Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Your Reason for Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you view/read yaoi for sexual gratification?
  Yes.
  No.
  Yes and no.
View Results

Aaila le stick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:44 pm
i fell upon yaoi by accident andi cant help it if i like it!
i voted yes and no  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:20 pm
Sadie Skittles
Not really. I mostly think it's just totally adorable. Not that I've like never been "turned on" by a yaoi story, but it's mostly about the adorability. I'm one of those hopeless romantics that believes absolutely in the freedom to love and I think yaoi and yuri are the ultimate representations of that freedom. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

I tend to be more fond of shounen-ai than yaoi anyhow. ^_^

I feel pretty much the same way! ^.^  

Meggie Bacon

D ! n o c o c k .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:28 pm
When I'm Standing In The Pouring Rain, I Don't Mind...

I used to. Nowadays, I think most of it is just so cute.

I used to watch yaoi for sexual pleasure. It's hot and steamy most of the time. Heh. But now I watch it for the plot more than the sex. Yaoi like Gravitation are just so cute that it makes me happy to watch it. Now it's for entertainment more than pleasure.

I Think Of You, And Everything's Alright

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:48 pm
sex on a stick hehe  

Nato_san

dirphenomenon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:35 pm
no, not really. i just read it because i'm addicted to it. yaoi is much more interesting to me then hentai or heterosexual intercourse. i just find yaoi exciting and more how do you say it, SMEXY? rolleyes 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:42 pm
I think i'll agree with you on that one.  

Pomba Gira

HybridOwl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:45 am
I voted no then read other peoples post and thought 'I must be wierd' sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:17 am
yes and no. Usually I read them for the cute or angsty plots, but sometimes I just want the smut.  

Wicked Cheshire Kitten

Demonic Kitten

14,950 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Amenazar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:07 pm
I've never done anything like sexual gratification.....ummm.....I read it because I like reading romance....yeah... =__=  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:24 pm
Ks-gun-girl
AmethystLexi
I voted yes and no...
It's not the main reason I view yaoi, and most of the times it's not even a reason.
But there are some times that I view yaoi for sexual gratification, but they are rare.
Me too. 3nodding

yup same here.  

Lahtori

lesbian_kitten_of_doom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:36 am
Auranstlar
palindrome88
....Yes and no. redface

redface haha me too but rarely most of the time itz just you know interesting sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:44 am
Voted yes and no.

Most of the time I do read smut fics, but I don't read them for "sexual gratification". Quite funny I think.

Red Stitches

Mikoto Nephrite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:59 am
I read it because of the plot and romance between the male characters. It's always hilarious when one of them is coming onto another.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:35 am
reason: I got tired of seeing jumps-to-conclusions, PMS'y, big boobed anime girls in short skirts complain and second guess their love-life in shojo manga. Don't get me wrong there are a few decent shojo titles out there, but they are few and far between. So I looked into yaoi, and more then not, it had decent plot, thought out characters and the like. (though believe me when I say yaoi can be just as bad, if not worse then shojo manga with the angst/drama, which is a bit of a let down)

I suppose sometimes it can be used for other means, as well though. cool

[SHIEI]

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:55 pm
I voted no. I really found it out of boredom. Curiousity took ahold, and now I'm addicted to it. Eventually, I started infecting my best friends and other people around my age with it. Now they won't shut up about it and it's annoying to me. (They're still newbies to the raw taste of yaoi.) -sigh- Oh, the momories of when I was once like that...  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff