doing wrong in general, nor how to fix it. Any and all input would be very helpful to me. If I'd have to say any goal I want to work towards, it would be to be able to bring together the things I want to express or illustrate and having it look natural/unforced or technically sound . If that even makes any sense. x_x

Other stuff:
I like to read, and play video games. I especially like stories and video games that have an interesting world and ideas. For example, one of my favorite game series is Metal Gear Solid, a game which I dismissed for a long time with the thought that it was a dumb shooter. Yet when I eventually played the games, and the interwoven story elements came together I was hooked. Who knew that a shooter game could bring up subjects such as I studied in philosophy. like the question of genetic predetermination, or the question of existential perception and the nature of observer reality vs objective reality?

I can be lazy and procrastinate a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:59 pm
Hullo, hullo.

I am Soapy. I've been drawing ever since some idiot gave me a crayon in preschool. I'm 16, a junior in high school and I shoot people and sell drugs afterschool I actively participate in the Art Club, and will be taking AP Art next year. I want to major in industrial design

My favorite manga artist is Kubo Tite (Bleach... HIS ART IS SO AMAZING OMFGZ) and my favorite manga is... Bleach xD

I doodle a lot in class (shame, shame v_v) and I use a .7/.5 mechanical pencil for all of my graphite stuff. I got a tablet last December so I still have a buttload and a half to learn about digital painting gonk

That's it... I can't wait to get started!  

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:05 pm
/waves to all the new kids/

soapy: D8... what idiot did you know in preschool!!? /gets out shotgun/ ... I'm kidding.... >__> <__<

welcome yo : D you better be active scream

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces