Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Lyrics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

P!ATD
  <3
View Results

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:12 am
User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

I don't think I could pick a specific chunk of lyrics out of any one particular Panic song.
I love them all, really.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 pm
There are so amy but a couple of them are:
Things have changed for me, and that's okay
I feel the same, I'm on my way, and I say

Can't take the kid from the fight
Take the fight from the kid

The corous in Build God,Then We'll Talk like the lst powerful one.

i just really like the way Ryan use to sing the All Wrong part live from Time To Dance

Fragile Panic

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:32 pm
Fragile Panic
There are so amy but a couple of them are:
Things have changed for me, and that's okay
I feel the same, I'm on my way, and I say

Can't take the kid from the fight
Take the fight from the kid

The corous in Build God,Then We'll Talk like the lst powerful one.

i just really like the way Ryan use to sing the All Wrong part live from Time To Dance
User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

I know!
It was awesome.
His voice is rly purdy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 pm
I know.  

Fragile Panic

Tangerine_Monster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:01 pm
Welp, I'm a gonna go ahead and fulfill the other point of this thread: interpretation.

Beat backbones
Grazed the poem and made it strange,
I wasn’t born to be a skeleton.

"Beat backbones" makes me think of exaustion, stress, pressure, ect. Like that achey feeling in you back that comes from working like crazy. The "poem" is a metaphor for life, specifically the writers life. By calling it a Poem, they infer that it was supposed to be beautiful, it was supposed to be wonderful. When Ryan or Jon or whoever wrote "made it strange," I think they meant that all the pressure and exaustion has warped this beautiful thing and kind of ruined it. Like "a beautiful disaster". Moving on, skeletons are the remains of dead things (no duh). And although they once were part of the thing, they look nothing like what it once was. Like a shell. So when Ryan/Jon said that, I think they were saying that they weren't born to be a mere imprint of themselves.

Well. That was kind of heavy. Moving on.

You know that Paul Cates
bought himself a trumpet from the Salvation Army.
But there ain't no sunshine in his song
We must reinvent love.

(I wasn't sure if this one went in the "reinvent love" thread, but I thought it fit here better.)

Well, I think the "song" reffered to in the stanza is like a message that this Paul guy is trying to preach. The trumpet would be like a speaker (trumpets are loud). The trumpet is his way of sending the message. Since he got the trumpet from the salvation army, it stands to be assumed that his message along the lines of "love thy neighbor" and all that. Except "there ain't no sunshine in his song," meaning that there is no real substance to what he's saying. The words are just a series of cliched phrases that have been used so often that their meaning has been lost and been replaced with the pretense of meaning (like whatGeorge Orwell was saying in his essay on Politics and The English Language. You should read it. It's very good.) And so then it ends by saying that "we must reinvent love." Since obviously Paul and his lot aren't actually making change, aren't actually spreading love, we'll just have to fix it ourselves. We'll just have to breath meaning back into the word, and then spread it. Reinvent it. Reinvent love.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 pm
WatermelonSmiles
Welp, I'm a gonna go ahead and fulfill the other point of this thread: interpretation.

Beat backbones

"Beat backbones" makes me think of exaustion, stress, pressure, ect. Like that achey feeling in you back that comes from working like crazy. The "poem" is a metaphor for life, specifically the writers life. By calling it a Poem, they infer that it was supposed to be beautiful, it was supposed to be wonderful. When Ryan or Jon or whoever wrote "made it strange," I think they meant that all the pressure and exaustion has warped this beautiful thing and kind of ruined it. Like "a beautiful disaster". Moving on, skeletons are the remains of dead things (no duh). And although they once were part of the thing, they look nothing like what it once was. Like a shell. So when Ryan/Jon said that, I think they were saying that they weren't born to be a mere imprint of themselves.

You know that Paul Cates
We must reinvent love.

(I wasn't sure if this one went in the "reinvent love" thread, but I thought it fit here better.)

Well, I think the "song" reffered to in the stanza is like a message that this Paul guy is trying to preach. The trumpet would be like a speaker (trumpets are loud). The trumpet is his way of sending the message. Since he got the trumpet from the salvation army, it stands to be assumed that his message along the lines of "love thy neighbor" and all that. Except "there ain't no sunshine in his song," meaning that there is no real substance to what he's saying. The words are just a series of cliched phrases that have been used so often that their meaning has been lost and been replaced with the pretense of meaning (like whatGeorge Orwell was saying in his essay on Politics and The English Language. You should read it. It's very good.) And so then it ends by saying that "we must reinvent love." Since obviously Paul and his lot aren't actually making change, aren't actually spreading love, we'll just have to fix it ourselves. We'll just have to breath meaning back into the word, and then spread it. Reinvent it. Reinvent love.

That's amazing. You're incredible. I've never been all that great at interpretation. You should write lyrics, too.

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

Tangerine_Monster

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:38 am
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx
WatermelonSmiles

Beat backbones

You know that Paul Cates
We must reinvent love.

That's amazing. You're incredible. I've never been all that great at interpretation. You should write lyrics, too.

Nah, I'm only good at it because we have to do that kind of stuff in my English class all the time.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 am
WatermelonSmiles
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx
WatermelonSmiles

Beat backbones

You know that Paul Cates
We must reinvent love.

Nah, I'm only good at it because we have to do that kind of stuff in my English class all the time.

I wish I could do that. I find it so hard to understand lyrics D;  

ScribbLove

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas