Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Girls, ever get randomly harrassed by creepy people? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever been accosted by a creep on the street?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Celria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:54 am
Whether I am wearing gothic clothing or not, creepy men talk to me in the street, and especially on trains.

I don't think being gothic makes you that much more of a target, I suspect the main thing would be being small, and female. (Not that larger girls don't get street harrasment either.)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:31 am
I get harrassed about everytime I go out. When I go to the pub for breakfast or to sit on the internet, there are always some random guys who walk past me on theyre way to the toilet, and they start talking to me and ask me where I live and stuff like that. They are usually guys over 40, and are drunk by noon... sweatdrop Its not like I am beautiful or a eye-candy. Guys dont look at me twice, but I guess since I am a nerdy-rainbowgoth person, I look fascinating and that attracts them.

I dont like the attention. Social angst victim... xp  

Paico

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:59 am
I don't get approached by creeps on the street, but then again, I don't spend much time on the streets per say. I live in a small town, and the only place I ever have to walk to alone is from my school to my boyfriend's house. Otherwise I'm walking with him. One of my teachers is a creep and I avoid him as much as possible. Thank god he's retiring this year and my younger brother will never have to experience this creepy teacher.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:27 am
Emo~on~Toast
nany2006
XD yeah! IoI

At school,i usualy wear a punky gloves and black clothes(pink and black or black net),every body look at me .......

xp but the one thing i want .....I want them to stop look at me...
question If you want them to not look at you, why do you dress in a conspicuois(Sp?) fasion?

I've nevefr been bothered by creeps... But I only where jeans and really baggy t-shirts. Plus, I'm 15.
because I was super silly! Now I don't wear them... 3nodding  

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:15 pm
it just happened in florida. i almost got frikken raped!!!! ok, so my mom was in the hot tub, and i was leaning on the side of the pool so wouldn't get my hair wet. (not that i have much to get wet, but i just dont like going to bed with wet hair. rolleyes ) anyways, i was talkin to her, n all of the sudden this guy walks onto the patio around the pool. he looks at the pool, walks over to the vending machine and looks at it like, 'whoa. it glows.' then he would walk beck over to the pool and walk back to the vending machine. he did it like, 5 times. then he walked a lil closer to the pool(opposite side from me) and starts sayin stuff to me. he was like, 'hey. how are you. mumblemumblemumblemumble' and then he was like, 'so.... can i do that? is that ok with you?" and i was just like whoa! hold your ponies there buddy! and then he keeps saying stuff that is so perverted and keeps walking around the pool closer to me. of course, my mom being the best mom in the world, doesn't even realize whats going on until he gets... close enough. so she says to me, kinda under her breath but loud enough for him to hear, "olivia, i think its time to get out now." and i was just like thankyou!!!!! you are amazing!!!! but i didn't want to get out because i was wearing a bikini, n, you know. rolleyes so then he was all like, "fine! go ahead! leave!" and he was gettin all mad n stuff n it was really scary. n then this lady n her three kids come down to the pool and he was like "OH, great! just great!" then he started to walk out of the patio and when he walkeed next to her he said something so gross and perverted and stupid and scary. and it was reeally scary. but, you know. since the night was going so well so far(the fire alarm went off and scared the s**t out of me) our toilet had to break and we had to get a new room to pee in. it wasn't a normal hotel. they were little villas. like there were four apartments in a building. so we got another room in the building next to us. so me n my mom were walking over to the next building, and as we walk under the staris, the guy comes out of a room on the second floor, see us, runs down the stairs and starts chasing us. so we ran towards the main building cuz there were a lot of people in there that could see us. and then we ran around the back to our room. nothing happened(well, not really) but it still realy scared me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm
i hate when peopel do this to my friends....they start crying and i get worries as hell about them...i really really hate it, honestly you girls should kick the guy right square in the nuts...ugh people suck  

The Dadalorian

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:22 pm
Since when was it just girls that have to put up with that?

Once, I was wearing my "Kurt Cobain sunglasses" (the kind that he wears in a lot of In Utero-era photos with the white rims) and some of my more... form-fitting, shall we say, attire.

Some creepy fat guy with half a five-o'-clock shadow was making kissy faces at me.

Oftentimes I'll see people (not just men, mind you) just... looking at me, you know the whole "undressing with their eyes" bit, yeah, it's like that.

Usually, I just have to talk to get them to go away- the men realize I'm a male, and the women realize I'm an a*****e.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 pm
i hate when that happens.. my friend is in a band and his bassist is like 20 and he was hugging all over me.. he wouldnt let go... i didnt even knwo him.. we were all hanging out after the show and he came and sat next to me and put hes arms aroudn me.. i hugged him back.. but he didnt let go.. my one friend kendra and i have code and i coded for her to call my cellphone so i would have to move out of hsi arms to answer it. it worked. but he still makes googly eyes at me... it freaks me out  

Darkend Angel Wings

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm
Girls aren't the only ones to get harrased...

I look so much like an uke boy that the creeps (a lot of them just want sex, they don't care the gender) bother me.

I've started carrying around a pocket knife with me, and I hardly go anywhere alone... But if it came down to it... I'd kick (in the nuts) and run.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:12 pm
all i have to say is:
STEEL-TOED COMBAT BOOTS & A BOOT KNIFE

xp  

korinna555

Alison-Wonderland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:18 pm
This gross old man tried to get me to get in his car one time when I was waiting at the bus stop. He's like, "I'll give you a ride if you tell me how to get to capital hill." I gave him the best directions I could, and said that the bus was almost there. Then he's like, well can you come here, I have some paper, will you draw me a map? I was like, "If you want directions, how about asking somebody who can legally drive.

Another guy in a car drove up and asked if I "Wanted to make some money." I asked him how I would go about doing that, he asked me how old I was, I said fourteen (as I was at the time) and he got discouraged and drove away. I never did find out what he actually wanted me to do, but I have some pretty good guesses.

That's pretty much the only time things like that happened to me, but they happen to my ex girlfriend all the time. This one time we were walking downtown, and this crazy old guy comes up, puts his arm around her, and is like "hey baby..." all suggestively. It pissed me off so much! And another time this like 20-something kid runs up and starts yelling about how beautiful she is and how much how much he loves her and would she please go out with him. She's like "I'm a lesbian. And this is my girlfriend." and he goes, "Oh....can I take pictures?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:49 am
If you have big boobs, it will happen despite what you wear.

I am small so I don't have guys following me around. That, and I always look angry.  

Alliecat

-Isel-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:25 pm
Alliecat
If you have big boobs, it will happen despite what you wear.

Um... one of the bassists in my band solves that problem by wearing hooded sweatshirts- oftentimes she'll be confused for a boy then.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:49 pm
No matter how I dress, I tend to get certain looks anf comments from people. I'm generally dressed pretty conservatively... my skirts are never shorter than 2.5" above the knee, and though I do wear low-cut shirts sometimes, I usually don't.

At my school there's really only one clique... a predominantly male mallcore-metal clique, and they tend to hit on me a lot, and try to get me to hang out with them. Only one of them appears to have any respect twoards women, and most of them appear to be pretty unintelligent as well.

When I'm out I get it even worse than at school. Guys, from teen boys to older men, hit on me, look me over, whistle at me, honk at me, and the like.

However, I'm much too polite to do anything more than glare at them... unless they touch me, then they're getting a nice combat boot to the crotch. twisted  

DreamerSpirit

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:38 pm

i get that.
normally from those old lonely guys

but ive learned the magic words.

spin around,facing them,very seriously but kinda quiet, and without blinking say
"Magic jelly beans are growing from my headwound where the flies landed,
so i ventured for scrotum juice but the only one i found was for rash covered scrotums, which is also a problem of mine,so i bought that,its in my bag,along with my medication for my herpes in my undwear zone.im also being tested for hepititus(sp?) C.it itches alot.just like your jockage."
do not smile
u may blink once
and stand there
staring at him
in the event that he begins to laugh,take a very serious tone and yell
"DID YOU CALL ME FAT?!" "DID YOU?!" "I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!GET AWAY FROM ME!"
or
"no i will NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOU!"
or both
and i guarantee you wont see him again

another good thing to do, if they approach you,is poke them very hard on the top of their head.
just repeadetely
very hard
there all
"b***h why u pokin me?!"
*jab jab jab*
and get last pokes as they scurry off

heh
neither of these has never not worked

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff