Have you heard or read Artemis Fowl?
  Yes
  No
  Who's that..?
View Results

Iced_Ink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 am
I love the Artemis fowl series...

I don't like colfer's other books, but these were great.

I have all five books, which I've read 16 times each. I've also got the Artemis Fowl Files. Anyone else read or have that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:22 pm
I love the Artemis Fowl series, I havn't been able to get ahold of the new book but I can't wait until I do! This Minerva chick I keep hearing about, dosn't seem like I'm going to like her. I also want to re-read the series but my friend is barrowing my copy of the first book. I can't re-read the series without the first book! (even if I read the fisrt book after the second XP)  

Izzy Akira

ikaelamay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:10 pm
I tried to read the first one, but just couldn't finish it. Then I tried again and heart LOVED heart it! So I read the rest, and I love them all!!!!! It is one of my favorite series!!!! EVER!!!!!! I love other Eoin Colfer books too, like The Supernaturalist and The Wish List.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:13 pm
Iced_Ink
I love the Artemis fowl series...

I don't like colfer's other books, but these were great.

I have all five books, which I've read 16 times each. I've also got the Artemis Fowl Files. Anyone else read or have that?

Oh, I have the Artemis Fowl files! I love the short stories, the interviews, and Artemis' report card (aaaaah that was HILARIOUS! rofl ). The list of Foaly's inventions was kinda dumb. But I disagree with you on one thng, I LOVE colfer's other books.  

ikaelamay

ikaelamay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:15 pm
Lady Greenwitch
I love Artemis Fowl! I really liked the latest one, though it certainly had it's faults, and I'm looking forward A LOT to the next one. I can't wait to meet the twins! 4laugh

I was wondering if there's gonna be another one. Is there really? The last one seemed like it could end the series (although I would be sad sad )  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:30 pm
I have read all five of the Artemis Fowl books, and can truthfully say that I am a devoted fan of his. An adolescent that has the genius brain of someone who has seen many more years than he has? It is amazing how he constantly outwits his enemies, even if there is a tinge (or a little more than a tinge... or a lot more...) of selfishness to him, it is what makes him Artemis Fowl II. Amazing series.

Oh, and the first book is where he meets the fairies or elves. The second is where he goes on a trip to claim his surviving father. The third book is with the Eternity Cube, a cube made out of LEP technology. The fourth is with Opal Koboi, and the fifth is the new one with the Eigth Colony, the new race xd  

SexyDeity

Sofiaaaaaa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:40 am
well i no own and read all teh atrimise fowl books, counting the files. they are excellent books. no other book mixes fantasy with science. fairies with laser guns and technology there is nothing better then that.

and it is fun to read the gnomish letters on the bottoms of the books.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:50 am
i like artemis fowl especially when doing the little codes at the bottom of the pages in some of the books. but i haven't read the newest one yet  

giz666

Lady Ignea

Sweet Singing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:53 am
I read first 3 Artemis Fowl books- "Artemis Fowl", "The Arctic Incident", "The Eternity Code"... I have also 4th one, but i dont have much time to read it sweatdrop I think the best one was first, second was quite boring... don't kill me xDD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:13 pm
I have read all five of the books. I have to say that the reason I fell in love with this series is that the first book got me rooting for the "bad guy". Very few books actually can carry this off. The rest of the series is also very excellent.

Example: I was reading The Artic Incident at my uncle's and aunt's house. My uncle picked up my book, looked at the back, and flipped though the pages. By the end of the night, he had flopped down and was utterly engrossed in it. He is now a fervent fan of the series.  

thenerdqueen

alinasworld

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:40 pm
i don't like those books  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:09 pm
I read the first four, but I lost a bit of interest between the 4th and 5th and never made it past the first two chapters of the 5th book.  

Jaded Information

Aquamarine415

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:24 pm
alinasworld
i don't like those books

party pooper
well i love the artemis fowl books! heart
they are almost as good as hp.
i have borrowed and read all 5 books and own The Artemis Fowl Files.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:19 pm
WingedHeartAurora
Wait...there's the first book, the second, the third was the Opal, and now there's the newest book. So there's excately 4, I believe.

One of the books made me laugh when Artemis had to play as a normal, bebop teenager, bopping his head... rofl

Actually there's five; artemis fowl, the arctic incident, the eternity code, the opal deception, and the lost colony.  

Celestiara

soupyeh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:24 pm
he has to write a sixth book! the ending of the fifth was a mouth dropper... i like the supernaturalist (i think that's what's called) that he wrote. but the fowl series is amazingly good... the dialogue is witty  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff