Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Recommend a Book to the AAY Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:53 pm
You have a monkey wrapped around your leg, which reminds me of Elphaba's pet monkey in the book, Wicked  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:57 pm
WOW. you are so BLUE, kind of like me. I definately recomend The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint. its outrageous! whee  

8minbefore

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 pm
Your name has something do with time...so does Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, the third in the series.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:17 pm
Oh, but darling! You simply have exquisite taste in exotic clothing! Run off right now to the book store and read the Claidi Journals by Tanith Lee. Go, on, go read them, you know you want to!  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:10 am
You have clothes on that remind me of a school uniform...read A Great and Terrible Beauty, because it takes place at a school...and it is good. Then when you are done, read the sequel, Rebel Angels.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:29 pm
Thanks for the rec! Loved them both.

And for you I recommend Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce. You seem fiery, just like Ali.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:32 pm
Tee hee, thanks. I love Tamora Pierce and Ali's books were good. heart

Okay, you've changed your avi so now I recommend...oh gosh, I guess The Compass Rose by Gail Dayton, because you are standing in a rose. It is a little strange, but a very good book! Then when you are finished, read the sequel The Barbed Rose. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:25 pm
I might have recommended this for you already, but I was just thinking about it...Piratica and Piratica II by Tanith Lee. My sister lent the 1st to me and it's such a good adventure!  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

- I-is-a-Ninja -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:42 pm
You've got lots of roses, read the Circle of Magic quartet by Tamora Pierce (one of the characters has plant magic) The first one is called Sandry's Book  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:15 pm
The flower in your hair and the rest of your outfit seems like you appreciate nature, like the heroine of Running With the Demon, a great short book by Terry Brooks.  

Lady Pole
Crew

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:03 pm
First of all, I have to say that I love your avi! heart

Anyways, because of your hair and dress, your remind me a little of Cinderella! I recomend Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix (I think), because it is a different take on the classic Cinderella story...and one of my favourite books of all time! It is very short, but very, very excellent! heart I realize I have recommended this to other people, but it is so good! Also, you could read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, which is another neat take on the story.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:27 pm
If you like Gail Carlson Levine, I would suggest the Two Princess of Barimore. (I think I spelled that right...) It was really good, I read it a while ago!  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:55 pm
I think it is spelt more like "Bamarre" or something like that...I read it very, very long ago and I liked it, though I hated the ending...but enough of that!

I remember that you like Celtic things, so I recommend An Earthly Knight by Janet McNaughton, because it takes place in Scotland. I remember that it was one of my favourite books at the time I read it. It is really good! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:45 pm
Ah, yes, now I remember! And that sounds awesome, I'll have to add that to "The List."

You like art, I believe? Definitely read The Picture Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items