Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy?
  Fluff Bunnies
  Serious Pagans
  Who Cares? Give Me Gold!
View Results

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:02 pm
Astenwroth
"Fiddler, shhhh! Who's the Astruinian Priest here? Right.. So anyways, start searching the field. I sense your power level is low so you might want to start with a garter snake."
And stay away from the Anaconda. Its power level is OVER NINE THOUSAAA...
AAND!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:20 pm
Astenwroth
"I sense your power level is low so you might want to start with a garter snake."

rofl rofl rofl We have "crackhead" in the living room.

rofl rofl rofl  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:39 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Astenwroth
"Fiddler, shhhh! Who's the Astruinian Priest here? Right.. So anyways, start searching the field. I sense your power level is low so you might want to start with a garter snake."
And stay away from the Anaconda. Its power level is OVER NINE THOUSAAA...
AAND!
How many dice do I get for that roll again?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:51 pm
jaden kendam
Nuri
Dema
I'm now studying under an Asatruan Priest to be an Egyptian Pagan.

huh?

Isn't Asatru the ones who worship the Norse Pantheon? If so, how would an Asatruan Priest be able to teach one about how to worship the Greek Deities correctly?

He's just teaching me the basics, helping me to find my path. I really worded that wrong but it was late and I was doing 3 other things, LOL.

But yeah, he's teaching me stuff like meditation and all that good stuff.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:53 pm
Dema
jaden kendam
Nuri
Dema

huh?

Isn't Asatru the ones who worship the Norse Pantheon? If so, how would an Asatruan Priest be able to teach one about how to worship the Greek Deities correctly?

He's just teaching me the basics, helping me to find my path. I really worded that wrong but it was late and I was doing 3 other things, LOL.

Did you get a vouch for him?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Dema
jaden kendam
Nuri
Dema

huh?

Did you get a vouch for him?

What do you mean exactly?(and pretty obviously the answer is no since I'm unaware of what you're talking about sweatdrop )  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm
Dema

What do you mean exactly?(and pretty obviously the answer is no since I'm unaware of what you're talking about sweatdrop )
While Asatru doesn't have the network that say- Wicca does, the idea is the same.

Anyone can claim to be an Asatru "Priest" (I'm a little worried that he doesn't call himself a Godhi- or does he?), but that doesn't mean he is a good teacher, let alone a good person.

Vouches- recommendations from others in the Pagan Scene is an important step in selecting a "teacher" (using the term loosely here).

Take a look at Nuri's thread on Elders.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm
TeaDidikai
Dema

While Asatru doesn't have the network that say- Wicca does, the idea is the same.

Anyone can claim to be an Asatru "Priest" (I'm a little worried that he doesn't call himself a Godhi- or does he?), but that doesn't mean he is a good teacher, let alone a good person.

Vouches- recommendations from others in the Pagan Scene is an important step in selecting a "teacher" (using the term loosely here).

Take a look at Nuri's thread on Elders.

I think he uses the term Priest because its easier for other people to understand, but I'll ask him about it.

As for vouchers, yes he does. They all come from close friends of mine and his but I'd trust most of them with me life. And he's a wonderful person, he's one of the 3 people I consider true friends and I wish his mentor was still alive because I'm sure Johnathan would vouch for him to a T.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:37 pm
Dema

I think he uses the term Priest because its easier for other people to understand, but I'll ask him about it.

As for vouchers, yes he does. They all come from close friends of mine and his but I'd trust most of them with me life. And he's a wonderful person, he's one of the 3 people I consider true friends and I wish his mentor was still alive because I'm sure Johnathan would vouch for him to a T.
Well then, there you go.

It's a personal policy of mine to suggest people read before they look for a teacher. It's easier to close a book than a person after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 pm
TeaDidikai
Dema

Well then, there you go.

It's a personal policy of mine to suggest people read before they look for a teacher. It's easier to close a book than a person after all.

True enough, especially with J, he likes to talk A LOT, hehehe. Not that thats a bad thing but sometimes you just wish you could get a word in edgewise LOL.

And no worries I will still read alot, I acctually know more about Egypt than he does, he's just pointing me in the right direction as far as basics go and then I'm going to pretty much be on my own once thats done.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:55 pm
Dema

True enough, especially with J, he likes to talk A LOT, hehehe. Not that thats a bad thing but sometimes you just wish you could get a word in edgewise LOL.

And no worries I will still read alot, I acctually know more about Egypt than he does, he's just pointing me in the right direction as far as basics go and then I'm going to pretty much be on my own once thats done.
Sounds like the guy who owns Five Corners. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Dema

I love him though, he's a huge cuddly teddy bear. And its not like he's a pompous a** when he talks about stuff, he just talks cuz he likes to share information with people. It may not be about spiritual stuff, it could be about anything.

The people who talk just to put down how "little" you know are the ones who bug me.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:50 am
Dema
TeaDidikai
Dema

I love him though, he's a huge cuddly teddy bear. And its not like he's a pompous a** when he talks about stuff, he just talks cuz he likes to share information with people. It may not be about spiritual stuff, it could be about anything.

The people who talk just to put down how "little" you know are the ones who bug me.

I am still curious as to why someone who claims to follow the Norse Pantheon could teach anything, even the basics, about how to worship the Egyptian pantheon. You would do better reading the mythology/anthropology books to learn how to do that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:26 am
jaden kendam

I am still curious as to why someone who claims to follow the Norse Pantheon could teach anything, even the basics, about how to worship the Egyptian pantheon. You would do better reading the mythology/anthropology books to learn how to do that.
From what she said, he's teaching her generic neo-pagan flavored spiritual practices.

I mean- how Asatru is meditation?  

TeaDidikai

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:29 am
TeaDidikai
jaden kendam

From what she said, he's teaching her generic neo-pagan flavored spiritual practices.

I mean- how Asatru is meditation?

*nods at what Tea said* I'm just not very good at wording things at times. He acctually wants me to research the Egyptian stuff and then tell him about it. He's pushy too LOL, but not in a bad way since I'm a slacker and I need that kind of teacher hahaha.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff