Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get 10 gold
  and give it to me!<3
View Results

-Falling.Ice-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:16 pm
babybluebutterfly
I mean like personality-wise. Like, I know a lot of Chinese and Japanese people love pop culture, and always know stuff about it. Especially music. I'm not into any of that stuff. I don't dress like an asian, speak like an asian, have hobbies or talents like an asian. My mom calls me a banana cuz I'm white inside and yellow outside

Yes, I'm 100% pure un-diluted Chinese.

dont have to be all that and into all those things asians does, just in your blood and your culture then your considered asian  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:25 pm
babybluebutterfly
I went over to a family friends' for dinner for Chinese New Year. Their daughter (a friend of mine) made me realize that I was totally un-asian. I'm not into asian pop culture at all, I don't know celebs, and I suck at photoshop. It's enough to convince me... emo

What about you? Are you still asian or have you been white-ified?

I am white and I am asian....you dont have to know all that stuff and like all of it to be an asian  

kumori_otome

Ceyon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:57 pm
If you are a genetic Asian, then you're an Asian, and nothing about you can change that. The mere fact that you're Asian doesn't define who you are.

To help you see what I mean, take the Caucasian otaku out there. In the US, there are quite a lot of them in conventions, etc. They know so much about J-pop, anime, and manga that they'd might as well be Asian, and I'm sure some of them actually wish that they were Asian. Unfortunately, being Caucasian means being an indescribably complex mixture of European ancestors, and I'm also sure that having no distinct culture to speak of isn't fun. On the inside, these people are Asian. But when you or I see them walking on the street, you just see their outward appearance. No matter how Asian they are on the inside, you and I still consider them "white".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:08 pm
I'm definitely not white-washed.
I'm a true Asian......
Even if I was born in the US.

sheeohpaow

uhOH its Lynda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:37 pm
User Image
mashimaro! >.<

I'm 100% asian. I don't even have a photoshop..what's that? I only know a couple celebs.

User Image
[seungri]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:07 am
Well all I can say is... everyone's different. Yes you are Asian but you don't appear like an Asian... that doesn't mean you aren't. Sure you have a different style compared to other Asians. You're just influenced by Western culture. If you feel that you know nothing about your culture, try studying your culture. If you have no patience for studying, ask questions to Elders regarding different traditions in your place. You'll learn a thing or two. PS: Not all Asians are good at Photoshop. I totally suck at it. biggrin  

Gorgon Shell

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces