9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:51 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
MortSanglant
Amon the Halfbreed
no I dont, in fact I aviod funerals because the poeple crying there are utterly weak and pathetic.

Oh, how I love when children try to come off as hard.

Seriously, that's a very dickish and infantile thing to say.

@Kornfucius - I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother.

I hope you're doing okay.

: surprised ffers hug::

well some of us choose not to mourn just to put it in the back of our minds and let it die, that in a way how it should be look forward and not even to dare to look back.

but that doesnt mean that people who cry are pathetic, thats how they get over it, by letting it out, not holding it in  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:10 am
I cry in funerals. Not because I miss the person or knew them. Because of the sorrow I feel all around me..  

ShadowLotus

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:03 pm
Shanna66
Amon the Halfbreed
MortSanglant
Amon the Halfbreed
no I dont, in fact I aviod funerals because the poeple crying there are utterly weak and pathetic.

well some of us choose not to mourn just to put it in the back of our minds and let it die, that in a way how it should be look forward and not even to dare to look back.

but that doesnt mean that people who cry are pathetic, thats how they get over it, by letting it out, not holding it in

okay I dont uderstand it but okay  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:04 pm
[Rosetta Stoned]
Amon the Halfbreed

The most non pathetic and strong guy I knowwas crying at his mum's funeral.
I think it's more pathetic if you can't cry for the person who has watched over you and loved you unconditionally your whole life neutral

okay whatever, Im cold and pathetic  

Hunter of the Dammed

Turn-Based Addict

Backwoods Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:22 am
yeah when I was little I cried at my moms casket until they had to drag me out kicking and screaming.

The funny thing about that when I got the news I didn't care cause I was watching t.v., then when I got to see the corpse the words "you will never see her again" hit me at full force then I went into a frenzy of crying and it seemed to continue till I was nine.

Then when I grew up I reliezed I didn't know my mom like I thought and was told I knew her..

I don't cry at funerals anyomre but I will show respect fro the next of kin...Which sometimes gets very unconfortable for me since I don't really know how to act... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:13 am
Uhm, I cried when a friend of mine died.. and when an uncle I hardly ever saw died, I cried to. They just make funerals extra sad, they want you to cry xP  

neverwinter33

Akaratichi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:23 am
Sometimes i wish i did , but i dont wich is verry offending towards other poeple at the funeral ... not because i dont show emotion ... no because most times i smirk and if it gets really bad (wich happend only one time) i can burst out in laughter.
I'm quite ashamed of myself for that but i simply cant help it. - So i wish i cried ... or wel at least didnt laugh.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:36 am
I never cried at a funeral. Even when I was pretty close to the person. As a matter of fact I've never cried when they told me any of them died. I was sad. But it just wasn't in me for some reason.

I've cried about a few dead pets though. A bird, one of my dogs, and my favorite cat ever. (only cat that genuinely liked me, and didn't just suck up to me so I'd pet it.)  

TheWitchGotRobin

Kuro_Hana101

Dapper Member

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:28 pm
yes i do, just not right away..it take my head a few seconds to kick in.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:55 pm
I don't  

cagalli yula atha

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:39 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
MortSanglant
Amon the Halfbreed

That's fine and dandy.

Everyone deals with death in their own way.

Do some of the methodologies that people have seem ridiculous to me?

Yes.

Do I ridicule them for it?

No.

They aren't weak and pathetic; they've just chosen to deal with death in a manner which doesn't appeal to you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:21 am
I dont cry in funerals. I dont think Death is so bad. Ive been comfortable with death since I was little. 3nodding  

Paico

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:32 am
Midnight Emily
I dont cry in funerals. I dont think Death is so bad. Ive been comfortable with death since I was little. 3nodding

Crying doesn't necessarily mean you are uncomfortable with death.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:56 am
Amon the Halfbreed
[Rosetta Stoned]
Amon the Halfbreed

The most non pathetic and strong guy I knowwas crying at his mum's funeral.
I think it's more pathetic if you can't cry for the person who has watched over you and loved you unconditionally your whole life neutral

okay whatever, Im cold and pathetic

Well, you certainly didn't come off as intelligent
You just sound like a sociopath. neutral

Genica Pussywillow

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:05 am
Death is a part of life. We recognize this fact even if it isn't made blatently appartent most days. However, when some one you feel close to passes it can still be a bit of a shock to some people.

The last funeral I went to was for my uncle. I had no time to metally prepare myself since I did not find out about it till the last minute. When I went to the wake, the reality of the situation hit me like a ton of bricks and I just started crying. I didn't want to cry, but the realization that I wouldn't be able to laugh and joke with him anymore brought about a wave of sorrow and grief. Not so much for the fact that he was dead, but for the fact that I wouldn't be able to share life with him any longer. It was more the pang of loss than anything else. It took me a while to recover from those tears, and I was sad, but I went to the wake and funeral to say goodbye and to try my best to show comfort and support for my other family members.

Everyone grieves and says goodbye in their own way. Some people cry while others celebrate life. There is no real right or wrong way to go about it, but it's unfair to call other people names for how they deal with death. Everyone is different and everyone expresses themselves in different ways. To say goodbye to anyone you felt close to is always a difficult thing when you know there won't be a next time. So I ask everyone to please be at least a little sensative and respectful to other people's feelings.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff