Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:51 pm
She wandered back over to the couch silently taking the cup of coffee and not adding anything to it before taking a sip with a hint of a smile, she couldn't help it, she loved coffee, it almost made up for being shoot, that was how much she liked it. "Thanks, again."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:55 pm
"It's nothing," Methos relied, the faint smile on her lips telling him he'd made the right call with the coffee. "The rude person who shot you... It wasn't one of us, was it?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:02 pm
"Thankfully no, otherwise I'd be a great deal more pissed and more than likely a great deal more dead." She wasn't one to try to kid herself on her skill on staying alive, the truth hurt but was more likely to keep her a** alive, she could live with a hurt ego at lest.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:15 pm
Methos nodded, relieved. "There's a trick I've seen used," he said softly, trying not to give Phoenix the idea that he was mocking her or anything. "An Immortal will challenge a student, wound them, then follow them when they flee back to their teacher."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:19 pm
She snorted at that, "Hate to tell people that wouldn't work all that well with me, the most they would find is that I have a pet bird that keeps me sane and can beat me in playing chess." So she also wasn't above admitting her faults in more than one way, between the fact that a she never had a teacher, and b she played chess with a bird.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:28 pm
Methos chuckled, sipping his coffee. "I have a pet Scotsman who beats me at chess. Crosses we must bear."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:35 pm
She half shrugged thought slightly amused by that, not that she would admit it ever, but oh well, for the moment she focused on her coffee really trying to hurry simply because she didn't want to annoy him more the she had already. Phoenix wasn't one to try to be a bother, staying off to the side in shadows to no be in the way, and hopefully not noticed, she had no hopes at a long life, hell she was shocked she had made it this far. So not annoying those that were in the lest bit nice to her seemed fair, which was why she said nothing and was content to sip on her coffee.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:45 pm
Methos let the silence settle as the two Immortals drank their coffee in a rare moment of peaceful truce. He felt Phoenix's discomfort, recognized her as a loner, and thought about how Duncan would try to argue with her about getting a teacher. Hell, he'd probably go and wrangle one of his friends into it. Amanda, probably.

Methos, however, believed in an Immortal's right to be a fool if they wanted. Since she hadn't asked him what he meant by "teacher", he had to assume she had made a conscious decision not to have one.

As a man who's earliest memory of a teacher was an Immortal who had pretended to shelter him only to try to kill him later, he respected her choice.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:53 pm
Most of that was rather much the opposite, she would have preferred to have someone at lest try to help her out, she wasn't good at defending herself and was learning everything via mistakes, which was a hard way to learn stuff. Hell she hadn't in fact learned what she was till someone showed up and challenged her, that had been really fun, it was only by dumb luck that she had manged to not get beheaded. It was only by bits and pieces she was learning things, what was possible, what wasn't, and all that good stuff.

She kept her thoughts to herself though, simply because most she had run into weren't ever interesting in trying to play nice. But for the sake of her own interest she did end up asking softly, "So I take it there are kind souls somewhere that help out younglings?" It was an odd way to state it but she could thing of no better way really.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:19 pm
"Immortals are people, Phoenix," Methos said. "Just harder to kill. There are good ones among the bad. The good ones usually try to teach, help the newer ones to understand the Game and give them a chance at survival, like someone helped them before. It's... some sort of tradition, I guess."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:23 pm
She stared at him like he was nuts, she couldn't help it really, sounded like a load of bull to her, "Right, I'll believe it when I see it." Was her only comment to that  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:42 pm
Methos could resist a challenge. Really, he could. He opened his mouth to say something like Fine, go forth and lose thy head. Free will is everything it's cracked up to be, but then an annoying image of a brown-eyed MacLeod appeared in his mind, looking at him in that stupid boy scout way of his.

So instead he said, "There's an abandoned warehouse down by the docks. Can you come by tomorrow, and you can show me what you've taught yourself?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:49 pm
She almost looked confused at that, hell she was confused so it only fit, none of it made any sense in her mind, his being helpful that is, she had spent the last, well she wasn't exactly sure how long, she hadn't kept kept count of time... but anything she had spent a what felt like to her a long bloody time trying to avoid other immortals because everyone she ran into were sword happy annoying twits. She had always thought the day she meet even a simi-helpful person would be the day the world ended, well the world could end any second now, she was waiting. Till then she nodded in answer, "Sure, why not make a fool of myself, sounds like fun."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:59 pm
What in th' hell are you doing? he asked himself. MacLeod, I'm gonna kick your Scottish a** when I see you again.

"Noon okay?" he said, rising to show her out. "And I'll promise not to laugh if you will."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:03 pm
With very little pause she collected her stuff, "Oh I always laugh at myself, keeps me being too uptight and laughing at others, never a smart idea that is, people tend to not take kindly to it for some reason, never understood why..." She gave a small smile at her own words before pulled on her jacket, "And thanks again."

(I'm getting off, bed calls given i have to be up in seven hours for work @_@ night)  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff