Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
'Sorry it's not really hawt'. Rape in fanfiction. Not rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mika_Clari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:50 pm
I've actually contemplated this one as a writer. I think rape is wrong. It scares the heck out of me. It bothers me to no end that my motto is "If it's not consensual, it's not happening." However, I feel hypocritical if I use it as a plot device. Although it's horrible, it sets a deepness in the plot surrounding it in a way. This is what I hate about amateur writing when fanfic writers use a device and handle it completely unrealistically. No one will enjoy it half-way. If for some odd reason that the uke will fall in love with the seme, it won't be because of that. I've read some good fanfics in my time that can handle realistic situations nicely or even moderately realistic situations like rape and kidnapping.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 pm
It's a love hate thing for me. I hate how the character has to be punished like that, but I love the drama, depth, suspense, and emotional issues that have to solved by love that come after the rape.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 pm
hmmmm well i don't mind a rape scene in a fanfic but i have to have it going towards a good story but in real life i wanna so hurt the people who rape others  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:35 pm
I'm not too big on noncon and the like; it's just...people who write it don't really understand that it's NOT EXACTLY A GOOD THING and that sort of bothers me because there are people out there who have been raped. And again. IT'S NOT A GOOD THING, GAIZ. Though I would like to see a fanfic where someone actually falls in love with someone other than their rapist. D:  

Iacaille

Sparkly Star

silvercharmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:38 pm
i had a similar convo with my friend you know... im sorry i would never love someone who doesnt respect my space you know... to me in manga that promotes raping its really not right at all you know... forcing love is not love at all to me  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:32 pm
Frankly, using that kind of "plot" shows nothing bu immaturity on the part of the writer, as well as a complete lack of appreciation for the way you structure a story... For the love of Mike, fellas, build it up.

Also, the point that was raised about people finding it hot because it shows they simply can't keep away. True, in the mindset of some of our generation that might actually be seen as a proper manifestation of that sentiment. However, for me at least, it is far hotter to serenade someone under their window until they come to you. *wink*  

duskydawn

yuki~chan3

Beloved Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:55 pm
MistressPaco
I like rape fanfiction personally, in reality I don't like it (real life rapes) but in fiction (as in, not real) I do enjoy a good dose of sadistic treads, including but not limited to rape/force/humiliation/ect. Tied up and beat, tortured, ect.

To each their own.

I agree w/ mistresspaco honestly.....but for me, not only do I know it's NOT REAL LIFE, I also just have a sick sense of humer......actually I just have a sick mind............and issues. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:07 pm
hm~ I dont really like it when I see a character getting raped.It's just not something I get all jumpy about but if character A secretly loves B--technically it's not really rape right?As they say,you can't rape the willing. XD lol sorry,just had to say it. But yeah,I don't really appreciate that kind of fanfiction/mini comic but it's not something that will upset me since it always turns out ok for the victim(in that case) of course,I.R.L. that would be a totally different story.
I think what most of the people find hot in such a scene would be either the action going on or the artists style. Most of the time thats what makes me smile and I usually forget all about the storyline if the art was really amazing.
~Happy Holidays~

Mage_Almasy

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:33 am
Rape fantasies actually aren't that uncommon. It's only natural that it'd be put into writing.
Not saying I particularly like it or that it's right, but just a fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:30 pm
I don't really like rape in fanfiction because it's not very realistic. Unless the character is a serious sadist. But I guess fanfiction is made up of a variety of stories, and people like certain varieties.  

Anni-Neko

Mayze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:46 pm
I don't like rape fics. At least, in the sense you are talking about. I've read some stories where it had rape in it, but it was more traumatizing and horrible and not really a good thing.

... I think what I'm trying say is: If it's handled well and done right, I don't mind rape being in a story. But if it's done wrong, like the person falls in love with the person raping them... I don't touch it.

However, you can't really say thats not real. That the person won't fall in love with the person raping them. On a personal level, I've known people who have been raped, and sometimes the person being raped will convince themselves they really love that person. Or, thats what I've heard.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:48 pm
look at Gravitation fanfics there rape in that story and it makes the fanfics really good sometimes  

protecterofelements

teddytoles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm
I have nothing against it. Its a turn on some days and other days its not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:57 pm
I do find rape attractive in manga/anime but not in real life. I don't know why, I'm sadistic; seeing people in pain (not too much) really is a turn on for me.  

KiwiShaver

Fetal_Mind

Aged Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:12 pm
- If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?

Reasons for liking:
The plot
Angst addict
Suspense
Language
If it has to do with the past
If it's written really good
When I want a char. to suffer, if I like them or not.

I don't really know. I love to see a character in pain. I like it when they have hard times. Getting over problems, to see some obstacles they have to come over, instead of having it easy and just waltz towards it. It's gotta be a little tough. Not happy. Or just like seeing suffering.

Not in real life. I don't like real life ones though.

- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?

Maybe they like a little action it it? Or they could be an angst addict?

- Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.
A totally obvious plot. And everybody being serious without humor.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff