Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Slapdash phrases and Assumptions in the Pagan Scene Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 pm
...Another one is that all Pagan paths are "earth based" and every Pagan has to be a tree-hugging hippie vegetarian because it's their reliiiiiiigion.

(P.S. Kudzu quietly aknowledges that she is a tree-hugging hippie vegetarian but insists that it has nothing to do with her religion.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:14 pm
[Kudzu]

(P.S. Kudzu quietly aknowledges that she is a tree-hugging hippie vegetarian but insists that it has nothing to do with her religion.)

I'm a yippie. A yuppie hippie, at least as much as I can.
Again, nothing really to do with my religion, but it does make things easier.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:33 pm
[Kudzu]

There are even Pagans who hunt deer and ducks with guns! *mock shock*
~drools~ And Elk, and boar and ..... yeah. twisted

deadmanjake

Another thing I hear a lot is that pagans are more open minded than any other religion.
This is my favorite. Especially when leveled at another pagan who is "closed minded" by an "open minded pagan" who refuses to acknowledge another's position.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:44 am
VisasMarr
For some reason, discussion with people in the pagan scene that I don't even know, seem to come to who was who in their past life.

Personally I love how an insane amount of pagans were really Cleopatra in a past life. No one ever seems to have boring past lives...

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm new  

glindella

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:50 am
glindella
VisasMarr
For some reason, discussion with people in the pagan scene that I don't even know, seem to come to who was who in their past life.

Personally I love how an insane amount of pagans were really Cleopatra in a past life. No one ever seems to have boring past lives...

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm new

My Mom was a goatherd in Siberia in a past life who died in a snowstorm. 3nodding The closest I've come to remembering a past life is a flash of existing in the fifties and wearing a poodle skirt; I would have been twelve or thirteen.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:55 am
Honestly though, most of my interactions with any pagans occur online. I have only met a few pagans not online. The ones I have met, I didn't like, and didn't want to have a thing to do with. These types of encounters usually happened at the various metaphysical/occult shops in the city.
This one shop-owner (The shop is called "A Sense of Serenity") who, while a nice person, she constantly gives out false information about various cultures and traditions, and I'm pretty sure when someone asks her about some object she makes it up from the top of her head. It drives me nuts, so I don't really shop there. One of the other shops here in the city "The Sanctuary" is also a punk/goth/alternative fashion store so it's full of lots of "scene people" who for some reason are real assholish when they're in the store. As if someone who chooses to be "regular" shouldn't shop there...  

VisasMarr

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:29 am
[Kudzu]

I'm a tree-hugging vegetarian, going vegan hippy. Part of my philosophy has to do with my religion, but only a very little of it. The rest is because that's just the way I am, I suppose.

I don't get into the whole past life. I'm fairly convinced I've had a life in ancient Egypt, given how drawn I've been to it ever since I was child, but nothing for certain. And I doubt I was anyone famous.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:44 am
[Kudzu]
the opposite always pisses me off.

seriously. yes, ADF has it's nature based aspects. part of one of our lessons in the Dedicant's program is to connect with nature and culture an awareness. for some reason, a number of people then directly leap onto vegetarianism and veganism or strictly organic, and think it's a logical jump.

added to that, they start getting a "holier-than-thou-art" attitude, because they're "more in tune with nature because they won't eat the cute animals". all the while neglecting to see that their collection of cds, fascination with computers and own car is not "in tune" and that animals in nature regularly kill each other to eat and live. meanwhile, plants somehow still seem to not deserve the same "respect" they pay the cute fluffy animals.

stare stare stare

i respect vegetarians, vegans and organics...who do it for reasons other than attempting to feel better about themselves or saying that they're more aware of nature. i specifically loathe hypocrites. bugger all.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

glindella

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:24 am
Deoridhe
glindella
VisasMarr

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm new

My Mom was a goatherd in Siberia in a past life who died in a snowstorm. 3nodding The closest I've come to remembering a past life is a flash of existing in the fifties and wearing a poodle skirt; I would have been twelve or thirteen.

Im pretty sure I was a farm girl from around where I live now somewhere in the mid to late 1800's who drown in a pond/stream. I love to swim so I guess the previous death hasnt affected me too much  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:08 pm
glindella
Deoridhe
glindella
VisasMarr

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm new

Im pretty sure I was a farm girl from around where I live now somewhere in the mid to late 1800's who drown in a pond/stream. I love to swim so I guess the previous death hasnt affected me too much

I thought I might have commited suicide in a past life, as I had vivid "memories" about jumping off a cliff (not in a recreational way). But I'm pretty sure that was just suicide ideation.
hahaha......... :/  

VisasMarr

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:17 pm
Deoridhe
"he always was the loudmouth"

Oh, does that make me giggle. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:42 pm
deadmanjake
You are special because you are Pagan.
Or you are pagan because you are special. That's a popular fluffy one.

I don't know how often you have to put up with people who just can't be louder about how special they are. "I see auras! I'm getting a really good vibe off of you! Wow! I tried a spell and it actually worked! It must be because I'm more honed and enlightened than anyone else..."

Though of course we've heard all the fluffiness before...  

Pelta

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:50 pm
glindella
Dated a girl who was Boudica, Joan of Arc, Molly Pitcher, Mary Magdalene, and Susie Schnerr (mentioned in/subject of James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" and "Another Day"), and probably others I can't remember.

Oh, and YHWH's daughter.

rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:17 pm
Ooh, ooh, I got one!

When I say that I'm a "Traditional Political Conservative" and other pagans immediately think I'm a Bible-thumper who wants to put Jesus in the schools and the government in the bedroom, never-you-mind that what it means is almost exactly the opposite.  

Henry Dorsett Case

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:12 pm
phoenix shadowwolf
[Kudzu]
the opposite always pisses me off.
666.5 Love.

Quote:
for some reason, a number of people then directly leap onto vegetarianism and veganism or strictly organic, and think it's a logical jump.

added to that, they start getting a "holier-than-thou-art" attitude, because they're "more in tune with nature because they won't eat the cute animals".
This makes me giggle.

There is something about being on the river for hours, or up to my hips in mud and deer urine that makes me feel in tune with nature. twisted  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff