Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Use music while painting?
  yes
  no
View Results

Dasike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:30 pm
UMMMMMM my playlist which is J-rock, Gundam sound tracks, Dawn of war music, Rock, pop, dance. ummmm most of the time i have a film on. lord of the rings or back to the future are always good. At the nearest Games Workshop they play nightwish mostly.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:29 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Music was a great thing to listen to, but when I moved in with my best friend we would just paint together and talk about this and that. Some subjects were not the best for when painting, but it worked good.

Hear Hear! My painting apparatus still lives in a mobile carrying unit due to the fact that for the longest time most of my painting was done at a friend's house, or more correctly the rental cabin at the end of his lane that had sat vacant for years. General chatter and being able to bounce ideas off of one another made for great days of relaxing and painting.

Of course we'd still listen to music while we were there, but it was the same thing we listened to any other time (this was the late 80's/early 90's, so 'contemporary' alterna-pop mixed with 40's jazz and a few musicals). I did like to put together mixes of the most musically different discs in his collection, or as I like to call it, DJing without a clutch, but that had nothing specifically to do with painting. smile

Today I'll pop in whatever I'm in the mood for from my 25+ gigs of archived music or put the whole bleeding playlist on random for sheer aural anarchy. All depends on my mood really...  

The Erstwhile Muse

Daemonhawk89

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:02 am
I listen heavy metal, usually Norther or Children of Bodom.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:20 am

Definetely listen to music while I paint. For me, painting is more of an artistic activity and practice in patience than just getting a squad done.
And I've always listened to music while drawing/painting.

I put a lot of fast music on my mp3 player, because painting models is actually reeeally boring for me. It helps keep me entertained. Tricks me into thinking that painting is exciting biggrin
So right now theres a lot of Rob Zombie, some hip hop and some techno. Slow stuff is boring. Although it can be good. Not usually. Meh.

Karnokoto

Jay Mitsuru

IRL Consumer

9,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:26 am
Don Tiare and the Alohas, For the Win.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm
I listen to e-type mostly when painting but also eminem  

Professional Dead Person

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:32 pm
Renold_Yule
I listen to e-type mostly when painting but also eminem

e-type...

no triple dots, i like the e-type.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 pm
Often I paint in silence, but if I listen to music, it alters my painting.  

Andreis

Jera_Laguz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:02 pm
I like to listen to some Rancid when painting. End of.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:31 pm
Static-x and gorilaz, always. Anything else and i cant work.  

Ahriman the Deceiver

MorgannaNightshade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:41 pm
I listen to anything that takes my fancy at the time, so anything from early 80's pop to punk to goth to doom metal. Most often though I have the tv on in the background, it distracts me less than music does when I'm doing intensive paint jobs (but I can't stand working in silence).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:05 pm
I just put my playlist of all my music on to listen to, seeings as i paint at work listening to the same songs over and over I get too used to just filtering it out as background noise so the music really makes no difference to my painting.  

Dark Lore

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:21 pm
The absolute best thing I do, I think, is to paint with a friend.

I've painted in silence, with music in the background, but my favourite condition thus far has been with my girlfriend sitting right next to me painting another model. She may not be too interested in the game itself, but she likes painting and whatnot.

The company is always good, and helps with those who may become easily distracted or procrastinate.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm
I listen to allot of different genres of music: rock, pop, classical, military marches, game music, anime music e.t.c. I've also listened to books that have been recorded on CDs a couple of times while I've painted 3nodding  

Bobbovski

MorgannaNightshade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:16 pm
Xenos Mortium
The absolute best thing I do, I think, is to paint with a friend.

I've painted in silence, with music in the background, but my favourite condition thus far has been with my girlfriend sitting right next to me painting another model. She may not be too interested in the game itself, but she likes painting and whatnot.

The company is always good, and helps with those who may become easily distracted or procrastinate.

I used to have a painting corner at the games club I ran years ago. It was good fun, but I only ever got a fraction of what I could paint while solo done. A shame really, but 3 weeks to paint a unit of Genestaleares was a tad longer than I like (especially when I had 2 months to paint the entire army!).  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff