Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
MCR, taking back sunday, system of a down, aiden Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gdrockson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:11 am
Rellik San
MCRCptJackDavyFanGirl
I can't say how much I love MCR!! whee
Yeah most MCR fans have that problem when I'm around... something about being gagged whilst I pour petrol over them seems to be the cause but I can't be too sure.

Hahaha. Oh god.

Go find those self-righteous MCR lovers who think no one else likes them like they do, and they know absolutely everything about them. And that the third CD is trash. Its different, not trash. Its just as bad to only like the third as it is to only like the second, or only like the third.

I'd appreciate being spared from the petrol, though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:14 am
THE HALFBLOOD PR1NCE
Maggoty Anne
System of a down are good, but they aren't gothic at all.

Yeah, none of them are really. Aiden and My Chem are close but they're horror-punk, not goth.

And if Aiden is horror-punk, I think the whole horror-punk genre needs to be afraid. No pun-well, okay, the pun was intended a little bit.  

gdrockson

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am
gdrockson
Rellik San
MCRCptJackDavyFanGirl
Yeah most MCR fans have that problem when I'm around... something about being gagged whilst I pour petrol over them seems to be the cause but I can't be too sure.

Hahaha. Oh god.

Go find those self-righteous MCR lovers who think no one else likes them like they do, and they know absolutely everything about them. And that the third CD is trash. Its different, not trash. Its just as bad to only like the third as it is to only like the second, or only like the third.

You do know my hatred of them and their fans has nothing to do with them musically right? Its my personal vendetta against Gerard Way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:21 am
gdrockson
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Yeah, none of them are really. Aiden and My Chem are close but they're horror-punk, not goth.

Aiden and My Chemical Romance aren't close to goth whatsoever. Nor are they horror-punk. And on that note, horror-punk and goth are almost nothing alike.

Aiden is post-hardcore, while My Chemical Romance is pop-rock.

Pop-rock?!!?

Honestly, we have to stop labeling these bands. Pop is Britney Spears. We do not call My Chemical Romance POP-rock. Click Five, remember them?, they were pop-rock. They sing about love. I really truly dont mind if you hate them, you can hate every song, it'll just make me a little depressed. I question if you can not love/hate them.

Would you prefer we assign them the name Bubblegum rock... and for the record, there are different types of pop... Britney is Bubblegum Pop... pop meaning 'popular musician'.  

Rellik San
Crew

gdrockson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 am
Rellik San
gdrockson
Rellik San
MCRCptJackDavyFanGirl

Hahaha. Oh god.

You do know my hatred of them and their fans has nothing to do with them musically right? Its my personal vendetta against Gerard Way.

I did not know that.

All I know is that Im really sick of being judged in my school because A, they label me as a diehard fan and think I only listen to the "goth" stuff. Or B, I'm labeled as some fake who only likes Black Parade and never listens/listened to the other albums, or C, I'm lame cause they suck, or D, they label me in general. Thats just dumb.

There is no way-I just hate labels in general. Pathetic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:49 am
Rellik San
gdrockson
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Aiden and My Chemical Romance aren't close to goth whatsoever. Nor are they horror-punk. And on that note, horror-punk and goth are almost nothing alike.

Pop-rock?!!?

Honestly, we have to stop labeling these bands. Pop is Britney Spears. We do not call My Chemical Romance POP-rock. Click Five, remember them?, they were pop-rock. They sing about love. I really truly dont mind if you hate them, you can hate every song, it'll just make me a little depressed. I question if you can not love/hate them.

Would you prefer we assign them the name Bubblegum rock... and for the record, there are different types of pop... Britney is Bubblegum Pop... pop meaning 'popular musician'.

The point was that pop shouldn't be in their label whatsoever. I dont think bubblegum fits either.

I'd prefer we'd just stop trying to name all these bands, I get so tired of it. What's a good example...aha. Panic! At the Disco. They dont really fit anything. They're not emo, they arent emotional. So people just started like, making up names for them. They've had like, fifty different labels in their six months of fame.

I keep naming really cheesy bands, haha. I listen to more than this, just so you know.  

gdrockson

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:52 pm
gdrockson
Rellik San
gdrockson
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Pop-rock?!!?

The point was that pop shouldn't be in their label whatsoever. I dont think bubblegum fits either.

I'd prefer we'd just stop trying to name all these bands, I get so tired of it. What's a good example...aha. Panic! At the Disco. They dont really fit anything. They're not emo, they arent emotional. So people just started like, making up names for them. They've had like, fifty different labels in their six months of fame.

I keep naming really cheesy bands, haha. I listen to more than this, just so you know.

Why shouldn't pop be in their classification, are they not a popular (for some unknown reason) band? and genres of music help us to find other bands we may like because they play in a similar style, so they serve a purpose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:03 am
gdrockson

The band calls themselves pop, and that's what they are, regardless of whether you like the term or not.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Spirit_of_Midnight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:21 pm
Taking Back Sunday - C
My Chemical Romance - A+++++
System of a Down - B+
Aiden - ???  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:57 am
POTC4ever
Taking Back Sunday - C
My Chemical Romance - A+++++
System of a Down - B+
Aiden - ???

Your grade at music....

F -----------

YOU PHAIL!

BAD!

*Whacks with newspaper*  

Rellik San
Crew

Opium Hooker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:38 am
I used to like MCR, but they are over rated, plus they canceled both concerts that i was going to go to. 1st, the day of the concert, and 2nd, The day before.

Taking Back Sunday is emo-er than emo.

SoaD, Rocks ^^

and Aiden, well...
emo .  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:41 am
Though, its pretty hot seeing Gerard and Frankie make out on stage wink  

Opium Hooker

DioRte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:28 pm
gdrockson
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Pop-rock?!!?

I agree with Maggoty Anne. None of them are goth in the LEAST. Especially Taking Back Sunday. They are like, the anti-goth. Well, okay, not that far. Not goth though.

Actually everyone who's labeled MCR pop-rock is completely right. Pop is just anything that's popular [makes you think how they got the name doesn't it?] I started reading this thread and it went from people giving their opinions on the bands to people just mindlessly proclaiming their love for MCR. If it's on MTV/Fuse/any other music channel, it's pop. Get your damn genres straight, take a music class maybe?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:54 pm
DioRte
gdrockson
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Pop-rock?!!?

I agree with Maggoty Anne. None of them are goth in the LEAST. Especially Taking Back Sunday. They are like, the anti-goth. Well, okay, not that far. Not goth though.

Actually everyone who's labeled MCR pop-rock is completely right. Pop is just anything that's popular [makes you think how they got the name doesn't it?] I started reading this thread and it went from people giving their opinions on the bands to people just mindlessly proclaiming their love for MCR. If it's on MTV/Fuse/any other music channel, it's pop. Get your damn genres straight, take a music class maybe?

...MCR is pop-rock, but being pop has NOTHING to do with being popular. I know hundreds of pop bands that aren't at all popular. Pop is a style of music.

MCR fully and completely embraces that style of music. Their music is major-key, heavily melodic, and features crisp vocals, simple arrangements, and a danceable drum beat. There isn't anything about their music that isn't pop-rock.  

GilAskan
Crew

DioRte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:38 pm
No, Pop is anything that's popular, albeit it rock, country, metal, etc. Pop isn't really a genre as much as a brand labelling a band popular. I'm taking Music Appreciation right now and one of the first things we learned is genres, Pop included.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff