Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime distributed through YouTube: Right or wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lewis therin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:16 am
kay i live in ireland and barely any anime dvds get over here at all. the rarest anime you can get in ireland on dvd is tenchi so you can imagine that one would go crazy not bein able to watch any anime and ive no credit card yet so know ordering dvds of the net.thats where youtube comes in...plus when did ye all become such cowards.. we all know the companies in question will still be loaded...cd's can be burned and bands still make millions, same principal for anime companies so all you morally correct types can get right off that high horse.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am
the only time i have used you tube was when i was visiting home and my sister wanted to show me some naruto episodes. i used to be a massive user of bit torrent. but what was nice about it was that as soon as it was announced to be lisenced, they would remove all links to getting the newly to be lisneced show. i really don't know. i think that sales have been taking a hit way before you tube came out. the fact that it's so much easier and faster probably added to the loss in sales. but, i do believe that a true fan will buy it anyway. it also adds exposure to shows that would not have been seen otherwise. what about those sales? a true fan will buy the shows. they have a massive marketing power at their fingertips, they just need to know how to use it.  

starbubbles

Sparkly Millionaire

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:03 am
Un, I only use YouTube for things that aren't in America yet, but I will buy the split second they come to America (money isn't really an issue --- well, okay, yes it is, but you know, I can still buy anime at a decent rate, I just don't have all of it...). Things like Pretty Cure, Ouran High School Host Club, Princess Princess, Angels Feather, etc. aren't in America yet, and until they are, I will probably watch fansubs/non-subbed. I watch Naruto on YouTube because... well, I know for a fact that I'll have preordered the uncut box set a month in advance (already have for the one coming out in December). The only other things I watch on YouTube are things 4Kids have made.... I always buy the 4Kids dubs of the DVDs, because I don't mind them, but I rely on YouTube for the much better, uncut, versions.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:46 am
I've watched anime many times on youtube. And the reason is that I can't get it from anywhere else, because they don't sell much anime in our country and if they do, they cost ALOT more than in, for example, USA. Even manga here cost more... crying *hates Finland*

So maybe I do use it, youtube, I mean, but if I didn't use it, I would download it, and isn't that even worse? neutral but I couldn't live with out anime, and yes, I know, I coul order it from somewhere else, but it would cost alot and plus many packages get stuck in the what's it called again? O.o; customs? or what ever, when it get's stuck, I have to pay nearly dople the price... So, not fun at all... >.<

but yeah, I know it's illegal, but still I would be very sad, if they would delete them... crying  

Kesakeru

Kuroshiro360

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:46 pm
I am totally against youtube. So many people would actually watch entire series of anime shows/movies on youtube. The quality is so horrible, and it sounds so bad. I'd rather download them instead of streaming it.

Also, its not being supportive just to watch the shows for free. Speaking of supportiveness.. I just spent a total $150 on various stores for anime dvds, collectables, and stuff last week. If nobody supports the shows, then, there wouldn't be anymore. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:43 pm
anyways... by far. I've already watched a lot of animes thanks to youtube. Even if you could say it's somewhat illegal... what can we do. They put them up and it's their fault ~ we're just watching what's available and it isn't our problem in the first place. It just depends on you yourselves.
Since i don't practically have any TV here ~ and our heroTV. got cut off. + i still have to register for animax in my stupid cable provider .... i find it easier to watch it in the net.

I've already finished a lot there... like blood+ and the first season of tsubasa chronicles. there's a lot more but mind you i won't write it... it's too long. Anyhow. I don't want you tube to remove the animes because technically. that's my one source of entertainment for weekends and I can't download limewire cuz my comp won't be able to friggin take it. [i only have one and a half gig left so you get the idea ^^................]

And... ive tried bit torrent before... it didn't work for the first time. :sigh: in you tube... you can just search for something that you like and play it w/ your flash player that comes for free ~ while in other sites... wahh. troublesome.

but... googtube???... WTF. ew.

Chie Sieka

niiisa-!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:02 pm
well.. some eps from youtubes are downloaded from another site. So i think its illegal. Music videos are actually uploaded by the owner themselves and they usually get the clips from sites. I think youtube is just the same thing as some of the sites ((which gives you anime vids and episodes)) only that u can watch it directly instead of downloading it first.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:12 am
umm...I love Youtube. I'm kinda happy that they show you anime and stuff. I mean...it sucks cuz its like stealing from the companys but I cant help it. I'm too poor to buy anything and I'm not ever allowed outside of my house. The computer it the only thing that i got. And i use my computet well. The only times i watch anime is when it on tv, or YouTube...so i'm for it at the moment.  

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100

Transatlantic Ace

Shy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:43 pm
It depends if it is licensed or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:36 pm
Posted today on Anime News Network:

Quote:
YouTube Sends Founders to Japan
posted on 2006-12-20 17:42 EST
Executives will meet with JASRAC to discuss copyright concerns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube executives will send a delegation to Japan as part of a response to a letter this month from the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC) that expressed "serious concern" over the site's hosting copyrighted video clips.

YouTube previously removed more than 30,000 clips from its site after receiving a demand in October from the group and 22 other firms including public broadcaster NHK, major film studios, and Web rivals such as Yahoo Japan.

"FUNimation has also contacted YouTube and is utilizing YouTube's Content Verification Tool and has submitted over 2,000 videos for removal because of invalid copyright permssion," Senior Brand Manager Lance Heiskell tells ANN.

I had no idea that some action was taken back in October of this year. Sure didn't feel like it since i was still able to find the anime i wanted on YouTube since October. Still it changes nothing. I still watch anime on YouTube to decide wether i would buy the anime to own in the future.

With this said i'm sure that a lot of stuff is gonna happen in 2007 alone. For some reason there is a possibility that by this time next year that all anime will be deleted from YouTube. Imagine that? eek

Then again, nothing is certain but death. xd

What does everyone feel about this?  

Cola Addict

IronWolf720

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:41 pm
If course its right it alows us poor people free anime  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:15 pm
i agree  

Bishonen_glomper

ruka_panda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:04 pm
Youtube is easier to use when watching anime than downloading it in BitComet... it takes so darn long to even download it there... but if you really like high quality anime watching just be patiet and download it from BitComet and find the BitTorrent for that certain anime...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:00 pm
I use youtube regularly since it's more convenient then torrents but watch bits of series rather to scout out the good ones rather then all of it. It's also preferable to the versions sold elsewhere where the subtitles are so gramatically wrong it makes you want to scream.  

rakusa

Aubrii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:46 pm
i use youtube a lot. i agree with some of the points made, it is so much more convenient than downloading torrents. even though it is of lower quality, what can you expect, really?
i really hope that there'll still be anime left on youtube. i don't have the time or money to go out and actually buy the anime right now. some day, i probably will though.
it is a great way to sample an anime series before you buy it though, i have to agree. without this chance, you might waste your money on an anime series if you bought it without ever having a sample of what its actually like.
and when i saw googtube, i had to laugh. that has got to be one of the stupidest names i have ever heard of. rofl i really hope youtube won't actually be renamed to that horrendous name.

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff