Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Who tend to be more emo: Seme's or Uke's? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jene-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:44 am
Sora_Kamiya
When it comes to character development in shounen-ai and yaoi, the decision on which character will have the mysterious past or dipression-inducing condition includes but only two options: the Seme and the Uke. Which do you think ends up being the one who needs the cheering up, the seme or the uke? I think it usually tends to be the seme, because seme's are usually depicted as being hard-boiled and emotionally repressed.

Depends on the person, and the story......  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:05 pm
I think it depends on the past the character has had, let's say YUki Eiri (I love him!) he had a trauma so he was emo-ish most of the time, I think.  

[~Sakura.Ai~]

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:05 am
Seme's are typically the cold, sarcastic, cool type guys in contrast to their uke partners. But there is the rare occasion that the roles reverse-Loveless for example. Ritsuka is an adorably emo-ish kitty in comparison to bubbly Soubi ^w^.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:56 pm
I wouldn't say Soubi is bubbly, that might be pulling it a little too far. But cheerful maybe. Or content. Bubbly is more in the direction of...Yuiko.  

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100

HiddenSnakeHands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:17 pm
hhuumm... i tend to like series where the seme is the damaged/ brooding one and the uke brings him round....
sometimes, when it's the uke who has the mysterious past and all that ... they end up sounding more spoiled and whiny than anything (not alllways, but that's often my gut reaction)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:33 pm
Sora_Kamiya
When it comes to character development in shounen-ai and yaoi, the decision on which character will have the mysterious past or dipression-inducing condition includes but only two options: the Seme and the Uke. Which do you think ends up being the one who needs the cheering up, the seme or the uke? I think it usually tends to be the seme, because seme's are usually depicted as being hard-boiled and emotionally repressed.

Well, I would definitely have to say that the ukes are more expressive of their emotions and need to cheer up, but what makes a seme a seme (in my opinion) is their ability to repress their emotions until they are as cold as stone. (KuroFai would have been my example, but it's not until volume 12 that Fai shows his angst... he usually masks it with spazzy and all around silly antics. Kurogane makes the perfec example of a seme, though.)  

ChangeTheStars

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mid-night wish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:51 pm
I'll say the ukes have it worse (in emo terms.)

Some story typically follow the same plot line. Uke goes under some tragic moments and then seme comes along and takes care of the uke. I particularly like this type of storyline, it makes me all fuzzy inside!

: )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:19 pm
I find that the ukes are usually more emo. The semes can also be emo, but I believe only to a extent. Ukes are kind of like those characters who act all happy and cheerful but in reality are really depressed and emo. At least that's my opinion ^^

SharpCookies

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:17 am
I don't think emo-ness is a real factor of the whole seme or uke-ness of a person, it really depends on the storyline ect.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Like a lot of other people said either way depending on the storyline.

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sparky Egg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:48 pm
Usually the semes, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:06 am
In most manga that I read the seme's are the ones that are usually more emo... But that could be because I like reading manga like that...  

meiyun

Lady Seraph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:13 pm
I would think the uke, but that's probably because when I think of seme & uke, I think S&M 3nodding

Uke = receiver

Receiver = Masochist = enjoys pain

enjoys pain = emo

I know this is probably wrong, but that's just how I think. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:52 pm
I think the uke is more emo..
It just seems to make sense, they always seem to be either weaker or happen to be more depressed.  

edlover101

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:06 pm
gackt_stalker
Hmmm, that's a tough one; because when you asked that the first story that happened to come to mind was "Passion". The uke is the one with the... more depressing personality...

I think it's more equal than anything else... but ... Depends on the type of story, really.

^^

I agree  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas