Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
vegetarianism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:24 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:44 am
I'm a mostly vegatarian (I eat meat rarely when it would be rude not to at at a family even for example). However as the meat scares.  

alicelights

miss_flow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:23 pm
I'm a vegetarian. I've been brought up by my mum to not eat meat, but in the future I know I'll stay a vegetarian. I know her not giving me any meat will always be the main reason, but I do think its wrong... but I can't tell people what to eat, and I have no problem with people eating meat in front of me...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:23 am
Gaulia
I don't see the logic in any of that, to be honest.

However much you'd like to disagree, humans are still animals, no matter HOW much of the earth we take over, and no matter how "intelligent" we are. And what do animals in the "wild" go by? The food chain. Because of the way that humans have evolved and developed, and the things they've invented, humans are pretty much at the top. We've been eating meat since we were cavemen.
And not only that, but humans are designed to be omnivores. This shows via many ways; incisors and canines which are designed for tearing and biting, legs which can run fast enough to persue yet they need not be fast enough to escape, and good eyesight to pick out prey. Of course, that was then, and it's so much easier now, what with farming having developed, but those elements still remain.

Anyone ever heard the song "Meat is Murder" by the Smiths? Agree or disagree? We're meant to eat meat, and in order to eat it, we have to kill it first - whether it's wild, from a free-range farm, or a battery farm, we still have to kill it. Ultimately, the animals that we kill are meant to be eaten by us. Why don't we have the RSPCA or PETA on our backs, taking us to court, claiming animal cruelty?

Plus, people get protein deficiencies from not eating meat. What does that tell you?

I just don't see the logic.

That's basically my opinion on the matter. Thanks for saving me the time it would have taken to type it all out myself.  

Ph_ish

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces