popular misconceptions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:12 pm
+lovingly goth+

i dont think im overracting because he does this on EVERTHING! it gets really old.

It's his nature.

And he's not doing anything but being objective.

I suggest you look up the definition of such a standpoint. I get the feeling you don't know what it means.

Or perhaps you're simply intimidated by one who is able to take such a stance.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:59 pm
Neon~Starshine
Is it just me, or are the best people those who deviate most from "normal" society?

The best people I've ever met are Goths.

The worst are preppies.

Granted, there are exceptions, but that's how it tends to be. Yet if a Goth and a preppie, but with the same apparent people-skills, expereince, etc., go in for the same job interview, who gets the job? The preppie, of course.

Just today, my boyfriend, who is very professional and a very valued employee at the engineering firm he works at, met a very important client today, and the guy totally looked down on him because he has his lip and eyebrow peirced.

What kind of misconceptions have you had to deal with because of your physical appearence?

I like how people claim to be discriminated against due to stereotypes yet use stereotypes to describe others.

Smoooth.

Point two: There is a professional appearance that one is expected to maintain. I don't care how many people go against it, it will still be expected of them. Even now, it's still pretty risque in some situations for women to wear pants-suits instead of skirts. The point of professional dress is to not offend ANYONE. Companies deal with people from different cultures, different religions, political views, everything.

Most corporate attire I've heard of doesn't allow for any body modifications, women should wear makeup to cover any imperfections in skin, hell, some men do too. Manicured nails, no religious symbols, modest skirts, pants at proper height, business jackets, heels for women, shoes for men... etc. If you're in a meeting with a conservative associate from Saudi Arabia, and you had a lip ring in, he'd probably be thinking about that instead of what you're really talking about anyways.

Yes, I think it's wrong to prejudice against the way people look in their free time, but work is work. If you're in a professional white-collar firm, you're expected to dress conservatively. If you want more leeway, find a more liberal job. I'm majoring in Accounting, I'll be in an Accounting Firm everyday, and I don't expect to be wearing my black eyeliner or all six of my piercings in each ear. XD

2aetH

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:33 am
Neon~Starshine
Is it just me, or are the best people those who deviate most from "normal" society?

The best people I've ever met are Goths.

The worst are preppies.

Granted, there are exceptions, but that's how it tends to be. Yet if a Goth and a preppie, but with the same apparent people-skills, expereince, etc., go in for the same job interview, who gets the job? The preppie, of course.

Just today, my boyfriend, who is very professional and a very valued employee at the engineering firm he works at, met a very important client today, and the guy totally looked down on him because he has his lip and eyebrow peirced.

What kind of misconceptions have you had to deal with because of your physical appearence?

Alright for instance I try to get a job, and as soon as they see me dresses in a tanktop and black baggie jeans along with having a attitude that I am not worried or nervouse and they cant make me nervouse they look at me like holy s**t you've gotta be crazy. Then i leave and dont get a job then this preppie dude gets the job, he does weed, drinks, the whole nine yard. Me im clean.
Hey you get use to it, most of us are making it through or have made it through high School. For the regulars best time they ever had, for the abnormal its a test. Oh and just in case your wondering im not that heavy of a goth http://www.myspace.com/samuria890 check my myspace and you shall see, appearance wise. Belief wise yes im a very heavy goth.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff