Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Mpreg? Gross, wrong, or misunderstood? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riosin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:35 pm

--
    Now color me silly if you please, but I have always been under the opinion that mpreg is unattractive. Regular female pregnancy is scary if not disgusting to me. Changing the gender dosen't exactly change my view point. This isn't a bash on the people who like and/or write mpreg fics. It's just really not my style.
    --

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:49 pm
Oh, just for the record. I'd only really be interested in reading mpreg in an original story. Somehow it just seems.. not good to have in a fic. Nothing against anyone who reads 'em.  

Skizzors
Crew

Chakura

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:52 pm
i used to be okay w/ Mpreg usually it was in GW w/ Duo having the child and Heero being the dad. It also usually comes out from some freak science experiment. In HP w/ Draco and Harry one of those usually get pregent and I always wonde how it was gonna work. I think the best ex was a story where Draco had a kid in an orb and such.
But now I dun like it as much, I feel like its kinda odd.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:49 pm
Depends who its with o___O Like if its SnapexHagrid Mpreg NO

But if its about Sora and Roxas and how when Roxas goes to Antlantica he is a merMAID and some how gets pregnant so that when he goes out of Antlantica its now mpreg~ then yeah, its just misunderstood... xD  

Capsulle

Aged Gaian

Mayze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:41 am
I don't mind it? I actually like it to a point, I mean I even have characters I've created myself who race can have men who have babies (Just Fae though. No other race but meh Fae)

But I think I'm tolerant of it mostly from all the HP Fanfics I've read over the years. I figure as long as you can give a good reason as to how the men can have babies, I don't mind. But just saying "Well, it's cause I want them to, and there'll be no explanations..." It irks and bugs me and turns me away at once.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:53 pm
For the most part, I don't like Mpreg. I've read one, but only because I liked the author. She pulled it off well.  

Degrees of Kitten

Sei-Knight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:30 pm
Personally I don't mind Mpreg. Sometimes its cute. I usually read the ones with Joey and Kaiba from Yugioh and Usually Joey's the one that gets knocked up. I don't know. I like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:36 pm
One of the reasons I like Yaoi is that no one can get pregnant! Nothing screws up a hot kinky relationship like "Whoops, I knocked you up."

XD.  

High5MyRemix

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Sei-Knight
Personally I don't mind Mpreg. Sometimes its cute. I usually read the ones with Joey and Kaiba from Yugioh and Usually Joey's the one that gets knocked up. I don't know. I like it.

Nothing on you or your prefs but I cannot picture Jou pregnant. It boggles my mind. Same with Kaiba. There's just way too much testosterone floating around in that relationships for any pregnancies to happen. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:13 pm
I honestly don't see the appeal behind MPreg, and I refuse to read anything with it unless someone explains to me why it has happened in a logical and necessary manner. Which, of course, has never happened. The typical reason seems to be that it would be 'cute' for these two men to have teh reel babey together, but something like that just takes the realism out for me.
So, well, I just try to stay as far away from it as humanly possible.  

Rosemary-of-the-Sun

dirphenomenon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:18 pm
mpreg? i'm sure that i wouldn't want to read yaoi that involves guys in pregnancy. it's eww...and wrong gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:20 pm
LadyNox
Sei-Knight

Nothing on you or your prefs but I cannot picture Jou pregnant. It boggles my mind. Same with Kaiba. There's just way too much testosterone floating around in that relationships for any pregnancies to happen. lol

ooh..i love jou and kaiba pairings!! heart what?! jou getting pregnant? i've always thought jou being the uke but not getting knocked up. weird confused  

dirphenomenon

Tsukiko Milani

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:17 pm
kageling
I'm not particularly into it myself, but I make it a point not to bash anyone else's preferences. It can be done well, I'll tell you that.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:29 pm
The problem is that it's not done well that often. Sometimes you don't get an explaination on why it happened. Or you get it as a sticky sweet romance where a perfect angel of a baby makes everything better. Or it's just inaccurate and badly written. I'll read an MPREG if it's been recommended but not otherwise.  

Sadara Everbrook

Romantic Gekko

5,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Kurai no Kuria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:41 pm
I never really got it either. I tend to avoid mpreg like the plague but I've read one that I really liked.
Hm..it's a Naruto/Sasuke called "No One Saw This Coming" by Gigabomb in which Naruto gets pregnant and they all hypothesized it was caused by a jutsu and the father could be Kakashi's cuz...Kakashi hit Naruto upside the head after the fight.
I dunno, usually mpreg just wants to mesh yaoi and being pregnant together which is a bit odd and there's the filling in a role cliche thing that I personally dislike.
But if well written, I'd be willing to read.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff