Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recycle Bin
What Is Your Favorite Anime? Give A Reason Why!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunniEGertz

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:13 pm
my favorite anime is........ Cardcaptors.

it's my favorite, because its fun to watch, the story line is different, and it differs from the rest of Clamp's work =]

my second favorite is Witch hunter Robin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:13 pm
I have two favorite animes, and I switch back and forth between which is my '#1 favorite.' The first of the two is Gankutsuou.
Okay, the thing is? I'm a nerd. I read more than is probably healthy. I like Alexandre Dumas and my favorite of his books was always The Count of Monte Cristo. What can I say? It's a great story. The themes are universal and the characters are wonderful (some I love and some I love to hate) and dammit, it's just an enjoyable read. When the movie came out, I saw it and loved it too. It had the characters and story I loved, but it had enough changes and things to keep things interesting (for example, Haydee isn't in the movie, and Mercedes is still Edmond's main love interest even after he becomes the count (as if anyone can blame him, Mercedes is seriously hot in the movie. heart )) I like when a classic story can be told in many different ways and still be true to the original ideas (ex; Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera.) So I loved the book and I loved the movie. I was a little skepitcal about an anime, though. Especially an anime based on The Count of Monte Cristo and set in the future, in space. It could very easily have been terrible. But it wasn't. It was fantastic. I loved that the story was told through Albert's perspective (the anime starts with his misadventures during Mardi Gras, which doesn't happen until well into the book and movie) and follows his story as he meets the mysterious count and becomes closer and closer to him, and slowly starts to discover the sinsiter history of his family and the people around him...and of the count himself. The setting doesn't take away from the story at all; it adds a little interesting zing to is without affecting the story too much. The twists are welcome and refreshing as well; the story isn't a carbon copy of the book, and it doesn't need to be. I liked the homoerotic undertones between Albert and the Count, and Albert and Franz. I liked the unusual animation style. I liked the idea of the Count's 'curse.' I could just go on forever... heart

My other favorite is Honey and Clover. It's just a slice of life romantic comedy...but it's done so very well. The characters are wonderfully real and likable; I can see many of my friends (and sometimes myself) in them. I don't even know what else to say....it warmed my heart and broke it. It's powerful and bittersweet. It also can be incredibly funny. It made me laugh more than any other anime I've ever seen (oh Morita, you crazy b*****d. I do love you so heart .)  

palindrome88

Akina_Fayt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 pm
My favorite is naruto cuz he is determined even though no one believes in, And his not just ur average guy his got all odds agaisnt him from the start but him gets threw it  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:38 am
my favourite is naruto cuz at has everything i like comdey/action and NINJAS my second would be naruto :3  

EliteNinjah

ChildrenofShannara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:28 am
Q#1: What's your favorite anime? i have many but at present i love Bleach!!
Q#2: why is this your favorite anime? it's for the reason that the hero was strong since the beginning.. i'm getting tired of the hero getting stronger only in the middle part of the series just like naruto.. no offense.. sweatdrop
Q#3: whats your 2nd favorite anime? it would be Fushigi Yuugi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:12 am
my 1st favourite currently is Kaze no Stigma... it has rilly great fighting scenes and the story is pretty interesting... it revolves around a guy who was banished from his clan for being weak and he came back even more powerful than anyone else... my next favourite anime would be darker than black..
haha...  

dinieb

2ndPSP

Enduring Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:57 pm
My 1st is Wolf's Rain. The reason is hard to explain. I got hooked on it on Adult Swim, and really like it. I'm pretty sure it was the first anime I started buying. (it took me forever to get the whole set because the store I was buying them from was not very reliable in their selection) I really like the dark theme, and the ending was really sad.

my second, is something I'm not sure of. I think Rune Soldier. It's the one I've watched over and over the most. Usually when I need a good laugh. it's a funny show with a bit of a serious plot, great characters and better animation. It would be my favorite, but I have a special place in my heart for Wolf's Rain.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:13 pm
bokura ga ita eek i like it cause it has lots of romance and humor. second would be... um... bleach  

m0nk33

Morniing Glory

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:19 am
My favorate Anime would have to be Code Gease because of te plot line. The plot line is really unique and also the plot dose not fail half way threw but t carries it weight through making it a solid Anime Plot anlike other.

My second Favorite would be One piece just because after 300+ episodes I think that One piece is a great Adventure ^^.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:29 am
Q#1: What's your favorite anime?
My Faveorite Anime is One Piece.
Q#2: why is this your favorite anime?
Because its really interesting, to me its an anime that can never get boring even in the flashback episodes its really great. I love seeing luffy and his crew approach all sorts of danger and take it head on.
Q#3: whats your 2nd favorite anime?
Beyblade =P  

Fairy_Princess_Nami

Dark Lord Youngbull

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:59 pm
My favorite Animé would be Yu-Gi-Oh, the original series, including the asia-only aired pilot series "shadow games".
Why? Because i can identify with much of it, the plot is awesome, the mean guys aren't just easily swept aside, and the Egyptian theme is also a reason. And that's just a scratch at the surface.
my 2nd favorite would probably be Van Helsing, because i am a vampire enthusiast.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:16 pm
Zenbon_Zakura

User Image

My fave anime is Naruto cuz i love ninjas hehehehe biggrin  

-_-gaacrystalangelnaru-_-

6,200 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

eveanimevengeance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:17 pm
My fav anime of all time would have to be Blood+ and RomeoXJuliet
(yah I have 2 favs ^^)

Blood+: is my fav anime because it has horror, action, romance even a bit of comedy. The series has a great story and plot and when you watch 1 episode you want to know more.

RomeoXJuliet: Well after reading the orginal Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare I thought the story was so boring, but when I heard they made an anime show on it I was like I have to see that. And to my surprise the story is way better than what shakespeare wrote, there's more action, and they give Juliet a bigger role than rather just being a helpless princess. In the show she is the hero of the people called "Wirl Wind". Can't wait to see it dubbed biggrin

My 3rd fav anime series would have to be Black Cat, my fav quote from him is " I have come to deliver some Black Luck"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:39 pm
my favorite anime is Death Note because its awesome and i like the story.My second favourite is Elfen Lied biggrin  

Arjano

Aznanimegurl14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:34 pm
My favorite has to be Fruits Basket.

I like it because it has a little bit of almost all kinds of genre and the characters are awesome. Also the plot is unbelievable.

My second favorite is Naruto. biggrin  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces