Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}
Metal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of the following bands do you think came out first?
  Living Sacrifice
  Tourniquet
  Mortal Treason
View Results

[WolfVs.Wolf]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:44 am
There was a free concert at my local Mall a few wks ago! I invited a few of my non-Christian friends! Wavorly & Dizmas were the ONLY bands I stayed for but Deciple was playing & Kutless was headlining. Unfortunately I didn't stay cuz muh friends got cold & bored! I coulda stayed all nite but since they were stayin at my place for the nite It would have been rude for me to stay and have em go! But the main thing is Dizmas was off the hook & I got to spend time with good friends!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:20 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Fushigi na Butterfly
I've only ever heard of Demon Hunter. Do you have any mp3's you could upload and post here? I'd love to hear what they sound like. 3nodding

Here's a YouTube video for you and for Lethkar:

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCoih1G9_Q

It was pretty good until the guy started singing.

I take it you don't like the screamo???  

GuardianAngel44

NeoJoker786

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:44 am
Well, I'm actually listening to Demon Hunter's next CD right now (got it pre-ordered), that is... the Deluxe Fan Edition, and I love all the things that came with it (esp. the music CD and necklace). And whoever says Christian Metal is an oxymoron/contradiction should listen to that CD. It has the most relevant Christian lyrics of any heavy metal band I've heard.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:36 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Fushigi na Butterfly
I've only ever heard of Demon Hunter. Do you have any mp3's you could upload and post here? I'd love to hear what they sound like. 3nodding

Here's a YouTube video for you and for Lethkar:

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCoih1G9_Q

It was pretty good until the guy started singing.

I take it you don't like the screamo???
Actually, some of my favorite bands have screamers. In fact, Devin Townsend is one of my favorite vocalists.

But just like singers, there are good screamers and bad screamers.

Good screamers: Lamb of God, Strapping Young Lad, Opeth, Daath, etc.

Bad screamers: Static X, Slipknot, and whatever the hell I just listened to, etc.  

Lethkhar

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:54 pm
Seriously, you should listen to Theocracy. They're Christian Melodic Power Metal. They are an up an coming band with only one album out, but they are going to release another album soon. I don't even have their first album, but I just found them the other day via internet. Their song Ichtus is about persecution and the early church, and other stuff like that. They have a myspace. Its www.myspace.com/theocracyband

To see a video of them rehearsing, click Here  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:42 pm
I know most of them XD I know, for a girl to listen to metal, you don't find it often.  

Icipher Infinite

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:30 pm
Yeah. Most of the girls I know don't like metal. They like rock or rap. I'm kinda a rocker/metalhead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:01 pm
Girls who like metal are awesome, just like girls who play video games and play the guitar.

They're few and far between, though. sad  

Lethkhar

x unobstructed pencil x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:19 am
I love Red! They are totally and completely awesome...

"Breathe Into Me"

LISTEN TO IT!!!

eek eek eek

I also like Thousand Foot Krutch, even though they aren't that heavy... their new album "The Flame in all of Us" is their heaviest one in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As I Lay Dying!!!!!!!!!!!! Lead guitarist. You should see his tapping solos (tapping: strumming the neck of the guitar instead of the head without the pick).  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 pm
GuardianAngel44
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As I Lay Dying!!!!!!!!!!!! Lead guitarist. You should see his tapping solos (tapping: strumming the neck of the guitar instead of the head without the pick).

As I Lay Dying is alright. Kind of generic, but they're not bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:40 pm
If you like them, then try August Burns Red. They're pretty similar, but the screamo's a little different. As I Lay Dying is probably better.  

GuardianAngel44

Commando Omnipants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:55 pm
Ah, yes. I like a lot of those. Christian metal is good, though the OC Supertones are awesome as well.  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff