Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Hair Color Discussion] - Did you Notice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

funky_monkey262

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:35 am
no nt reallly  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:13 am
Yes, I have noticed, but there are certain mangakas (masara minase) that go against this and make their (blondes) semes and the dark haired guys ukes.  

Blaz

Hawt_az_FCUK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:32 pm
hmm

weeeeeeeeeeird. in most of the stuff ive read, the seme has light hair and the uke has dark hair....or am i confusing myself...oh damn i am.

in Earthian, Kagetsuya is a blonde and hes the seme while Chihaya has black hair and is the uke...

in Loveless (i dont really watch/read that oen too muc...)
Soubi is the seme and he has light hair right? wheras Ritsuka has black hair
(then again Loveless and Earthian were made by the same person...)
xp

oh man my brain hurts now.

O.O omg i just noticed something.

in Lesson XX the seme had light hair and the uke had black hair!

ohhhhhhhhhh now i see it.... xp wow and i got confused for nothing.

oh nevermind..i did it again.

i confused my brian again. gr.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:48 pm
The ones that do that usually make the guys uber-girly.

I've seen a large amount where the hair color has beenthe other way around. Possibly a larger amount than with the light haired uke.

(Not that anyone hasn't said that already. D: )  

UlooAloo

Hawt_az_FCUK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:44 pm
kiba132324
The ones that do that usually make the guys uber-girly.

I've seen a large amount where the hair color has beenthe other way around. Possibly a larger amount than with the light haired uke.

(Not that anyone hasn't said that already. D: )

i agree.... i can withstand feminine ukes...but to a point where i just have to yell at the screen;

"GROW A BACKBONE DAMMIT!"

*sighs* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:35 am
Sometimes, but in Haru wo daite ita and Loveless it's the other way around. ><
Not to forget Crimson spell. >3<  

The broken puppet

jene-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:45 am
shmexy-emo-guy
Did you ever notice that in most yaoi and shonen-ai(not all, but a very large amount) that the Seme usually has dark hair and the Uke has light hair?

For example:

Brother
Yellow
Wild Rock
Empty Heart
Boy Princess

and I know theres a lot more, but I can't think of any of them right now....

I have noticed that, and I personally think it is that way do to the fact that there the popular colors.., and it is easier for the artist to do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:11 pm
Yeah, that happens a lot.  

MotokoSavitri

DarkFlowerGirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:02 pm
colonolhavoc
Not really, I mean look at Yuki and Shuichi from Gravitation both of them have light hair.

but.....Suichi's hair is PINK and Yuki's hair is BLONDE.....Blonde is so....well...pink is lighter than blonde  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 am
I don't know. maybe just a coincidence.

darkmage009

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:06 pm
Yeah, sometimes it's that way, but there are ones that are just the opposite.
The one thing that remains is that one has light colored hair and the other has dark colored hair.

Actually now that I think about it it's normally like that in all manga pairs straight or not. Maybe it's just more pleasing to the eye?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:59 pm
Oh, yes. I've most definitely noticed as well... why, just the other day my fellow yaoi fangirl and I were walking down the street, talking about how our Dungeons and Dragons campaign's most recent couple actually very much don't fit that stereotype... And then we were discussing other examples that don't... and there aren't many. The second most common hair colour scenario, we found, was both with light hair. You rarely see the seme with light hair and the uke with dark hair, Rin! and Only the Ring Finger Knows being two examples.

BTW, our D&D characters... they are actually more like sekes then seme/uke, and we came to this conclusion while we were discussing the stereotype... However, they often do have a defining line, with my character, Xaeyvier, being the seme, and Volin, her character, being the uke... though... you can judge for yourself... we have part of the role-play up on Gaia, since we did part of it on here. I'll post the link, but it hasn't been used in a long time. AND DON'T STEAL THE ART! scream

It is here  

Hane no Kori

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Artemis-X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:06 pm
shmexy-emo-guy
Did you ever notice that in most yaoi and shonen-ai(not all, but a very large amount) that the Seme usually has dark hair and the Uke has light hair?

For example:

Brother
Yellow
Wild Rock
Empty Heart
Boy Princess

and I know theres a lot more, but I can't think of any of them right now....
i can kinda agree with this.

but i can think of a few pairings [not necessarily yaoi... just random series pairings] that go against this. [[unfortunately, at the time of making my post, all pairings escaped my mind @.@]]

Agree with theory:
Touya/Yukito - Cardcaptor Sakura
Sasuke/Naruto - Naruto

Against theory:
Daisuke/Satoshi - DNAngel  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:23 pm
i think it really depends on the creator's pref.

it has to create a ballance, and hair color is pretty darn important in anime and manga- a character's hair color or tone often sets the first impression of the personality. if a seme has the lighter hair, it creates a whole different relationship ballance than if he has dark hair.
i don't think it allways works like this though ^^; again, it all depends on the creator.

perosnally, i tend to be drawn to the seme with dark hair and the uke with lighter hair- but it isn't a fixed thing.  

HiddenSnakeHands

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:34 pm
lol yeah, I sort of noticed that as well ^^ It was always after watching a couple of episodes of random animes that I started thinking about it. But it makes sense, sort of to go with their personality (I think someone here mentioned that already though. sweatdrop not sure)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff