Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Can the Church "Save" You From the Wickedness of Being Gay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:59 am
Let's see now.
Option one: Be a conservative asshat who will lie to themselves until they die. Might go to heaven.

Option two: Be happy and true to yourself. Possibly find love. Live a good life. Die and MAYBE go to hell.

Basically; heaven or true love.
I'm quite sure that most of us would find heaven rather lame in comparison.
I honestly don't believe that something natural would be "sinful". Actually, I find the whole idea of "sin" and "virtue" completely idiotic. If their "god" created this world and set up a bunch of silly rules that we must follow, there should not be a will to break these rules. Which is why the whole idea sucks. Methodist priests? Evil heartless brainwashing monsters without compassion, soul or purpose.
As long as no one is harmed, You can do what you want. At least, that's what I believe. I choose true love and happiness over religion.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:39 pm
yeah the church kinda sucks like that so i just abandond religon and went my own way. I feel bad for gays who reject who they are although its completely their coice as to act on their feelings or not.  

PassedOutHyperQueen

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:02 am
PassedOutHyperQueen
yeah the church kinda sucks like that so i just abandond religon and went my own way.
Rulin' ya universes...

That's what I did too... I've gone through a few religions and then I realized that I didn't feel like following someone else's principles and rules etc.
But that doesn't mean I don't respect religion. As long as you don't do bad things in the name of your religion, I'm fine with it...
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 am
Miss Sushii
PassedOutHyperQueen
yeah the church kinda sucks like that so i just abandond religon and went my own way.
Rulin' ya universes...

That's what I did too... I've gone through a few religions and then I realized that I didn't feel like following someone else's principles and rules etc.
But that doesn't mean I don't respect religion. As long as you don't do bad things in the name of your religion, I'm fine with it...
...since 1992.

It's Secular Humanism for me, I've decided.
I think quite a few religions seem to be dancing around the main component of their creed, which is a little sad. I mean, treat others as you yourself would like to be treated seems simple, but... It seems to repeatidly fail to work.

Anyway, looking at the issue at hand from a "how would this fit in a religious sense" point of view, (as I don't actually believe, myself) I have one thing to say!
If you were to consider the idea that God had influence on the developement of the universe, (I'm sorry, I'm mixing science and religion here) and that animals are considered in themselves free from sin, then it can be debated also that homosexuality in humans is acceptable to God, as there are animals, including a pair of male penguins in Central Park Zoo, who exhibit homosexual behaviour. A National Geographic article to do with the subject at hand.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:45 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon
Miss Sushii
PassedOutHyperQueen
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

I think quite a few religions seem to be dancing around the main component of their creed, which is a little sad. I mean, treat others as you yourself would like to be treated seems simple, but... It seems to repeatidly fail to work.

Anyway, looking at the issue at hand from a "how would this fit in a religious sense" point of view, (as I don't actually believe, myself) I have one thing to say!
If you were to consider the idea that God had influence on the developement of the universe, (I'm sorry, I'm mixing science and religion here) and that animals are considered in themselves free from sin, then it can be debated also that homosexuality in humans is acceptable to God, as there are animals, including a pair of male penguins in Central Park Zoo, who exhibit homosexual behaviour. A National Geographic article to do with the subject at hand.
Rulin' ya universes...

A friend sent me this a while ago: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PooEhBxh0NY
It's AWESOME and should be shown in every school.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:29 pm
Miss Sushii
Lady Gyrfalcon
Miss Sushii
PassedOutHyperQueen
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

That IS awesome.
Also? Please tell me I didn't sound like a rambling berk with a superiority complex in the last post. I have no idea what I was saying. O.O  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:40 am
Lady Gyrfalcon
Miss Sushii
Lady Gyrfalcon
Miss Sushii
PassedOutHyperQueen
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

That IS awesome.
Also? Please tell me I didn't sound like a rambling berk with a superiority complex in the last post. I have no idea what I was saying. O.O
Rulin' ya universes...

Not at all smile
On the subject of education, I am really annoyed that during SexEd (in grade 9, wtf!? It should be earlier!) there was next to NOTHING related to homosexuality, in fact, it was only mentioned once; There was a question in the booklet where we were supposed to define "Heterosexual" "Bisexual" and "Homosexual" (please note that ASEXUAL wasn't in there.) and that was it. Shouldn't school offer at least a LITTLE more info on the matter? That's discrimination, right there. Kids need to know these things. They can't expect us all to be straight. Isn't it a legal requirement to include education about homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality in the SexEd program? If not, it certainly should be.
So was this just my crappy school or was it the same for any of you?

Seriously, the world is messed up.
Kids should be taught at an early age that it doesn't matter whether you love men or women or both, and that homosexuality and bisexuality is just as normal as heterosexuality. Then these stupid policies wouldn't exist, because people wouldn't really see eachother as "gay" or "straight", they'd just be people. It's just as bad as sexism or anti-semitism or racism. Isn't it about time for the world to grow up a little?
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:11 am
Word. If they're going to teach safe straight sex procedures, they should teach safe gay sex procedures too. rolleyes Although, I mean.. it's generally a given? I've never seen someone actually LEARN things in a Sex Ed class. You pretty much know it all by then. sweatdrop And, I mean, I'm talking 7th or 8th grade.  

Skizzors
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:23 pm
Skizzors
Word. If they're going to teach safe straight sex procedures, they should teach safe gay sex procedures too. rolleyes Although, I mean.. it's generally a given? I've never seen someone actually LEARN things in a Sex Ed class. You pretty much know it all by then. sweatdrop And, I mean, I'm talking 7th or 8th grade.
Rulin' ya universes...

Don't be so sure.
A while ago a guy asked me about yaoi and "how does it WORK!?"
... peoples are teh ignorant.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:54 pm
*Whistles nonchalantly.* On-topic fodder, guys.

So, ex-gay watch has a post on sacriligeous comics, with the same topic of the comic that was in the link posted to the thread on homophobia, that are being distributed to public school students in the US.
And Here's the page about it.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 am
Lady Gyrfalcon
*Whistles nonchalantly.* On-topic fodder, guys.

So, ex-gay watch has a post on sacriligeous comics, with the same topic of the comic that was in the link posted to the thread on homophobia, that are being distributed to public school students in the US.
And Here's the page about it.

HOT COMICS?
Durr... wtf xD That's just sick. it's propaganda! D: Jesus never said anything about rock music! Or homosexuality, for that matter. The old conservative bearded gentlemen did all that... I mean, srsly, Jesus should totally have his OWN Bible. So people can choose :3
'sides, that rockstar guy was effing awesome! I'd buy his CDs biggrin
I shall use a very wise expression, taken from one of the comics; Garbage in, GARBAGE OUT.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:14 am
The church has made me this way and it can't take me back!! *cackles madly*

Back to topic. Sadly this world will not change. it's been like this for ever and will never change, especialy for racism. I remember going to a job interview and this woman asks: "Are you catholic or protestant?"

Conclusion: If we can not accept each other's spiritual believings, then how in hell can we reach peace in this crazy world? It's already known that a lot of communities hates America..

I've read an article on yahoo about a teen boy (16) was found drowned to death on a field 40 miles away from his house. investigates led to that the boy was gay and his sexuality has disturbed his classmates, for that he was murdered by the hands of them.

Such a pathetic world.

So, yeah, gay issues will remain prohibited and unrespected.  

Michei

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:03 am
Michei
The church has made me this way and it can't take me back!! *cackles madly*

Back to topic. Sadly this world will not change. it's been like this for ever and will never change, especialy for racism. I remember going to a job interview and this woman asks: "Are you catholic or protestant?"

Conclusion: If we can not accept each other's spiritual believings, then how in hell can we reach peace in this crazy world? It's already known that a lot of communities hates America..

I've read an article on yahoo about a teen boy (16) was found drowned to death on a field 40 miles away from his house. investigates led to that the boy was gay and his sexuality has disturbed his classmates, for that he was murdered by the hands of them.

Such a pathetic world.

So, yeah, gay issues will remain prohibited and unrespected.
Rulin' ya universes...

D; That's awful! That poor boy! I certainly hope someone killed them off.
*sigh*
The only way to change this is to educate the children. If children are raised by homophobic, racist, anti-semitist etc. parents, they will probably be the same.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:02 pm
Is it just me, or is the girl with the pink shirt in that anti-homosexuality propaganda comic totally a yaoi fangirl? gonk  

Skizzors
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:37 am
Skizzors
Is it just me, or is the girl with the pink shirt in that anti-homosexuality propaganda comic totally a yaoi fangirl? gonk
Rulin' ya universes...

I know! I was like YEAHH you go girl! but then her stupid mom and brother were bitches and crap.
MORE CREDIT FOR PINK T-SHIRT GIRL.
...since 1992.

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas