Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Invasion of the Uke D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:58 pm
i agree wholeheartedly with For-Chan Cookie. And another observation in this new term seke. it's being used to describe manly ukes and that kind of makes me twitch. it's like the definitions can only be:
uke: highly femminate boy (no matter the age, it's always a boy)
seme: obviously manly and in control
seke: uke who occasionally takes control of the sexual relationship

i'm not saying i don't like clingy ukes, i'm just saying i like emotional ukes. i know this is extremely generalized but it's all i've been seeing lately. and as for more and more OC ukes being whiny and girly, yeah. they're out there. but that's because their played by girls who think yaoi is "squee! OMG kawaii!!!1!" i even find myself slipping into that role of girly uke, then i remember i'm a girl playing a guy so i can't just act like i act, but like he would act.

did that make any sense?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:58 pm
Mrrrr......if I acted anything like Shuichi........I'll purposely jump in a ditch.

That aside. I don't think it's just uke specifically that get annoying when they're all whiney and clingy. People in general are annoying when they're like that. XP  

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Vinny Bertolli

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:10 am
I agree. Totally! OMG! I can't stand ukes like that.....I mean.....only in small doses, please. Especially when the characters are older, you expect them to act at least a little bit mature. These guys are still GUYS even if they're gay. I mean...well, you know what I mean. I hope.

My favorite type of yaoi couple is always two men that are obviously male and have some kind of plausible relationship, personalities, and thought processes going on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:36 pm
blackcatluck
And another observation in this new term seke. it's being used to describe manly ukes and that kind of makes me twitch. it's like the definitions can only be:
uke: highly femminate boy (no matter the age, it's always a boy)
seme: obviously manly and in control
seke: uke who occasionally takes control of the sexual relationship
Isn't 'Seke' normally used for those in relationships that flip-flop in sexual dominace regularly?  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:00 pm
This is a tad off-topic, but when I saw the topic title "Invasion of the Uke" I pictured an army of Shuichi clones coming in drones screaming "YUUUUKIIIII!"

... And now I shall take my leave and try and get the imagery out of my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:23 pm
ukes should be cute but they should still be men. I personally like yaoi because it has nothing to do with girls in relationships so the last thing I want is an overly girly uke...some of the ukes now a days are girlier than I am...on the other end of the spectrum I don't like overly macho men semes either. Just boys that like eachother are fine with me.  

Ciceros_Cupcake_Republic

palindrome88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:44 pm
Lucca Ashtear
Like Glenn in Chrono Trigger. There's a male uke for you!

Too bad there wasn't anything definitively shown between him and Cyrus... only hinted at...

Heh, but he used to be a 'marshmallow', right? xd No, Glenn's not one of those annoying ukes since he actually grows a backbone and some balls later on. I don't mind the occational girlyl, helpless little kid uke, but I prefere ones that are still men, even if they are more submissive in bed. Submissive =/= little girl. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:11 pm
I think it's fine. Shuichi is not that girly, in the anime sure, but in the manga he looks like a boy.  

Amenazar

JTequila

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:16 pm
You should see all the ukes in the gay guilds. It's scary.

I'm a total uke. Wuss? Yes. Effeminate? No. Not in the slightest. (though I do have a strange tendency to wax my legs and wear skirts, but that's just the gayness in me. I do it to show off my legs =3)

It seems I'm one of the only ones left.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:12 pm
I like the cute little clingy ukes, don't ask me why. They just make me go to goo because of the cute-ness! Of course, sometimes they can be a bit too girly though, then i start to wnder. But thats not to say that manly ukes are not great too!  

Pomba Gira

xXVampire of LustXx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:02 am
Hmmmm.... I don't know o.o... but Ukes are USUALLY the effeminate one... but not in all cases. But I usually go for the couples where they both look very femme but don't act completely femme.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:37 am
Shuichi... OMG. AND Mira from Papa to Kiss in the Dark! OMG. HE'S SO CUTE! I wish it was longer... The plot was a bit werid.  

psychotic LEE

[That_Guy]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:54 am
I agree that these ukes are becoming a stereotype, and that there growing popularity is over whelming. I can't say that I'd pass judgment over a person/character for being a feminine Uke, but I'm not obliged to tolerate their unpredictable actions either. All one can do is hope this fad passes, and boys can return to being boys. And yes, if you must know I'm a masculine "Uke", and living proof that not all "Bottoms" have to be overly feminine.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:53 pm
I think that gravitation was so cute but there were times when the main acted like a little too girlish. There are times when it's funny but sometimes it gets overdone.  

hameko105

SyriMoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
Here's my stance-

They can LOOK very pretty and effeminate and I'm hunky-dorey as long as they don't ACT like 8 year old spoiled girls. uke's that are a little more emotional, who are a little less strong, that's fine. but girls in manga annoy me for the most part; putting a p***s on one doesn't maker her any better.

Exampe- not quite a yaoi, not even BL, but homoerotic shojo, Kamui. He's very pretty, with big blue eyes and shaggy black hair, slender build, etc. But he can kick a**. He's a great fighter, one of those Stand up for what you believe in types. But if you were to pair X into all seme/uke roles...dude, poor boy is EVERYONE's uke, even Subaru's, and Subaru....is a complete uke. (Subaru is a fine example of how the sweet, timid pretty uke can still be strong and dynamic, and then even HE gets totally stoic and kick-arse later.)

Yeah...I can use that show for a refernce for alost any topic. sweatdrop I need to read more manga.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff