Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dragon magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:18 pm
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
For some reason however, I enjoy the idea of some fluffy dimwit trying to jump REALLY REALLY high to prove he/she is an FF Dragoon.
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~
I remember reading a (true) story about a guy who moved in with two lesbian FF7 Otakukin; one believed she was the reincarnation of Jenovah, the other Hojo. They bathed in green colored gatorade to symbolize mako energy. eek Sorry for off-topicness, it's just wierd knowing that people like that actually exist.
But don't you know, by Infinite Worlds Theory, there really was a universe where FF7 happened! And they're reincarnations from that universe! Just like the subset of Dragonkin who are all Tiamat/Bahamut/Jormungand...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
For some reason however, I enjoy the idea of some fluffy dimwit trying to jump REALLY REALLY high to prove he/she is an FF Dragoon.
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~
I remember reading a (true) story about a guy who moved in with two lesbian FF7 Otakukin; one believed she was the reincarnation of Jenovah, the other Hojo. They bathed in green colored gatorade to symbolize mako energy. eek Sorry for off-topicness, it's just wierd knowing that people like that actually exist.

Wow... that just made my skin crawl.

I don't know...psychotic geeky lesbians bathing in sports drink to get mako energy? I don't know...that is hysterical to me.

What the heck is otherkin by the way?  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:19 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~
But don't you know, by Infinite Worlds Theory, there really was a universe where FF7 happened! And they're reincarnations from that universe! Just like the subset of Dragonkin who are all Tiamat/Bahamut/Jormungand...

I've never thought of the invinite worlds theory in that manor...suddenly I feel really dirty.....in a bad way...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:34 pm
Kuroiban

Educate thy self...  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban

Educate thy self...

-Reads first entry in thread-
-Pauses-
-Rereads first entry in thread again-
-Stares-
-Sighs-

You could have cut out the middleman and just told me durenged fluffy with delusions of grandeur.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:44 pm
Kuroiban
I've never thought of the invinite worlds theory in that manor...suddenly I feel really dirty.....in a bad way...
Welcome to the world of Otakukin. "Otherkin", in the simplest sense, is someone who feels a spiritual connection to a non-human entity. This ranges from "I've always been inexplicably spiritually drawn to ocelots" to animal-centric shamanism.

There are also 'kin who believe themselves to actually be, spiritually, or physically, non-human. This ranges from those who talk about "wolf-like fangs" to those who believe they are the physical and spiritual descendents of marmots.

The fringe groups (like the FantasyNamedDragonKin and Otakukin/Otakin) tend to use Infinite Worlds as their crutch for how they can have the soul of, be a reincarnation of, or even spiritually connected to something entirely fictitious. I've even heard the argument from one particularly vehement SephiKin that every universe has one of each dragon, one Sephiroth, one Uchiha Sasuke, et cetera, which would explain why there are multiple SephiKin or SasuKin in this universe. I think his head asplode when he was asked what makes this universe so special that we would be able to deny another universe its one and only Sephiroth reborn.

It's not all "deranged fluff[ies] with delusions of grandeur".  

Henry Dorsett Case

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:14 pm
What exactly is Dragon magic?

That strikes me as dangerous and scary o,O... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:30 pm
VisasMarr
It's the magic that dragons use to set fluffies on fire then laugh at them. And possibly use their femurs for toothpicks.  

Pelta

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:32 pm
VisasMarr

Calling entities I'm unfamiliar with into a ritual to "do my bidding"/"ask them to do something for me" etc. strikes me as frightening, dangerous, and stupid on my part.

Otherwise I'd say "Dragon magic" is magic that incorporates dragon forms, symbology, or just something having to do with dragons in particular.
Why wouldn't one be able to make dragon thoughforms for calling during ritual, whatever it may be? Or just use a dragon symbol to help visualise intent?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:36 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
But don't you know, by Infinite Worlds Theory, there really was a universe where FF7 happened!

I'm going to pray that this is sarcasm.
It's 01:35 and my sarcasm detector needs blatov (body language and tone of voice).  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:39 pm
missmagpie
VisasMarr
It's the magic that dragons use to set fluffies on fire then laugh at them. And possibly use their femurs for toothpicks.

Bwahahahahaha... btw, I found this great guidebook.. It tells you how to do.. everything.

Kidding aside.

Do some people actually work with Entities that consider themselves Dragons (and therefore are Dragons)? I imagine there must be some. But I am curious to know if those that claim they are working with Dragons, are working with them in actuality (Such as the OP's Friend)? And... What exactly motivates someone to do this?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:44 pm
[Bavi]
VisasMarr

Calling entities I'm unfamiliar with into a ritual to "do my bidding"/"ask them to do something for me" etc. strikes me as frightening, dangerous, and stupid on my part.

Seconded.

[Bavi]

Otherwise I'd say "Dragon magic" is magic that incorporates dragon forms, symbology, or just something having to do with dragons in particular.

This I can see.. But I am not sure I would label it as "Dragon Magic." But then again, I am not sure what I would call it.
"Dragon inspired magic." ? neutral

[Bavi]

Why wouldn't one be able to make dragon thoughforms for calling during ritual, whatever it may be? Or just use a dragon symbol to help visualise intent?

I don't see why not. 3nodding

gah, now I have "Puff the magic dragon" in my head...  

VisasMarr

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:47 pm
VisasMarr
And... What exactly motivates someone to do this?
A deathwish? Seeing an entity with much more power than them and wanting to *shudder* use it?

Or maybe they just read too much fantasy as a child.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:03 pm
VisasMarr
[Bavi]

This I can see.. But I am not sure I would label it as "Dragon Magic." But then again, I am not sure what I would call it.
"Dragon inspired magic." ? neutral
Maybe. "Dragon type magic"?
Can anyone really practice magic invoking actual European-esque dragons?

VisasMarr
[Bavi]

I don't see why not. 3nodding

gah, now I have "Puff the magic dragon" in my head...
At least it's not the "Dragon Tales" theme xp  

Elizabeth Tarion

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:48 pm
reagun ban
Henry Dorsett Case
But don't you know, by Infinite Worlds Theory, there really was a universe where FF7 happened!

I'm going to pray that this is sarcasm.
It's 01:35 and my sarcasm detector needs blatov (body language and tone of voice).
Ofcourse it was xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces