Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Music That Isn't Great Yet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:27 am
boy_no_13
whapcapn
and_solo_said
THE DARKNESS!!!!If they do not release a new album within the next 3 weeks, please ignore that statement

The Darkness covered Street Spirit. Therefore, Justin Hawkins must hang.

And possibly be drawn and quartered too.

Great (or at least should be great) British bands- Once Over heart They describe themselves as 100mph skacore, and thats just about right, they come from Worthing, near Brighton, and have finally gotr a record deal and their album comes out in July, go here: Once Over MySpace to listen to them in all their glory, just as i shall be tonight- hurrah for bands pulling out!
Wow, I rambled a bit, sorry, but I really love Once Over, the world needs more ska!

I might have a look later. Right now I'm listening to lemon jelly, and the two might not good ear-fellows make.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:58 am
Has anyone ever heard of 'Hounds of the Basking Village'?

I doubt you have, they are a REALLY small time band (They play in a club down the road from where I live). What's more, they are terrible. They do weird goth metal covers of Sherlock Holmes stories...It is hilarious, if a tad loud

and_sarah_said

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:35 am
Furora Celtica

I doubt you have, they are a REALLY small time band (They play in a club down the road from where I live). What's more, they are terrible. They do weird goth metal covers of Sherlock Holmes stories...It is hilarious, if a tad loud
Get us a sample, will ya?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:38 am
Furora Celtica

Oh, typing in red now, are we? I thought that was Owen's color...? ninja  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:47 am
Nebelstern
Furora Celtica

Simon, he is always switching colour.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:10 am
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
Furora Celtica

Simon, he is always switching colour.

Yey! You used my GATMOB signiture! That really makes you feel appreciated, you know, seeing your work in use.  

Ph_ish

Ares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:18 am
I am starting to like Bloc Party currently.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:00 am
Ares

eek STARTING!?!?!?

They're a great band.

As are Do Me Bad Things.

As are Idlewild. In particular "Love Steals Us From Loneliness' is a smashing track.

Went to see the Subways the other day. They're not that well known yet, but boy did they rock.

User Image

And the bassist is hot. *drools*

And the Editors. They basically plagerise Interpol and Joy Division but again, I went to see them and it was ******** great.

davidcrossfan06

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:15 am
Yes!!! A fellow Idlewild-er!! Huzzah!
Have you got their new album?
heart xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:46 am
Nebelstern
heart xd

Beauty of it is, I work in a record store. surprised So I stick it on whenever I want, to an extent. But no, I don't own it.

I prefer radiohead. heart lol heart

davidcrossfan06

boy_no_13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:38 am
j0sef
Nebelstern
heart xd

Beauty of it is, I work in a record store. surprised So I stick it on whenever I want, to an extent. But no, I don't own it.

*Jealousy* I dont know if jealousy is an an action, but what the hell...

has anyone heard of Rachel Stamp? They have 2 albums, and another coming out soon, but nobody seems to know who they are- think Placebo, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson and some emo band all mixed together then add glitter and synth!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:18 am
j0sef
Ares

eek STARTING!?!?!?

They're a great band.

As are Do Me Bad Things.

As are Idlewild. In particular "Love Steals Us From Loneliness' is a smashing track.

Went to see the Subways the other day. They're not that well known yet, but boy did they rock.

User Image

And the bassist is hot. *drools*

And the Editors. They basically plagerise Interpol and Joy Division but again, I went to see them and it was ******** great.

Yes!!! A fellow DMBTer!!! Huzzah!
Have you got their album? heart xd

I've heard of the Subways, but not heard them. If they get big, it will be good for us female bassists everywhere.  

Ph_ish

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:16 pm
boy_no_13
j0sef
Nebelstern
heart xd

*Jealousy* I dont know if jealousy is an an action, but what the hell...

has anyone heard of Rachel Stamp? They have 2 albums, and another coming out soon, but nobody seems to know who they are- think Placebo, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson and some emo band all mixed together then add glitter and synth!

Great band. I was a bit miffed to hear Robin left. I saw them at the Charlotte in January of 2002 (I think it was the 12th, a Tuesday) and they were great. David singled me out for shouting like a boy though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:27 pm
Reuben, Do me bad things.  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:59 am
Turin Brakes. biggrin  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers