Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
De-stickying of the BritPol thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:21 pm
dreaming_mouse
Surely you could just gather everything he's said to all of you and send it to someone higher up?

my thoughts exactly  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:32 pm
DragonRich
dreaming_mouse
Surely you could just gather everything he's said to all of you and send it to someone higher up?

my thoughts exactly

The complaints form is the only reliable way and I would like to formally say that I support no such action against him while there is still the possibility that it is all simply a misunderstanding.

I cannot formally support you in the mass-manufacture of 'Save Invi' or 'Death to Danjel' signatures, or in the signing of petitions to his de-mod-ification.

However in the light of recent events, and the discovery of how easy it is to have warnings and suchlike from certain moderators, I agree that it may be safer for British Gaians to lock their items and extra gold into a mule to keep it safe.

It feels oddly as if the Guild has suddenly mobilised for war.

I cannot serve on the front-line, sorry.

Note also, Danjel can and has read GBG posts in the past.

Regards,

Invictus

Invictus_88
Captain

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:35 pm
Invictus_88

Can you not make the guild private for a while?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:38 pm
Lord Jagged
Invictus_88

Can you not make the guild private for a while?

Mods can see all.

stare

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:57 pm
Still no word back from Zahir, I'll wait for his feedback before I dare respond to Danjel though.

Danjel is dangerous and volatile and issues warnings without visible cause.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:36 pm
dreaming_mouse

I have it all saved to my computer, it'll thus survive any ban he issues and thus serve as evidence.

I'd still like to hear for Zahir, however. He is a Mod-God.

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:28 am
I told Rowan to call Francis, and she did, and so Gaulia now knows of the situation. If anyone was wondering what would become of her. We silently keep in touch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:24 am
PM sent today, 17:35, to L0cke
The following PM is sent to L0cke by Invictus_88 at the suggestion of Zahir in response to a PM I sent to him asking advice about how I should best respond to two actions by taken Danjel against my account. Both are my being warned for alleged spam, followed by the threat that any further 'breaches' would result in further action being taken against my account. Presumably a premanent ban.

The first spam warning appears to have been given on Thursday 2nd June, however Danjel only referred to it retrospectively at a later date. Neither myself, nor Zahir, nor Illyrianth can see how there was a breach of the Gaia rules.

I had made a thread in the ED razz olitics subforum about the British General Election, this was stickied and when the election ended it was changed, by the request of other users, to a more generic BritPol thread. When Danjel unstickied it I wrote a crafted PM asking for it to be stickied, he was strongly against it.
I was warned for spam on the grounds that members of my Guild has also sent PM's to Danjel. I could not contest this however as I was not informed of it until the second instance.

The second warning was for spam as he believed me to have made an irrelevant thread in the ED razz olitics subforum. The thread was called "BritPol Mk.II (The British Politics Thread)".

danjel
Your topic named: BritPol Mk.II (The British Politics Thread)

This topic had been moved to the General Discussion forum.

You can find it under the following URL:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8107456Additional notes:
This thread is below ED standard. "Catch-all" style threads are not acceptable in ED. Being that you ignored previous discussions in order to press ahead with creating this thread, consider this an informal warning for spam. Further breaches on your part will result in action being taken against your account.

Quote:
To: Invictus_88
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:27 pm
Subject: [Gaia] Your topic has been moved.

It was made at the suggestion of both Danjel and Zahir.

Zahir
While I can see that there might be call for a British politics thread in ED razz , I don't know enough about the forum to be able to say whether a sticky might be appropriate - otherwise it might well end up with the subforum having a bajillion stickies for French, German, Indonesian, Canadian politics and so on.

Possibly a better plan, rather than resurrecting the converted General Election thread, would be to construct a dedicated British Politics thread, set it out in an organised fashion, and ask to get it stickied. That way, if the first post outlines the general trends of the conversation, people won't need to read through a tonne of old posts about the election to get to the meat of the current discussion.

Quote:
To: Invictus_88
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:25 pm
Subject: RE: De-stickying of the BritPol thread.

Danjel
Invictus_88
It is simply that British politics has very considerable importance on the world's political stage. An importance which cannot be reflected on the front page because of the great prevalence of US discussion and US repeat threads.

If the UK is so important, then you should feel free to create threads in ED-P just as anyone else does.

This is where Danjel gave explicit permission to create a new thread for discussion of British Politics. One not designed as a sticky and not converted from the old General Election thread.
Far from my having "ignored previous discussions in order to press ahead" with creation of my thread, I actually followed his suggestions. He subsequently sent the new thread to GD and informed me that it was unworthy of ED razz olitics and that I have been warned for spam.

I cannot tell whether this is intentionally unfair and as such abuse of moderator powers or whether he had made a series of mistakes which have led up to my account being on the edge of having further action taken against it.

Danjel has a reputation for being heavy-handed at times however I have only verbal accounts of his unfairly treating other British gaians and so I am trying to limit my account to that which I can prove with quotes raher than by relaying what are essentially stories.

illyrianth
Invictus_88
illyrianth
Invictus_88
D'you have any evidence of you own you'd like to add?

Unfotunately no...although I would suggest that all L0cke would have to do would be to take a look at the way in which danjel responds to anyone with a slightly different outlook to his own. That should provide more than enough evidence of danjel's ongoing arrogant and pig ignorant attitude - especially to non Americans.

Do you want to send me a more quotable version?

Let me see...quotable, eh?

Nah...fraid I find it difficult to say anything positive about danjel.

I have no idea what happens from this point forward so if you could, a short reply would be very useful indeed.

Thankyou for your time,

Invictus_88
(GC, Gaian British Guild)

BritPol Mk. II, currently stuck in the General Discussion.

BritPol Thread, unstickied and currently in the Politics subforum.

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:27 am
Let's just hope that something positive comes from this. I was under the impression that L0cke was a terribly harsh moderator. I think Illy told me that sometime or other...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:41 pm
L0cke
I spoke with danj about your thread.

He felt that it was more of a hangout thread and didnt have enough solid content for discussion so he moved it. Basically, I think in ED, threads like: "abortion. discuss." are not really welcomed since they are too generalized. Being more specific about your thread such as: "Abortion. At what point does a fetus have human rights? I think, blah, blah, blah for a few sentences or whatnot." and you have a decent thread with some discussion value for people.

While there is plenty to discuss if you just say "British politics" or "abortion" there are too many directions that subject can take and it doesnt lend itself well to overall discussion. I think that Danj's decision was based on that simple fact ^^

If you would like to discuss this case further please pm back and we'll continue :]

best wishes,

-L0cke

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:46 pm
So what are we supposed to make? The American threads swarm our ones hands-down. AND that still doesn't clear up the spam-warning issue. That's actually not much help at all. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:50 pm
Nebelstern
So what are we supposed to make? The American threads swarm our ones hands-down. AND that still doesn't clear up the spam-warning issue. That's actually not much help at all. xp

Well, he didd say pm back if you'd like to futher discuss the issue.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:56 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Well, he didd say pm back if you'd like to futher discuss the issue.

He seems to have completely ignore the issue though. He has only focussed on the thread, and not the abuse of mod-power. I doubt that they ever will, being brutally honest.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:23 pm
User Image

I fail to see how this one gets the message across... it rather promotes the demise of Illy, rather than portraying it as a shocking, needless loss. Meh. sweatdrop  

Nebelstern
Crew

Gaulia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:45 pm
Nebelstern
User Image

I fail to see how this one gets the message across... it rather promotes the demise of Illy, rather than portraying it as a shocking, needless loss. Meh. sweatdrop

Hell if I know either.

I have nothing to do with previous images, by the way. mrgreen

I think that L0cke is being somewhat reasonable, leaving the floor open for discussion on that subject, too. Perhaps you might do well to find some other therads in ED razz which are like BritPol Mk II, and haven't been moved?  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games